Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Kanos posted:

https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Body_Parts

When a pawn gets attacked, it first rolls on a table to determine the hit location group - upper head, full head, torso, shoulders, arms, hands, legs, and feet, with the chance of selecting a group based on roughly the size of that part compared to the whole body. When it picks a location, it then rolls what part of that location to hit. So if a pawn gets shot with a sniper rifle and the hit location rolls hand, you can either get the entire hand blown off or it can indeed roll to rip off one of the fingers only. If the attack hits a part which is already gone, it rerolls the hit location in the same group. If the group is gone, it migrates to the nearest group with something intact(so hand -> arm, arm -> torso, etc).

Because bionic limbs reduce the amount of overall body parts, this means that anything that would hit "hand", "arm", or "shoulder" groups just hits the arm. Bionics are more robust than normal parts, but the combination of all hand/arm/shoulder hits targeting the same body part added together with no pain/no bleeding from bionic part damage means that multiple attacks hitting the singular bionic limb can add up in a way that might not happen with the fleshy part still intact. The no pain/no bleeding can actually work against you sometimes, because the AI will typically ignore downed pawns so a pawn going down renders them temporarily safe, whereas a chromed pawn will generally not go down until they take significant hits to the torso or head, which tend to be significantly more fatal than limb hits.

Chrome is absolutely worth it for numerous reasons both in and out of combat, but there is absolutely some very niche combat value in having your fleshy digits.

Okay, so just let me put flesh fingers on a robot arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Can you cure asthma with a bio pod? It's technically age related but it can happen at any age I think? So I dunno if I can fix it.

I just do lung transplants, its easier.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

This post is more offensive than that dude transplanting thrumbo dicks onto people

Fine, you can fill the 4 empty squares with thrumbo dicks, it’s fine.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

It’s a good day when your 3 year old is OD’ing on yayo.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

death cob for cutie posted:

hey can we talk about your, uh, bone plumbing

Hey, you’re not your mom, back off.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Is tubal ligation reversible? I forgot I did it before I did the archonexus stuff and she has good genes.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I’m away from my computer but I’m pretty sure it’s like menopause where you can’t harvest eggs.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Mindless posted:

15 hell, Revolvers for Toddlers. Send em after the rats and squirrels and train em up quick.

I had a group of refugees turn on me when they were alone with all my kids in the classroom/dining room/temple. Luckily I gave all my kids leftover machine guns, and the refugees had fists. It was very educational for my kids.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

They're actually Auntie Grain's Warheads, with an explosion of flavor in every spoonfull.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

obvious yes, they have a society and are people. Sophonts are people. Eating people of any kind is cannibalism. If parrots, octopus, or whales were found to be sophonts they should be given equal rights under the law.

Cannibalism is only eating an exact copy of myself.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Quest: Take car of this prisoner for 7 days (prisoner has a lethal disease that will kill it in 5 days)

Doin that disney land strat of not letting them die on their land

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

need to make some child sized cataphract armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Danaru posted:

Theoretically I think you could also remove their facial features (eyes, nose, etc) and hope the colonist finds them ugly enough to hate but that's a bit drastic

This is the mermaid bone engine level thinking that makes me love rimworld