Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NiknudStunod
May 2, 2009
The ai for this game needs a little bit of work. I have defeated every single siege with a sniper rifle and a guy with 10 in shooting. The funny part is when the siege invaders turn on each other when all there mortars are dead. I have also had siege invaders run through my turret maze to get to my metal stockpile on order to finish building their mortars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiknudStunod
May 2, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

One thing I'm liking with this version compared to A4 (I skipped A5) is that the combat feels a lot better, the wounds make it easier to bring people down without them being absolute bullet sponges, sometimes they take lots of hits but other times they go down quickly, much better than the hitpoints based combat.

Further, it's nice to see the effects different shots can have, hitting people in the legs stops them running away and suchlike, also I'm finding a lot of the enemies will just run in terror once they take some hits/a few of their friends die.

It feels more crunchy having fights populated by people who got one-shot the moment they stepped in, and people running screaming at the carnage.

Of course on the flipside if your guys get shot it sucks because you need to make sure to heal them up quickly before they bleed out. Also, speaking of bleeding out, I'm having some success sending one guy with a lee enfield to poke holes in enemy sieges, then retreating and waiting for half of them to bleed to death.

Unless you are fighting mech's! I had a hard time killing a centipede mech yesterday. He just has so many body segments that I was not hitting anything critical. I had 2 turrets and 2 colonists just unloading on it and it just kept fighting. It ended up killing 1 colonist and 1 of the turrets before it finally died. I also had 2 scythers drop directly on my colony yesterday and they killed 3 colonists before I could do anything. These things are pretty deadly now.

Now the question I have is how to balance trees in the new biomes? I am trading logs to anyone that will give me a price on them by the thousands.

NiknudStunod
May 2, 2009
While I am enjoying the new health system I can not wait for bionics. Right now losing a limb is broken to the point where you are better off arresting them and selling them off as slaves or just starving them to death then anything else. Recently I just pause the game when I see one of my colonists go down and if they lost anything I just leave them there to die.

NiknudStunod
May 2, 2009
The best way I have found is let the turrets deal with the scythers and once they are dead you want to use heavy weapons like m24's and kite the centipedes. It takes a while for them to aim and fire so you can usually get behind cover before they shoot.

NiknudStunod
May 2, 2009

Opal posted:

In addition to what the guy said before me, build your walls out of something stronger than steel. I'm pretty sure all types of stone block are hardier.

Start with wood and then upgrade to stone is the path I usually take.