Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
So I ended up getting this game.

I was idly randomizing my starting colonists and ended up with a 35-year-old assassin and two 15-year-old bartenders, a boy and a girl.

I'm choosing to believe that on his last job the assassin ended up befriending the two and took them with him when things got too hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I just had a scary encounter when a pirate party of like 12 guys landed right on top of my trade beacon and started shooting. :stonk:

I withdrew everyone to a room with a couple turrets to make a stand, and managed to rout the pirates with no deaths. Had a bunch of injuries, none of them permanently impairing. I even managed to capture two of the pirates! I got really goddamn lucky, I think.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Being able to bring your colonists back after they get depressed/go berserk is a pretty awesome feature.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

AHH FUGH posted:

What do I do when the piece a spaceship crashes near my colony? I need an AI core to finish my ship but there's no AIs to be found.

Shoot it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

KyloWinter posted:

SC didn't have true z-levels. The different elevations just effected sight and movement and maybe shooting miss chances. There were no levels upon levels except maybe in the few specific cases of bridges.

Nah, you couldn't move under bridges. They always had to be bridging impassable terrain (water, lava, space, etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So the Psychology mod added new mental breaks. One of them is "self-harm."

I had a prisoner get a self-harm mental break and proceed to hack off her own loving hand somehow. :stonk:

e: I'm not entirely sure what she even did it with, I guess the same tool as whatever the hell colonists use to slaughter animals? :v:

Believe it or not, this is actually a real thing that happens to people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder