Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
You say that until you build your turret gauntlet of death.

My last build, I ended up taking a page from DF and TD games and having a doorless zigzagging path into my base with turrets and sandbags on either end plus powered doors as a shortcut for my colonists. It seems to work super well except for the mortars, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Can you post the seed/location? Maybe the map size, too, I'm not sure if that is required.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I've taken to hunting with turrets if they are near enough, especially boomrats. My colonists always seem to use the butts of their rifle to send them off with a bang.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Drone_Fragger posted:

What's the best way to make cash money? Selling guns seems to work well but obviously you're relying on raisers carrying guns you'd want to sell like pistols or lee enfields. I tried to buy low se high but no one seems to buy anything that anyone else is selling, unless I got some bullshit unlucky trader spawns or something.

The only way I've found is selling masses of wood and potatoes to ships, and to a lesser extent metal if I have extra.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Is there something specific to do to get colonists to cremate bodies? I've got one up and powered with an infinite bill for cremation. Just that colonists have to get around to it?

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Stele007 posted:

I do find myself wishing I could go up and down Z levels then dig for precious minerals, but that'd probably set this game so far back it's best not to think about it.

It's sort of a natural progression, since you can start building skyscrapers, sniper towers, execution cliffs, pungee traps... so exciting. DF was one-story for a long time, I bet Rimworld will get there too.

Felime posted:

I think you can add in another 3 with no problem. Less elegant and a bit worse to path around, but:

the extra walking would pretty much be eliminated if you cut out the top left addition, though.

Per this Reddit post, you can squeeze 18 hydroponics per sunlamp, albeit inelegantly. Note you need the corner pillars or you'll get cave-ins.

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I keep getting hit with human waves of tribals. My most abundant food right now is human, which neatly solves the corpse problem but is problematic from a mood standpoint.