Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Yeah 6x6 seems legit for a bedroom, especially if you use the Realistic Rooms mod.

Definitely use this mod, it should be considered a requirement. No longer will pawns demand a personal palace to not bitch about the room being too small. It just boggles my mind that Tynan set the space needed to be so high yet the default map sizes are really small. Like building 3 bedrooms at the sizes for your pawns to not bitch on default map size will have you building to an edge of the map.

Though I build my rooms 7x7 because I want to put the door in the center tile cause I'm extremely OCD like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Baloogan posted:

*literally eats your child*

Whoa man, its like playing Fallout 4 :haw:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

Prepare Carefully

Don't forget you can not only save individual pawn profiles, but save the entire group as well. Its so nice being able to immediately load the group I want without spending half an hour smacking random.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Danaru posted:

One of my colonists suddenly got the "My Lover Squirt died" moodlet :shepface: No one named Squirt has ever been to my colony, friend or foe, and no one named Squirt was in her social tab before. Who the hell is Squirt?

Well see... if you're really good at pleasuring a woman sexually....

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

I had a crafter that made three charge pistols (from a mod) in a row. The second one had art of the first being created, and the third one commemorated the second.

All while a doctor looked on anxiously, done in a glitch art style.

drat, I wish I could draw cause this is a hilarious image.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wait pigs will eat corpses? So I can turn long pork into actual pork? I need to get some piggies.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Nuclear War posted:

Finally getting to play this for the first time in 7 months. Could someone post the best quality of life mods? I'd be grateful for the time saved

Prepare Carefully, full stop. Never worry about spending an hour clicking randomize for every new colony again!
Feed the colonists, or vegetable garden if you don't mind the food mechanics being expanded a bit. They both give the important ability to do bulk cooking, traveling to and from materials eats up so much time and being able to cook 4 meals at once instead of 1 at a time is such a time saver.
Realistic Rooms, now you don't have to build a palace to get your pawns to stop bitching about small rooms.
Refugee Stats so you can see if you're taking on a liability when they ask for help.
Crafting Hysteresis, when you do "until you have x" orders your crafters freak out whenever you go below that and will run out to bring it back to that number. This lets you pause the order when you reach that limit and resumes it when you hit the minimum.
Efficient Light is nice in not requiring a large amount of power to light up your base
RT Fuse is great cause it helps against everyone's favorite troll event: Bzzt.
Tilled Soil so you don't have to A: Hope you get fertile soil nearby and B: Either have weirdly shaped gardens to use fertile soil or have your gardens out of sync as some is on fertile soil and some isn't. Also gently caress gravel soil and its 70% fertility.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Speaking of the thread title, is there a mod that makes drugs not completely garbage to use?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Tynan is making the game...easier? What is the catch?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Omnicarus posted:

Also note that in A17 coming up mining is much more important since it determines your chance of actually getting resources from a mined chunk, whereas prior to this it was always 100% regardless of skill.

Remember when DF worked like this so people wouldn't let any of their lower skilled dwarves mine ores and gems? And Toady decided that was silly, and made mining only effect speed and made ores and gems a 100% drop rate? Tynan's weird rear end name went the exact opposite.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mzbundifund posted:

Level 20 crafters and constructors already make good quality or better 93% of the time, so that perk wouldn't really do a ton. It's kind of impossible to keep anyone at level 20 on most skills anyway unless you use a mod that negates skill rust.

I totally agree that this mining change is incredibly stupid. If you REALLY wanted to penalize low-level miners I'd have bad miners have a chance to drop "impure ore" instead of the material itself, and have you process the ore in a furnace to get the material out, so bad miners just add a processing step instead of just vaporizing 20kg of steel into the atmosphere. I'd still rather have it be as it is in A16, where bad miners are just slow at it so you don't have to micro who does which mining task.

Wait there is skill rust? loving, really?! Holy poo poo, Tynan really did accidentally make a fun game!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Sounds accurate...

Sadly :smith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Swedish Horror posted:

edit: nvm this'll start poo poo

Jesus christ

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

beerinator posted:

Just had a manhunter turkey pack take out a siege before I could even get my snipers out of the base. Thanks Randy!

Clearly you should make that day a holiday and call it Thanksgiving.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bhodi posted:

er, what? iirc all expeditions ate their sled dogs and where designed to do so when they got through to non-sledable terrain

:stare:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Why does prepare carefully throw a fit and refuse to load my presets if I change my mods around, especially if the mods don't have anything to do with pawn creation :argh:

Now I'm screenshotting my starter pawns so I can manually go in and readjust my stats.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Gonna share this here with those of you who don't look at the awful mod thread

quote:

Ever wanted your pawns to jack it in Rimworld?

quote:

Masturbating and meditating are equally as likely to be done (except that not all colonists can meditate).

