Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

It's a flower child mod, what did you expect? The idiot, despite parading about himself over it, hasn't clue one on good design. Taking anything the fucknugget does as inherently making things infinitely worse is just going to make you right all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

In case anyone still had any hope for Ninefinger not being the irredeemable drama queen in this scenario:

:rip: modpack

It's like a Bizzaro CovertJaguar and only bit less stupid.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

This is what I run and it all works together, although I get a lot of error spam on startup. A couple of sounds won't play but that's the only persistent problem I have. Sometimes saves don't load correctly and I have to quit/reload :shrug:

Additional Joy Objects v3.21 - CuproPanda
AssignableCrafting
BrainMod v1.11 - CuproPanda
Bulk_Meals
CaveworldFlora - Rikiki
Community Core Library
Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
Core
CorePanda v13.3 - CuproPanda
DermalRegenerator-DermalRegenerator1.5 - Skullywag
DrierBorealForest - Kaballah
Dwarven Crafts v1.01 - CuproPanda
EdBColonistBar
EdBModOrder
EdBPrepareCarefully
Expanded Power v1.00 - CuproPanda
ExtendedMedicine-ExtendedMedicine1.2 - Skullywag
ExtendedSurgery-ExtendedSurgery1.1 - Skullywag
FishIndustry - Rikiki
Glass&Lights - Jacob814
HotCold_Biomes - Marvinkosh
K_Ish_MedievalArmor A13 - IshoftheWoods
K_Ish_MedievalWeapons A13 - IshoftheWoods
LessIncidentTrolling - Marvinkosh
LT_ADogSaid - Latta
LT_RedistHeat - Latta
Mad Skills
MapReroll
MedievalShields-MedievalShields1.7 - Skullywag
NaturalFloors-NaturalFloors1.1 - Skulywag
Oasis A13 - Kaballah
Pawn State Icons
Powerless! v2.20 - CuproPanda
Quarry v1.31 - CuproPanda
Rimsenal_hair
RT_Fuse-A13-1.0.0 - Rattys
Ushanka!
VeinMiner
xeva_hair
ZenGarden v1.30 - CuproPanda

Got a zip for that?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't really recommend that, for one thing I'm not totally sure I don't have some damaged files because the errors I get are really bizarre and no one else seems to have that kind of stuff going on even though they're not fatal.

Half the fun, the other half is not having to one by one the whole thing after I get home from work.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

All mods should automatically be open source and open for anyone to pick up the torch for if abandoned or learn from or forked into a slightly different direction.

:emptyquote:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ah a new expansion. Guess I will on principle never do a favorable thing for them ever, and every game's goal will be to murder via fire and bullet every single royalist worthless scum I see.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Loving to be back in the time where you just never close rimworld because a single mod update can drag endless error loops back out where you buried them. Something's really causing gui errors to be commonplace across multiple mods and its the same descriptionless one every time.

Guess I'll go back to finishing a DOOM run and come back tomorrow morning hoping for the best.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

Every time I start playing this game again I try to go in and play Vanilla, then after a lot of yearning for a QOL mods I download them, and maybe one or two cool fun ones while I look, and the next thing I know I'm starting a new colony for the hundredth time this week because I found more mods I wanted to use and now I have a monstrous amalgamation of 400 mods that makes booting the game take 45 minutes, but goddamnit this is the Rimworld I love

Here I go again starting a colony of star wars clone trooper pokemon trainers who genetically modify their pokemon to defend a nuclear reactor from whatever System Lords from Stargate do

Don't forget that one of those Stormtroopers is both a Witcher and a Blood Mage at the same time as well.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

kiss me Pikachu posted:

Also if you happen to use Dubs Bad Hygiene or another fertilization/sprinkler mod you can get regular/rich soil to some pretty absurd fertility levels for indoor greenhouses. I think Vanilla farming extended has sprinklers if you don’t want all the extra water management, either mod combos well with the wall growing lights mod since you now need to place the sprinkler in the middle of your grow house. The second mod also has low tech unpowered planter boxes with regular soil fertility.

Hygiene, vailla extended sprinklers, plowed soil, and a Druid has me seeing growth rates of 900%. I've made the ol Modded Minecraft HyperFarm Mark (integer) in Rimworl now.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

FairyNuff posted:

I love the idea that some private military group is sending kill teams after 20 dinosaurs. Also that the dinosaurs were only "implicated" in the death.

Also that the meat and leather of 20 triceratops way outweighs your reward.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TalonDemonKing posted:

If you need chicken eggs, just get GeneticRim and install oviposters on all your colonists. 2 easy eggs per day per colonist if you don't mind the pain

This is the worst goosebumps novel.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Well, they can't be addicted if they're addicdead

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Rimwololord: Stockholm Syndrome Simulator

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Omnicarus posted:

The vanilla extended mods occasionally have high cost operations for some reason, the one that most recently comes to mind for me is the power mod has several comps that loop through every object on the map that can impact performance pretty quickly on larger maps or maps with a lot of poo poo on them.

