Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

How do I make sure my place is nice and tidy because it really doesn't seem like anyone cares to clean but they ALL get very upset that it's not clean.

Like, "I am going to punch my neighbor because my room is dusty" upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dude getting out of 2,000 year old sleep:

*throws up everywhere*

*sees his friends dead and a psycho in marine armor is shooting the survivors with a shotgun*

*runs towards group of people shooting the psycho, notices one of the people, a caveman, is his son somehow (??)*

*throws up everywhere*

*hits on the married woman while they're looting their buddies' caskets/corpses*

*gets rejected, throws a tantrum*

*throws up everywhere*

Later, he gets healed up and joins the community. However nobody cleaned up his vomit and blood in his bedroom. This injustice pushed him over the edge and he gives up and leaves the community. His son the caveman is tasked with arresting him, and he decides to fight back with the knife he was holding.

Son the caveman and dad the spaceman, locked in a knife fight. Caveman son wins, but collapses on his way back to the base, and bleeds out before he could get back into bed.

Here lies Bowman, done in by his idiot caveman son. In the short time he was with my community, he touched everyone's lives. Whether it be by propositioning the married woman in front of the husband or going into an indiscriminate insult rampage after going through withdrawals.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

This first year was great. I ran out of wood but I have all these meals stashed in my freezer and even have a hospital set up!

*heat wave*

No problem, I have my A/Cs set up so--

*solar flare*

Well, all my meat is spoiled and most of my dudes are in heat stroke but I managed to deconstruct a bunch of apartments and make some passive coolers for the hospital--

*raid*

gently caress man. Randy is a generous and a cruel god.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm imagining it all starting normally, and the two colonies diverging. One into a utopia and the other a crack wake-up den.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Vengarr posted:

Just having the ability to retire a settlement and return to it would be great.

I'm surprised there aren't interesting victory conditions that involve conquering or something. Seems like it would be very nice to have some sort of "great evil" victory condition, or a research objective or something.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

So what do I do about animals just waltzing into my place causing problems? I lost 3 yorkie puppies to a hungry grizzly bear who just walks right in and kills them. So I made a little stable thing where I keep all the kibble and put all the animal resting spots in there, but they wake up and go everywhere, including outside my walls where they get killed/eaten.

I also had about 30 wild rats take up residence in my larder. By the time I noticed they were in there, it took like 3 days to kill them all with 3 hunters.

You'd think wild animals couldn't figure out doors but whatever.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Food poisoning is a KILLER. They won't die from it, no, but they WILL move so slowly that any appreciable distance takes like a full day. And the vomit will only cause problems.

Clean your kitchen, guys.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Rimworld: Strip the wild man, tame the wild man.

What am I supposed to do about prisoners with like 90 recruitment difficulty, etc.? Just let them go? Kill them? Let them die from starvation?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Flesh Forge posted:

90 difficulty isn't really bad or abnormal.

But I can only reduce it by, like, 1.5 a day. So I'm expected to take care of this nerd for, what, a full year before he joins? Sheesh.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Rimworld: 2 days old and dying of chronic alcoholism

One time my Yorkshire Terrier had puppies and one of them got into the alcohol stores and drank a bunch of beer and developed alcoholism. I later sold the literal booze hound for like 90 silver but it was very sad to see the little lush go.

Wish there was a way to get rid of addictions. I can replace a spine but I can't fix an addiction.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Keeshhound posted:

Addictions are resolved by denying the addicted entity their vice until the withdrawal runs it's course.

I thought the % next to the addiction was "they will die at 100%" poo poo.

Rimworld: Literal Booze Hounds ITT

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wrr posted:

I honestly barely get any raids and its kinda a bummer. I wanna throw dudes into the meat grinder.

Start your colony near bad boys. If you want to experience basically constant combat be between three bad boy settlements.

Speaking of, does it matter what direction your enemies come from based on the direction of their settlement? Because it's loving obnoxious having to basically make a mega fort to have an semblance of consistent, reliable defense.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Honestly, that list is great. Arguably you might not want the forced slowdown mod, but.

If you're super serious about keeping things vanilla then of all those mods RimHUD and medical tabs should 100% be in the base game for sure.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Keeshhound posted:

No Forced Slowdown just stops the game from preventing you adjusting speed after an alert; by default it still drops the game back to normal speed when poo poo happens, you can just immediately go back to 3x instead of having to wait 20s.

I take it back, this is important and cool and good and everyone should use it.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

How am I supposed to set up my defense in a plain? 4 identical chokepoints with a big rear end wall? A big rear end wall with only one opening?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nosfereefer posted:

Sending out a two-man caravan to restock components, and my best pawn gets malaria and dies on the journey.

Being component-starved is so annoying I typically beeline to the fabrication table research now. So annoying having your progress be completely blocked by not having components.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Plague Goat reminded me of that time I sold a boomrat seconds before a bunch of my other boomrats came down with the flu. Did the sold-off boomrat(s) have the flu? Are they gonna burn their new home down? It's like schrodinger's cat.

If anyone was thinking of doing what I did, I tried to make a secondary defense room with a bunch of boomrats and boom-alopes (but those are harder to gently caress with). When/if a big raid gets through my trap-hallways, they then have to contend with their own urge to kill my farm animals, which explode when they die. It really didn't work like I thought it would, and it wasn't worth it.

jokes fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 5, 2018

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

FreshFeesh posted:

My primary researcher is already at Intellectual 20 so there's no real need for another. I do like the cryosleep idea though, if for no other reason than to avoid the -3 banishment debuff on everyone else.