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Installed the prisoner labor mod, one of the recent tribals that attacked me has 7 cooking and a flame so... I mean well... There is some open space next to the kitchen that could have a room thrown down....

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I use this mod mainly to set my pets to only eat kibble and hay. Its also nice to switch pawns to eating the worst meals first instead of automatically going for the best.

Honestly it'd be nice if there was a mod that made pawns randomly choose meals instead of going for one specific kind of meal (whether it be best, or using mods to make it worst) because man vegetable garden that IS a bunch of different recipes you added, too bad I'll probably just continue to make meals or at least just 1 kind of recipe since my pawns never diversify what they eat and hell if I'm going to manually tell them to eat a stew one day then a cheeseburger the next then a pizza the day after.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slime posted:

You'd think people who are barely surviving would care less about whether someone died wearing some clothes or not.

"Oh god we crash landed, we all have to pitch in together if we are to sur- Wait you want me to PICK SOMETHING UP then MOVE IT ANOTHER LOCATION and PUT IT DOWN?! Go gently caress yourself!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

A Moose posted:

I'm playing with the cult mod, and is there any downside in turning all my colonists into psychopaths? Will I have to do more to keep them happy since they stop gaining mood from socializing?

Honestly, I legit think no mood gains from socializing is not a downside in the slightest since they also wont get mood loss from being slighted cause, on top of no haul divas, these motherfuckers can't manage to say one single nice thing to each other the vast majority of the time.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Honestly I'd go with the mod that removes randomization on quality for crafting/constructing. Gets rid of the tedium of remaking a bed 10 times because your 15 crafting builder keeps making shoddy beds. Or shoddy swords.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I see where you're coming from. But man. Shoddy bed, shoddy bed, shoddy bed, awful bed HOW ARE YOU MAKING WORSE ONES

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
When you get smacked with the plague that is when you enter devmode and drop glitterworld medicine and penoxycyline cause its a shitload of gently caress

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Kinda. I try to do tribal starts with the medieval mod with a few other mods to make it more bearable (there is a tribal necessities mod that lets you brew a tea to help with plagues bullshit, also a mod that advances your technology level) but it does get to a point where it takes so long to do things and since raids are based off killboxes and well... you aint gonna have a bunch of turrets at the ready to take care of those raiders.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

quote:

----Insulting spree. Randomly go around and insult people.

Oh hey cool, one of my colonists can be that homeless guy I run into on the way to work every day.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah I'm also curious on how melee works. Right now its so hilariously overly lethal there is no point in doing it. I mean sure, the AI can benefit from melee combat because gently caress you player I have infinite bodies I can throw at you. Meanwhile my 15 skill double passion brawler pawn loses an eye or a finger every time I make them fight some tribal with 2 points in melee holding a shiv at which point they may as well just have died.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone on reddit had that happen too

Those are some nice trees you have there...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Heffer posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Dying From Manhunters Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Squirrel Like Nigga Close Your Door Haha

Weird my artist just sculpted a sculpture that says this exact thing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Autism Sneaks posted:

You learn to fear the tortoise and, not long after, death by a thousand cuts via squirrels

Heffer posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Dying From Manhunters Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Squirrel Like Nigga Close Your Door Haha

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TheDK posted:

Ha, her name is Abandoned Beaver?

e: Oh, I can't decide if that is more or less depressing.

I've got yer abandoned beaver right here :pervert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I use it to save characters that I've rerolled and wanted. Technically its still in the spirit of the game, I just didn't smash reroll for an hour

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Lock mod is also nice in stopping pawns from wandering into other pawns rooms to look at their art or hit on them while they sleep.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
All you're missing by ignoring those things is the extreme tedium of addiction.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
LP revoked the 3 month rule, go hog wild!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

There is the Tynan I know and love, adding complications to things to make you not want to explore a certain mechanic in a game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
hahah how is death by dachshunds even real hahaha thats actually kinda sad :smith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

A Moose posted:

I use a mod that lets you maintain electronics to keep them from breaking down. It saves a TON of components for the small cost of having construction pawns going around maintaining things all the time.

This really should have been a mod that was made into official content. Also why does my fuel powered stove need components to be repaired :psyduck:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hook the brain to a research station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there a mod that'll help colonists dress intelligently? I've got a heat wave and these morons refuse to take off their parkas. :doh:

You can set up a heatwave outfit in the outfit menu and assign them to it.