Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Pretty new to rimworld, is there some kind of functionality or mod that lets me build stuff out of whatever stone bricks I have handy? For example if I have a mismatch of a lot of different types of brick and I want to build something large I'd rather not have to individually drag out sections until I run out of material, just say something like "any stone is fine". Is there something for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
What's a good way of keeping my animals fed? I keep a big plot of haygrass in the pen along with some shelves of extra but they invariably start starving during winter...

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Is using kibble more efficient than just feeding them the haygrass directly, or does it just allow mixing meat into it? I should probably have a standing order for kibble anyway...

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Thanks all on the advice re: animals. I think the big issues were underestimating scale and letting the animals eat it while it was growing. I'll swap out the haygrass for dandelions, make a huge plot of haygrass that I keep harvested, and put a stock of kibble/haygrass by the pen for feeding them during winter.

Do they eat directly from stocks/shelves or do handlers come up and feed them?