Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
I just rolled an empath with the psycopath trait 'this person has no empathy'
ooooooookay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Huszsersvn posted:

-Using mortars to hunt deer destroys both the ecology and the deer. Better to send hunters.

Pro thread title right there

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

So, in my first game in the new build my map had a finished house full of cryptopods. I claimed it for my first cottage, but I can't open or remove them which is really cramping my bedroom complex style. Any ideas on how to deal with them? Claiming them didnt work

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Dunno-Lars posted:

Can you draft someone and then click on it with them? I get the option to open them then. One pod was full of giant scarabs that killed all 5 of my colonists...

Ah, ok I'll try that. There's only like three pistols and enfield to go around in my colony and about 30 pods so I guess their time is coming. I didn't have enough food for winter anyway :/

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Nuclear War posted:

Ah, ok I'll try that. There's only like three pistols and enfield to go around in my colony and about 30 pods so I guess their time is coming. I didn't have enough food for winter anyway :/

Turns out i built my base around 8 pods full of scarabs and angry dudes in power armor sleeping side by side, and they all opened when i clicked one. Time for a new base!

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

I'm having the weirdest problem. Every time i download and install the game, ever since the last main version, i get a texture fault with the Muffalo graphics, so they show up only as red squares. No mods, no nothing, and its persisted through versions

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

I just spend ten minutes randomizing a decent starting team. Landed in a perfect location, and found a complete building to open up and use for a first base. Inside were two centipedes.

Duration of game: 45 seconds

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Is there a wheelbarrow mod yet?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

I'm definately trying that later! Could you explain how it works though? The guy wasn't really clear. Do they automatically push the cart around and use it without input?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

I've done some poo poo I'm not proud of when it comes to prisoners.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Alaan posted:

I did end up having a fourth join me randomly though.

Did you eat him? And make his skin into a parka? If no you are playing suboptimally

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Try buying him dinner

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

So what percentage of the population does Tynan think are pyromaniacs? In my colony of 10 there's three right now

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

Yeah with melee you shouldn't be charging over open ground. Create an enclosed space that the badguys need to enter and have your melee fighters waiting there. A couple good melee weapons will utterly wreck ranged users who have naught but fists.

Put two scyther blades on someone with decent melee stats, and have him ambush from behind a corner/hold a door when they break through and he'll easily kill heaps of people with one or two attacks each

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Just had an amazing start with the rich explorer. Found a literally perfect place to hole up and start getting rich....and then he got malaria and died. No matter how far back i went on the autosaves he would always get malaria at that same point. Weird as poo poo, and it really makes me miss a mod or ingame support for self-medicating as a last resort

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Do the sterile tiles actually help prevent infection, or do they just look pretty?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

ok, one more: Whats the difference between an impressive bedroom and a beautiful one? I can have rooms that read as very beautiful but only a little beautiful

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Tighran posted:

Maybe I'm playing this wrong, but I'm on my first colony and fumbling through things, but it's taking a long time. I'm playing on the peaceful setting and the calm story person. Thus far I've had one attack by a single person which I fended off and ended up recruiting after they were injured (and are probably my most useful person) and also a single mental patient arrive (to go with the one I already had). I've got some farms up, and have been messing around with power production but research takes forever so I'm not seeing any cool advanced stuff, I'm not having any traders show up, and I'm not getting any incoming people. Should I be playing on a harder setting, or maybe I just got some crappy starting people? Alternately are there any good starting guides for getting a first settlement up and going?

Also I've got a sun-lamp out by my crops to help stuff grow but it keeps shorting out in the rain and starting fires. Is there any way I can build a roof over it or something to protect it from the rain? Thus far roofs have just been built automatically and any place dug out from mountains just has rock, be it thick or thin, overhead which I don't seem to be able to change due to the game just being on one plane unlike some others like DF, Gnomoria, and Stonehearth.

The game seems cool overall, I've had some weird things happen (like a swarm of yorkie puppies or a wall emanating an evil aura) but I seem to be having trouble getting things off the ground.

You should open up the wall with the aura.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Finally getting to play this for the first time in 7 months. Could someone post the best quality of life mods? I'd be grateful for the time saved

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Anyone know how to make painting supplies in the more joy items mod?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Doesn't it need glitter meds?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

GodspeedSphere posted:

This was it. Is there someplace where I could've seen that myself or is it just something you knew?

I think it says in the bill somewhere when you set it up.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Speaking of the cult mod is there a list of what the gods do anywhere? Googling just turns up weird discussions about whether it's better to sacrifice wounded pawns or heal and feed them until they're ready for slaughter

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Or don't build turrets. I had a run like that lately and it was pretty fun. Shitloads of running battles between my snipers and hordes of dudes while drawing them into my shotgunners and melee dudes jumping out from side streets and doorways in my town

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

This is the third strange sinkhole right smack in the middle of my rich soil corn crop. Starting to think Cthonians live by consuming innocent corn plants and the whole vicious murder machine that tears at your soul while breaking your sanity is some kind of side effect.

How long does a larva take to mature?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

What's the dropship mod called I can't find it

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Ah its not on the workshop. That explains it. Thanks

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

So, I've captured the leader of the Pirate faction. Is there anything I can do with him? I mean, other than harvest his organs and nose and ears, replace his arms and legs with wooden sticks and get him high on luciferium before sending him home?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Don't live in the past guys. Get some robots and never have to haul anything yourself ever again OR deal with smelly animals in your glittertech cave

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Some wooden deadfall traps to soften them up a little bit and then several mace hits to the face and dick

e: ironically, Harvey is a noncombatant

I don't think that means what you think it means

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

I'm failing to find one that at the very least slows skill decay. Annoying as poo poo

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Any recommended faction mods?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Rincewinds posted:

For us averse to torture, its still kinda iffy that the only way to really prevent prison breaks is to give every prisoner peg legs then remove the peg legs.

Eh. They get anesthetized!

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

There's a mod for that.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=836308268&searchtext=bathroom

Pretty neat one too, you can make swank as gently caress bathrooms to keep people happy. Turns out pooping on the golden throne is an experience.

Why do you think the Emperor has never bothered getting up

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Are there any mods that make just surviving harder? I tend to be able to have my temp and food supplies fixed after a year or so and then it's just about funneking raids into killboxes

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Warmachine posted:

"And this is the magazine?"

"No, the stable."

"Stable?"

A gout of flame shoots through the roof.

Modelled on the Ank Morporkian Dragon pens

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Surely corpses are included in 'omni'?
Also, I was sure I had had my piggies gobble up the corpses in my freezer. I must have imagined it.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Oh god. I haven't played since B....18? And now I can't find literally any mods that work.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

McGiggins posted:

Enable the version number restriction in the steam workshop

which version number is the unstable beta though? I thought it would be 1, but that didn't work. Sorry for the stupid question but anything more complicated than 'press button.' confuses me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Anyone know of a mod interaction that would mess up the ability to draft and fight for my colonists AND animals? I don't get any error messages on loading but they all just stand next to eaxhother and nothing happens. Oh, and all stats except shooting are hidden but this may be a feature?