Don't they get cryosleep sickness when they wake up? Or just keep him on a research bench forever.

Anyways, that dude is clearly a "send out on suicide missions" candidate. It's kind of cool and fun to send a guy like that off to a major base with an incinerator and see what kind of damage he can cause. Sometimes, especially when fighting tribals who use wood walls, you can light everything on an un-quenchable fire that ends up killing the bulk of the enemies while they patrol.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

McGiggins posted:

I don't perform warcrimes. I kill all the people with red names who are trying to kill me. The red names hurt my colonists. The red names have bits that can fix my colonists.

This is simply them paying for the harm they have caused. Restitution. Quite literally making my colonists whole under the frontier law. Sometimes I even let them go with enough parts to theoretically survive.

Same, I commit warcrimes constantly.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm picturing two goons competitively trying to control a single pawn to either extinguish a fire or finish laying bricks in the shape of a penis.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just imagine goons are constantly caught between computer fires and creating digital penises, whether within RimWorld or otherwise.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Heartcatch posted:

It hasn't. Like most goons we are stalled in development.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Keeshhound posted:

So this dropped literally just this morning, I guess you weren't the only one interested.

Oh me oh my.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I don't have much clothing. I just set my workshop to maintain a supply of 2 of each type of clothes I use in my normal uniform (set to only build them if there's no clothes >80% out there) and have the basic uniform require 60%+ condition with a dump pile of clothes for all clothes <60% or tainted somewhere else. They all end up happily clothed in usually matching clothes at high quality.

LOTS of poo poo ends up dumped in a swamp or whatever. Let mother earth reclaim that which man had stolen for his works.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What am I supposed to be doing with geothermal plants? Will people attack them? Should I have a vent because it'll get too hot?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The most precious treasure are the yorkies. When my yorkie had a litter (in the game) I built them a very high quality living area. The puppies never wanted for anything, but unfortunately they had a predilection for alcohol. By the time they turned 1, a good third of the litter had gone right down the bottle. And the mother just watched.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Vengarr posted:

Try starting with the Crashlanding mod. Those first 10 minutes are extremely lit.

Literally.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Warmachine posted:

There are absolutely mods that up the number of raids, but my experience with Randy is that he is just saving up for a big one. Prepare your butthole.

Yeah Randy is the best for making you feel safe and secure and also shattering that safety/security and also making you feel safe and secure again and again and again.

I found out that people mostly/only build mountain homes. I'd like to know the proper way to build in a plain outside. I want to build a wall with 1-3 chokepoints laden with traps and junk but don't know what the pathfinding rules are.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I forgot the medieval mod was installed (no limits) but then i got raided by about 30 medieval mooks, most of which with heavy armor, shield belts, and strong weapons. I quite enjoyed using space age technology against capable knights, etc. that could definitely gently caress me up if they got through my defenses.

Then I got like a 20-day toxic fallout event which is really, really not fun. Not even interesting just tedious and lovely and hope you stashed a fuckload of wood because all the trees are gone.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Bionics rule. I'm turning depressive cripples into machine men with machine hearts and, more importantly, machine trigger fingers.

Do bionics help with combat at all? I don't know if 'efficiency' helps with shootin and stabbin.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I need to get more doomsday rocket launchers.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Pyromaniacs are always the worst. I had a pyromaniac who keeps going on loving fire sprees at night. Is there no way to modify pawn's traits?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Warmachine posted:

Not pictured: another screen full of bugs.

That is a lot of bugs and a lot of pawns. How do you manage THAT many pawns?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I need marble. How to get a shitload of marble for my mega works?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I have some pretty hefty raids on my settlement, would a secondary quarrying option not also get hit by super armies?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Interesting. Is it like 90% wealth/ 10% time or 60/40. I ask because I have limited military strength because Randy is stingy with qualified soldiers this time around so I mostly have had to rely on traps thus far.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

There a good way to go slavin'? Something that just knocks out a bunch of strangers for easy capture?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I got a tillable soil mod and it's really great. Y'all are gonna be happy pretending humanity never figured out a better way to farm poo poo than just putting a seed in the ground and coming back after a couple weeks/months? Please.

If anything tillable soil should be in the base game with a minor wood cost.

Anyways I got a shitload of wooden clubs and bashed up all over a little bandit camp with a doctor joining the raiding group. All but one of them got captured. Neat!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Maybe start loving with fire, IEDs, etc. I would imagine charge lances are good for high armor but More Guns and More Bombs and More Traps seems to work well for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

sharkbomb posted:

My best pawn has had 3x rejected proposals over the past 15 days, giving him a -45 debuff that's not going to start expiring for another 18 days. Anyone have ever this poo poo before? Luckily, he has the 'sanguine' trait but even with that he is constantly about to have a major break. I've got him snorting yayo and smoking weed constantly. Any tips?

edit: oh good, they just broke up so this mood debuff will stop stacking infinitely.

- was i able to get those married women i proposed to say yes? hmm let me think

* Weighed more than my carrying capacity
* Only traits are "ugly" three times (long story)
* Wore a bath robe to war every day
* Had the word "homo" instead of a mouth