Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I think that someone is going to finally have everything they need to make the XCom total conversion they’ve always dreamed of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Lysidas posted:

Same -- I'm really looking forward to dealing with the Mystery Flesh Pit and lots of the other eldritch horror wreaked by insane or malevolent machine superintelligence(s). I'm not sure whether I'll want to engage with all of the horror in every single game, but I'm definitely looking forward to exploring each Anomaly scenario at least once.

I’m kind of tempted to try to run a single world as an anthology (by way of mods to put old colonies on pause for a bit? Is that doable?). See if I can have a fresh caravan settlement for each horror, then bring the cast together for the Anomaly wincon sequence. Would probably take some tweaking to keep things at the right pace, but doable?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Looking at the techs they’re previewing, I’m wondering if the idea is that, by poking the bear and bringing anomalies down on yourself, you gain tools that are highly efficient against normal raids—which would give you the room to refocus against the escalating anomalies instead. Something’s got to give if you’re expected to start building more security inwards, right?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Mzbundifund posted:

Is there not actually an end to the event like there is with the obelisks? I’m fine with just drop podding it away but the research text explicitly says there’s a way to end it by researching it enough.

Well yes, the researchers would say that, wouldn’t they?

(I have not yet been cubed)