This is eloraams redpower levels of bad coding.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

FairyNuff posted:

I really wish it was easier to get your hands on mutanite from that mod. I almost never see any and I really want my pawns turning enemies into animals every fight.

Just give in and use Omni Core Drill.

E: I mean, I'm one to talk, I have 287 active mods.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 21, 2020

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Guillotines.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

4.2.j0e: Commander Weedmouse of COBRA

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Gallatross

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Katt posted:

Anyone ever had that thing where a good pawn is incapacitated near fire. Then they catch fire and they burn up completely, gear and all in seconds and you stare at the empty spot like "did that really happen?"

Cabin Fever is a rimworld movie, both the eli roth and not variants.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Install Omni Core Drill, balance is a filthy word.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Remember that originally the only options were gay and straight men, and bi and lesbian women. Everything maximised to enforce incel myth to the most ridiculous levels.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

In relation to the cries of the innocent over Depp Drillin, I say again:

StealthArcher posted:

Just give in and use Omni Core Drill.

And as for this in addition:

Katt posted:

Scaria is such bullshit. Manhunter packs used to be pure delight with plenty of furs and meat. Now they're just a chore with plenty of cleaning to do.

BUT THE RESOURCE ACCUMULATION I scream greggishly.

I refer to focus 3 of my modpack design tree.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Katt posted:

Pyromaniacs are so god-drat detrimental that they should come with massive bonuses to everything else to make them viable.

StealthArcher posted:

BUT THE RESOURCE ACCUMULATION I scream greggishly.

I refer to focus 3 of my modpack design tree.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I dont know why anyone here is surprised the beleiver of the Incel Orientation Ratio(tm) has a bad track record on his assumptions and predictions.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Neolithic>Medieval>Industrial>Spacer>Ultra>Arcoconut

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

You can do this but the colonist will complain all the time about the colony being super wealthy even though it's just him and a dead lizard he just punched to death, so you need to give him all the positive mood traits you can or he will throw fits.

If you want a good option for both this and piling on the super soldier aspect, add the witcher mod and give him the Trial of The Elders condition.

Bam ultimate hellsoldier who doesnt care if he is literally at 0 mood.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

HelloSailorSign posted:

For raids, sure, but then you're also going to be dealing with raids that aren't going to be challenging or interesting to deal with.

But you haven't lived until you've managed to drop an orbital bombardment high-yield nuclear warhead right on top of a 100+ raid.

Right on your own map, let the reinforced uranium walls do their job and breathe in the beautiful radioactive orange for years.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

silentsnack posted:

If you're being raided by a human faction that is not permanently hostile, bringing their faction relations up to 'neutral' will interrupt the raid and make them gently caress off back home, no?

Assuming that is the case then if you have transport pod launchers and excess wealth/resources you can somewhat cheese it by intentionally being an rear end in a top hat to keep several factions hostile so any given raid is more likely to be from one that will listen to the persuasive power of being gifted their former friends/family as human leather corsets and chemfuel, and if they send a particularly bad raid/siege just pacify them (then arrest visitors so they're hostile again).

If Diplomacy was made in 2020: An Essay in No Parts

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Iowa OP pls nerf

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

The nerf is that you'd have to live in Iowa.

Never been so i acquiesce.

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't even dislike Iowa, SA just pitched it right over the plate so I had to swing.

Youre welcome, anytime.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

You do get a road runningacross your map if you settle on a tile with one though.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

trying to imagine what would be going on here and I got nothin, would you mind posting some info like a screenshot of these views in Task Manager

e: I have something like a hundred mods loaded and even with a 'large' map size it's still only a little over 1GB RAM usage

Well, I don't know about him, but I don't think you're running the mods with much of a footprint.

Bonus, this is the title screen.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Tumble posted:

You're gonna have to start troubleshooting by turning off all your mods and turning them back on. Start with the ones with the largest file size.

Oh I'm not having issues, I was just commenting on how much memory Rimworld can pull at it's peak. This is, IIRC, about 381 loaded mods.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Vonka™ Fauna, Chocalopes, Eternal Toothbuster™ Shelled mountain crabs, headless dream chickens, you name it

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Love my DRM Duster

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Cant wait to see what empire mod does with it

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

A downside of having colors in the name pool for ideologies:

I dunno, if they come out venerating triangles its on point.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Coolguye posted:

mods are not a universal good thank you

Someone hasn't elated over an update to Molerat DDs

Thats probably a good thing

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Impermanent posted:

ok wow it's been a long time since I last played. Definitely before there was a world map you could travel on. You can now fire your troops in on enemy encampments using drop pods???? Hell, there even being enemy bases to raid is new. I kind of love this even without the new mod fun things.

Thats at least 5 years, so welcome back to a lot of differences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

It is a stark difference from "All men are straight or gay, all women are lesbian or technically bi but we wont say it out loud. Straight men have all their options stolen and murder people in the fallout." Tynan