Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I just started playing this game and I think it’s going to create problems in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Three Scythers just showed up to my woefully underprepared colony (in the middle of an extreme heat wave no less). This is my first time dealing with mechanoids and I thought having a few EMP grenades would be enough but apparently all they do is very briefly stun them.

At my disposal I have: stick bombs, molotovs, the starter rifle, a shotgun, EMP grenades, frag grenades, and a random collection of melee weapons. It seems like nothing really puts a dent in them. I'm running Combat Extended. How can I kill these assholes?

I think I should have researched Machining earlier.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I think the ease at which I was handling tribal raiders really made me overconfident in my defenses.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Are there any cool Youtube videos for this game? I want to see what a more advanced base looks like but it seems like everyone who has recorded themselves playing this game is completely insufferable.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

These are good recommendations thank you

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sounds pretty realistic to me.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

How do you guys keep your top negotiator from putting on gas masks and random pawns from putting on gillie suits etc?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Kafouille posted:

I like Compositable Loadouts for clothing assignment, it's a nice and easy way to have a base layer everyone wears and then some overlays per-job on an individual basis
Aw dang, not compatible with CE, which I kind of wish I hadn't used in the first place. Ammo is too complicated.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Anyone have any tips for the mechanitor scenario? I want to do a vampire cyborg overlord themed run but am burning through steel at an alarming rate.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I added it too, sounds rad.

Kudos to this thread for generally killing it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Smoothing takes forever and my guys like, never actually do it. Even if I prioritize construction they will wander around aimlessly before actually smoothing stuff.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

GaylordButts posted:

This made me too curious and I had to have answers so I went through the code on their linked github, it looks like they have added new ponyparts, like Pony_FrontLeg, Pony_RearLeg, Pony_FrontHoof and Pony_RearHoof, however the front limbs are still grouped as arms and are tagged as manipulation limbs. They made their own prosthetics, but the bionics section is commented out and marked as unfinished. Also they added in the "extra" bone in horselimbs for the cannon bone.

So you get a whole new fleet of body parts to keep around, assuming you leave any non-pony races.

vvvvv liver, kidneys, lungs, heart, all the internal stuff appears to be 'standard', it's just the limbs that get new ponyparts, along with tails, horns, and wings. It doesn't look like you'd be able to attach prosthetic wings to a standard pony, however, which I disagree with. Technology was supposed to make all ponis equal.
Man I really want to just go around the internet posting this in places without any context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I just panned around the map and realized it's covered in animal skeletons all of the sudden.

How screwed am I right now?