Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Spaseman posted:

I keep getting a message about a thief stealing things. Does anyone know what this is related to and how to stop it?

That's from either the Psychology mod or its required other mod. Not sure of the exact mechanics but there's basically an invisible pawn that moves to whatever they're stealing then makes for a map edge. Your colonists can catch them, at which point they become visible and go hostile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
As entertaining as Dejawesp's posts are (and dear god are they)...

I kind of want to see them run a Dwarf Fortress.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Dejawesp posted:

What really? I thought it just happened when they died.

Slaughtering, not butchering.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Meals cooked with boomalope/rat meat should have a minuscule chance of blowing the eater's head off when eaten. :unsmigghh:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Zoe posted:

I'm new at this and I have an emergency situation involving a dead yorkshire terrier. If I have it hauled off to the dump or cooked into meals will it give bad thoughts? I couldn't find any way to bury or otherwise dispose of it and this colony is doomed if the owner snaps.

I"m not really sure how it managed to starve to death, either. The wiki seems to imply pets will feed themselves, and there's been raw meat in the stockpile pretty frequently. On my last game they started with a warg, and it hunted on its own.

You should be able to bury it in a grave, they have storage settings like stockpiles, and animal corpses are defaulted to disallowed.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Ugh, one of my mods is causing my pawns to randomly just stand around (action: Standing) and not work unless I physically draft them or force them to focus on something. I've got too many mods to bother going through and testing each, especially because it can take up to like an hour of play before it happens. :sigh:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Shot in the dark, are you using the Cthulhu mod and used Treasures from the Deep? Chests can only be opened from the right side and sometimes they can spawn next to a wall. Pawns will keep trying to open it, but can't path to the spot, so they just stand there.

If not it could be something similar. Try activating/deactivating certain jobs and see what makes them move again

Hmm, it's hauling that's causing it. No treasure chests though.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Jose posted:

Thanks.

I've got tons of chickens i've set up to have slaughtered because they're destroying my food supplies/starving but how do i prioritize it without manually doing it for every chicken

I think that's under the Handling job? So, whoever your animal person is, make Handling their highest priority.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is there a way to stop my colonists from eating all my pemmican when I have precooked meals in the freezer? I'm trying to save it for traveling.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887716138

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

That Works posted:

If I trained up an army of boars to do hauling for me, whats the best way to allow them access all over, but ensure that they aren't getting into the human food. I have an animal pen for my wool producing stock and have a drop point there for hay etc, but if I pen the boars up there with them they don't get to do any work.

Alternatively

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Only downside is that you burn up all their free stuff.

Keeps colony wealth down! :v:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

The Deadly Hume posted:

Since we're now at the point where we can go shopping for mods again. there was one thing that bugged me during the A18 (well, now B18) testing phase that I decided I'd like a mod for, and that is being able to produce your own neutroamine in some way. It doesn't have to be easy (having it fairly late in the research tree would be fine), just possible.

In a similar vein I guess would be the ability to fabricate components although that might be a little too game-breaking.

You can make components in the base game.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

HelloSailorSign posted:

Is it just me or has Psychology not been brought into B18?

According to steam comments there are some issues with B18 that make it not a simple update. The author plans to do it, but there's gonna be a delay.

Speaking of mods, I wish there was one with a middle ground between "either reroll until you get a colonist group that has acceptable skills or accept that your group of people who are old, won't haul, and have poo poo skills" and Prepare Carefully's "everyone has exactly the skills you want, no disabled work types, and no bad traits/injuries". Yeah, I could just use Prepare Carefully and do slight tweaks, but given the option I'm probably gonna overbuff my starters, and while it can be fun to do "Lone Explorer but with bionics out the rear end and killer skills", not every time, and I've got poor self-control.

A system wherin starting colonists have a point pool that is randomly drawn from, where skill levels, passions, and positive traits cost points, while things like negative traits, disabled work types, old injuries, and being old refund points would probably be my ideal. Still gives the opportunity for a lot of randomness, but makes it less likely that you either have completely useless starting colonists, or that you have to reroll through 50 colonists to get a set that have reasonable skill levels/passions.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

ShadowHawk posted:

What's wrong with Prepare Carefully's points mode? Are certain traits too cheap?

I... forgot that was even a thing :v: Does randoming with that on use up all of the points?

E: tested it, and no, it doesn't pay any attention to the limit whatsoever, randomly going over/under budget. Suppose that's a decent solution anyway, but I'd like to still roll with random colonists, just with a bit more sanity for what the game wants to give me. Also, according to Prepare Carefully's mod page, traits just don't cost anything, because it's all based on what the pawn's market value would be, which traits don't factor into. Neither do passions, but the creator added in costs for those.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 22, 2017

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Flesh Forge posted:

Tbh I wish the mod author hadn't given them 50% enrage on tame attempts or I totally would try.
e: That's a herd migration if it wasn't obvious

See, that's when I would save and set one off for science.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Flesh Forge posted:

:siren: POLAR BEARS HAVE BREACHED THE NORTHERN WALL :siren:

:allears: You should really do video LPs

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
I just want to be a pawn (Lprsti99 for the nickname) that has mental breaks at the drop of a hat. I don't remember what the most effective combo would be, but something like Depressive/Neurotic or whatever, good at animal training and shooting.

Note this is only because Keeshhound already laid claim to The Worst Pawn.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 27, 2018

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Coolguye posted:

big fan of this one. very high risk/high reward.

I actually really like the change to construction/cooking/growing. I'm gonna get pampered in a bunch of bases, I'll bet.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

BitBasher posted:

No no no. It's not an improved dong, it's an improvised dong. That means someone went "Hmmm, that kind of looks like maybe a dong, Let's cut mine off and slap that on" and improvised the parts from that they had around. Buying an awesome cyberdong is a totally different thing.

I mean, in Rimworld it means someone else went "Hmmm, that kind of looks like maybe a dong, let's cut this prisoner's dick off and slap that on".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
I wish areas were more granular than just "never set foot outside your assigned zone". Like, a zone that just says "everything that respects zones, don't go here unless you have a job to do, and once you finish it, gtfo, and no, Larry, walking an extra ten tiles to go around the clean room will not ruin your whole day". PathAvoid works for the second part, but does nothing to stop my cold-susceptible animals from taking a nap in the deep freezer.