Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
Does anyone know if I can set research from a different mod as a researchPrerequisite? Also if I make a change to an unresearched techs researchPrerequisite, do I need to start a new colony to get the change to take effect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hagop
May 14, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Another small mod: Power and Light.

Adds a radiothermal generator, generates 1000 power, costs 2000 metal and 250 uranium, can be built anywhere, has lots of HP and is fireproof. Costly and will add a lot to your colony wealth, but invaluable for bunkering down into a mountain if you haven't got geothermals handy.

Also adds wall mounted lights, metal ones are identical to metal walls but they emit a small amount of light, and draw only 50 power, they're very efficient for lighting small rooms and long corridors, as well as for lighting areas without giving cover to enemies.

The stone version does not conduct electricity, but instead connects to nearby grids, this means you can run a power cable behind a thick stone wall and still light the outside. Very useful for lit entryways into bases and looks pretty outside.

Better powers roof drills are the best for moving full time into the mountain home. Like 80 metal and bam 5x5 sky where ever you need it.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Is their a way to see your kingdom worth in this game? As I can't get a feel for how this game balances at all. I'll be plodding a long just handling the 6 mem armed with rocks and arrows raids it throws at me. Then suddenly with very little change in my base I'll eat a raid of 18 space pirates armed to the teeth.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Ok I give up, where are the text string for incidents kept, and where the hell do you create if/and statements in those files.

Get a C# decomplier and decomplie some mods. Do one of the big ones and you will get all sample code you need.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

In general, sounding ungrateful when someone goes out of their way to help you is a bit of a faux pas

Still through, :10bux: because a guy rated someones advice "0/5 would not listen to again"?

Hagop
May 14, 2012

So I am running alpha 10 with Inacio's mod pack and my roofs don't seem to auto generate over anything but the walls them self. Is a mod thing, a known bug, or am I just missing something?

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Inacio posted:

That's really weird, can you show a picture (and make sure its not a no-roof zone)?

They work fine for me

If I add a no roof zone and then remove it this is the roof that pops back up.

Under the roofed sections are wood walls.

Before and after the no roof zoning/unzoning, the area counts as outside(rain, mood, can't be set as prison). This happens for any building I make, and starting a new colony doesn't help.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Tommofork posted:

Did you generate a new world after installing the modpack? I vaguely remember something about the fast floors mod doing that.
That seem to have been the problem.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

You need infinite z levels that way you can make giant plasteel dick fortresses, with which to intimidate and murder your foes.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Scratch that, I'd want a way to accelerate my enemies at relativistic speeds towards my enemies. No need for explosives or walls, the impact kills them dead just as spectacularly.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Millennial Sexlord posted:

If I am in an environment that hits -40 F at night and rarely rises above 11 F during daytime, would putting coolers in my walls in reverse end up being a more power efficient way to heat my interior? From what I understand, they remove heat from the blue side and expel it out the red side. Would the cold temp outside end up doing nothing for me? Trying to keep my place heated with heaters is incredibly power hungry.

So I have been playing with this mod for a while, the internet has told me these things about heating and they seem to be working.

Always make your heated room walls out of aluminum, as it will give you the highest hp walls your can get with out a lucky uranium strike, and apparently how well walls insulate has to do with their hp value.

Your walls from outside to inside should be double wall, air gap, single wall. I have found no information on the effects of heating and/or pressurizing the air gap.

Always minimize the number of blocks in your heated rooms that touch the outside.

Air lock heated rooms from unheated rooms even if both sides are pressurized.

The RTG seems to generate a good amount of heat so set it up indoors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Need gyrojet machine guns to really work.

I feel like one of the lots of guns mods adds them.