Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
For those that haven't delved into the modding scene just yet I suggest you mosey over to the Rimworld forums and go nuts, I must have about 20 installed at the moment and it adds a ton to the game.

Mods are being released and updated to alpha 5 every day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Just thought I'd drop a few pics in from some of my recent forts. This is a fun game with much fun to be had and enjoyment, all the mods I am using can be found here. *Edit - You need to make a forums account to get some mods that are released as forums attachments.

A peaceful fledgling colony

A short time later

Urban Combat

Probably should have destroyed that Buzz-Ant nest

The dangers of taking in the homeless

Modlist

Abongination fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 18, 2014

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug

Drink Cheerwine posted:

register on the forums and go hog wild with mods

I'll save em the trouble.

Had a bit of spare time and want to encourage people to play this awesome game. Here's some of the best mods I've found so far for Alpha 5 and nice and bundled up for ya.

Just extract all the folders to your Rimworld/Mods folder, dont replace your original core or do, don't think it really matters. Then launch the game and activate/deactivate mods from the main menu under mods. Don't worry if it gives you some random errors, just force hide that poo poo and you're ready to go.

Link: Mods.Rar on Dropbox

Included Mods-

•AlphaMuffalo 1.2 - Adds Alpha Male versions of the cow like Muffala.

•AtomicPower - Adds the ability to build Atomic Reactors but they can cause radiation and damage themselves.

•BASE - >>IMPORTANT!!!<< Activate this mod first from the in game menu then restart the game and activate the rest all together.

•BASE MAPGENPAC ^Same as above.

•BetterPower+ - Adds some sweet power options.

•BlastingCharges - Adds charges to blow holes in rock/enemies.

•Boars Mod - Sweet boars.

•Burn Clothing - Burn last seasons fashion.

•Clutter - Bunch of decorative desks and cabinets and poo poo.

•Colonist Creation Mod - Lets you alter/name your starting characters and the amount of them up to 5 (can save loadouts).

•CORE - A default game folder, don't know why I put this in there. Use your own one.

•Embrasures - Awesome mod, gives you the option to build metal or stone embrasures you can shoot through.

•Glassworks - All kinds of pretty glass stuff.

•Jaxxa_Shields - Power hungry shields!.

•Lancer's Mods Bundle - Few things, Antelope type creatures, dustrats, sniper turrets, smaller turret explosions, carbon dioxide generator and tribal slaves and slavers.

•MachineGunNests - Manned machines nests, not that great.

•MechanicalDefense - Better turrets.

•Meteorite - Self Explanatory.

•Miscellaneous_w_MAI_-_HiRes - Pretty cool, adds the ability to build a AI's called MAI that have 200 health and won't have emotion problems, takes a while to research all the upgrades.

•Modular Tables - Self Explanatory.

•ModularSolars1.4 - Modular solar panels.

•Mushrooms - Self Explanatory.

•No Boomrats - No.more.loving.boom.rats.

•OmniGel - Can be grown and turned into all kinds of poo poo.

•ProjectArmory211 - A huge amount of new guns, Sperg excel list of DPS and stuff. - Check this out.

•ProjectArmoryEquiptmentRack - Makes all guns set to off on the equipment rack by default so you dont have to turn em all off manually (there's a shitton).

•Quarry - Lets you create Mineral nodes so you wont run out of metal/stone/silver/uranium etc. One of the best mods.

•Rimrats - loving annoying, don't know why I included them. Eat electrical poo poo at random times.

•Rimzard - Lizard.

•Stackable Meals- Lets you stack 5 meals at a time, super useful.

•TargetPractise - Target for your chumps to boost their shooting on.

•T Bundle -
Crops.
Cotton.
CottonCarpets.
MoreFloors - Better everything, install all of the T Bundle for sure.

•TrapPack - Traps.

•TTMCustomEventsA5 - Custom events, some of them are kind of iffy and the creator had some trouble with english. Luckily this game is super easy to edit! See editing rimworld below.

•Workplaces - Adds workplaces to pull apart and build guns, can't build anything really that good though.
•Workplaces_PA_Extension

•ZZComp - Some other thing?.
•ZZcompTrade - ^ See above.

While I'm at it :

Editing Rimworld-

Rimworld is also super easy to edit in notepad to be precisely how you want to play it. For example I've edited the negative mood value of seeing a corpse to 0 in my megafort as it's surrounded by the corpses of my enemies and I just dont have time in between assualts to clean it up, my dudes were going crazy.

One thing I recommend everyone does even without mods is go to RimWorld\Mods\Core\Defs\ThoughtDefs\Thoughts_PsychicDrone and set all the "baseMoodEffectvalues" to 0.

The creator of the game suggested this as the drones are brutal on colonist mental health.

Abongination fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 1, 2014