Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Goddamn, the rejected marriage proposal modifier is -25 mood for 1 season, 10 days :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Psychic drone followed directly by toxic fallout and volcanic winter within 3 days. Seems I missed the apocalypse or something.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
A mysterious blight destroyed all my potted plants :mad: (All the crops outside had already been dead for a month due to a volcanic winter)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This volcanic winter that is currently on its third month is making things very boring.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Haha, the ex husband of one of my colonists just crashed into the middle of my base in a drop pod. The first thing that happens once he gets healed up is he gets into a social fight with my warden (his ex-wife)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Any way to force two colonists to hook up? I have 2 gay ladies who are permanently in a bad mood because they both constantly attempt to hit on every other female colonist and get rejected. I was hoping I could hook them up so they would stop that.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

IcePhoenix posted:

Force them into situations where they'll interact with each other. Set an area for mining and have them as the only miners, have a crafting room with them each at a table, have them share the same joy time with all the joy stuff near each other, etc. People will naturally socialize when they're doing stuff near each other.

Could try being a bit more aggressive with that I suppose. Already tried setting them up doing the same job for a little while, but it didn't seem to work.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

FileNotFound posted:

Except walls. Do not build wood walls unless you just like watching everything burn....

Meh, have everyone on 1 priority for firefighting, and make a concrete fireblocker outside the outer wall of your base, and everything should be fine. Haven't had any problems with fires getting out of control yet

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone got some tips for a tribal desert start? The lack of trees and forageable bushes makes thing a bit rough.
Also the plague taking out 3 members on day 5 doesn't help.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
You can also just immediately deconstruct them when complete if they don't have the "protect for x days" sub objective.

Edit: Goddamn food poisoning is so annoying when starting out

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 4, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Think that's the worst luck I've had in the game so far. Got a raid from a pirate faction during a thunderstorm, and my best gunner immediately got hit by lightning.

Edit: And two raids immediately afterwards, lovely.

Edit2: Make that three raids. At least I managed to heal up the worst before the last one.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 5, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Making chocolate doesn't really seem worth it, the trees take ages to grow, doesn't like even slightly cold weather, and gets destroyed upon harvest. Am I missing something here?

Now psychite tea on the other hand, that's some great stuff.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I've had Psychite tea as a social drug for almost 2 years, and haven't had any problems with addictions so far. I also reckon it wouldn't be hard to keep up the supply in case of addiction, since it's so easy to make.

jokes posted:

How do you grow cocoa in cold climates? You can’t put a roof down I don’t think. Maybe a bunch of heaters and only one missing roof tile? Seems a little crazy I can’t build something to allow me to grow a tree indoors.

You don't, really. The window for growth is short, and a lot of the trees will die when the temperature drops below 0.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I am getting almost no trading caravans, even though I'm right next to about 4 settlements, anything I can do to remedy this?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 5, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

OwlFancier posted:

They aren't, as far as I know, related to your location, it's random when they show up.

But I think you can call someone you're friends with on the communications console and ask them to send a caravan.

Started as tribal so I'm still some way off the comm console unfortunately.

How random is it, really? I'm in the middle of year 3 right now and the only trader I've had (outside of tribute collectors) was a single guy during spring of year 1.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So the description of Duke/Duchess says they won't do "Commoner work", does that mean they won't work at all?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Count also won't do commoner work though

Edit: Is it actually possible to meet the Emperor?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I find it weird that research falls under commoner work, bit of a shame since the colonist I'm currently grooming for nobility is my main researcher.

Ah well, might not ever make it to count anyway, and at the point where I reach it, I'll probably have another researcher.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

You know, for a legendary work I expected a bit more.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
drat, the Berserk skill you can learn at tier 5 (Baron/Baroness) is ridiculously powerful, worth keeping the noble around just for that.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

OwlFancier posted:

Again supporting my SCP theory :v:

That I can just move it around and whatever room I put it down in immediately becomes Extremely Impressive, seems to support this idea.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I know it's dumb to rant about Randy, but I really wish he wouldn't do toxic fallout or volcanic winter events during spring or summer of the first year.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Tenzarin posted:

Did they lower the number of pawns that spawn to join you? It's been like an entire year and I only got one and they died.

The wanderer event seems rarer, but in return I seem to be getting a lot of crashed pods.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Dunno if this would classify as an exploit, but if you call in reinforcements with a noble, and they get knocked out, you can "rescue" them, heal them up and send them off, and it will give the same relation bonus as rescuing any other member of that faction.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I thought pretty much all nobles or noble fighters had biocoded weapons and refuse to unequip their apparel.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

First time I've seen someone with 0 passions.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Only empire goons use acidifiers, right?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just smh if you don't set up a psychite tea or booze empire every game

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I like how every single "hunting decree" so far has basically just forced me to slaughter something I had already tamed.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
12 royal favour for 29 days of dry thunderstorm? Sure, why not?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Would breeding a stock of Grizzly Bears and give them go juice be a good idea for base defense?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I actually haven't had a single animal that wasn't a dog or cat bond with anyone for my last few colonies. I thought they might have taken out the bonding mechanic for anything that doesn't nuzzle.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
If you keep stealing all the royal jelly from infestation sites, do the insects eventually begin to starve?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Started a new colony as Rich Explorer, first colonist that joins has Wimp, immediately gets sensory mechanites.

Good stuff

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Turns out you can stack certain weather conditions on top of others if you get them through quests.
Got a volcanic winter straight after a cold snap (seriously, like 1 day inbetween them), and was kinda irked until I got a quest like a day later asking if I would be willing to take on a heat wave for 7 days.

Now I have a comfortable 27-30 degrees with both active.

Probably wouldn't recommend stacking two of the same though.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 9, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Love when half my colony gets malaria
twice
in less than a year
in a Boreal Forest biome

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

:thunk:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Why do my colonists keep getting Malaria in a Boreal Forest biome, 4 times over 3 years now. I thought that was supposed to be more of a jungle thing.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Paramemetic posted:

Boreal Forest is basically Cold Weather Jungle. It's the bogs or swampy areas that cause the Malaria chance.

Figured that was the "Cold Bog" or whatever that wet cold biome was.

Flesh Forge posted:

This doesn't sound right to me, I don't think I've ever had malaria occur in boreal forest. Are you using a mod that alters or adds biomes, or anything related to diseases?
e: yeah I think you have a mod causing that, the vanilla boreal forest def does not list malaria as allowed:

Only mod I'm using is one that adds some variation to animal skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Googling around, it seems like it's possible to get it anywhere, though it's supposed to be rarer in colder biomes, maybe I've just been really unlucky.

Speaking of mods that affects biomes though, is there anything that changes the world or map generation?