Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.
"Harbinger trees" have sprouted in my colony!

"Feed them corpses and raw meat to nurture their growth"

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.

Oh no!

Oh... no?

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

His target was his original self

We'll never know what would happen, his sanguophage wife ran up and Gallagher'd his head with one swing of her plasteel warhammer

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I like that the monolith duplicates can actually come in a variety of different types of broken. I think all of the ones I've encountered so far have something wrong with them which I usually wait to diagnose before summarily executing them and throwing them what was originally supposed to be the tomb for honoured colonist dead, and still technically is, but is rapidly becoming a farce because one guy had three graves with his corpse in and he wasn't even dead yet

I think a few of them would theoretically be curable if you had the right resources or were able to diagnose the problem in time.

The very first monolith duplicate I got had rapid organ degradation, but luckily my prisoners guests were happy to make life-saving donations

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

Doomykins posted:

Or embrace an all cannibal colony and reap the rewards. (Ideology, starting scenario forced traits, character editor, dev moding, etc)

Makes me think we're missing a trait for Super Misanthropist who loves abandoning their humanity.

I avoid cooking with spooky meat because based on things like Metal Horror/The Thing events ingesting potentially contaminated meat seems to be asking for trouble.

I almost always have a Cannibalism: Acceptable meme, so big raids are really just free meat

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

ok Randy bud wanna tone it down a bit?
Toxic fallout (9 days, almost max-duration) into heat wave into unnatural darkness. I don't mind the latter 2 so much but toxic fallout is just so dull. Stick your colonists in a roofed zone and do nothing for hours of play time

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

Doltos posted:

Yeah I think from now on I'm just turning toxic fallout off now. I feel like it should only happen if you're letting waste packs rot.

There was cool friction happening with like, obelisks that needed to be suppressed while the toxic fallout was going on but like, you just change permissions on one pawn, send them out, then they come back

Now blood rain. Hell YEAH that's the poo poo I'm all about. Early on you can just shelter until it ends but when you have a big compound style base you inevitably have to trickle out your colonists to deal with big fuckoff angry beasties with melee damage multipliers.

Blood rain is really just a way better version of toxic fallout as far as how you deal

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I fear no man!

But this... thing:

It scares me.

Good news: a Diabolus and its pals are just barely chunk enough to keep it occupied for pretty much exactly one onslaught's worth of time!

e: Tried to do the above strategy with a War Queen as well and it just gets a bit too distracted by the urchins to finish the job, thankfully some other bozos showed up on my map just in time to lend a hand

Kate Lockwell fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 23, 2024

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

Jelly posted:

idk if you're serious but originally i had a wall north of the geothermal plant with a door in it which I decided to remove to see if the extra access would help and put some switches between my batteries to reduce future explosion size

yeah i know it's not ideal to have batteries next to the plant

You have a wooden door on a room that's harnessing the heat of the inside of the planet to generate electricity, that's probably why it's catching fire. Check the temperature in that room and see if that's the problem.

I highly recommend you remove the roofing from exactly one (1) tile in that room so heat can escape. I usually don't add doors to my geothermal rooms, or I leave the very center tile unroofed

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

Are there any mods that make raids more dynamic with regards to faction relationships etc?
I'd love to nearly be guaranteed a nearby colony send me help for dealing with raiders or pirates if I cultivated a great relationship with em, and for the number of raids and their size to be more dependent on my relationships with my neighbors than things I'm doing alone in my colony. I almost never play a goody-two-shoes colony that releases prisoners, I pretty much always cannibalize raiders and scrap their tainted clothing and would be interested in playing the good guys for once if it was worth my while

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Pretty sure you can call for help from nearby allies if you have a comms console.
I think they can also show up randomly to help if your relations are high enough?

Yeah you can call help but it costs goodwill, and they can show up to help but it's only a random chance.
On second thought I think the gameplay style I described isn't really suited for Rimworld. We're here to be bastard men

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Kibble has 125% nutrient efficiency AND allows you to make use of meats that your colonists won't eat normally.

Yeah this is a good way to use the insane amount of twisted meat you end up with in an Anomaly-heavy playthrough. That and chemfuel.
I have no animals so I have a "refine chemfuel from organics - do FOREVER - twisted meat/insect meat only" bill open at all times

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

edit:

haha rip

I had a much less fun version of this happen.

This is a colonist that woke up from Revenant hypnosis not even 45 seconds prior

e: is there a sadder phrase in the English language than "Gunlink (Masterwork) - Tainted"

Kate Lockwell fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 30, 2024

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

Ehh it's fine, I'll just make another masterwork Gunlink.
Now, where did my pawn with 21 Crafting go? Oh right, she just got mulched by an obelisk :negative:

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I actually just cheated with Character Editor to resurrect her, since that's just peak bullshit to lose one of my best pawns (21 crafting, 17 shooting, 17 intelligence) like that - or any pawn for that matter. But to keep at least some level of consequence I Lieutenant Dan'd her legs and gave her permanent spine damage.
:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

marumaru posted:

wow the darkness event kinda sucks.

It gets worse at tier 3