Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Jelly posted:

Also why the gently caress can't you multi-select poo poo anymore if there's more than one thing going on at the tile? Why does it have to select like one or two other items and multi-select them as well? I can't loving select a bunch of slag chunks by double-clicking anymore, I have to select every single one.

This game is arguably much worse than the last time I played it.

This works perfectly fine for me, I do it all the time. Sounds like a mod issue.

Jelly posted:

I have almost 1000 hours in this game and geothermal is one of my favorite power options. I always surround them with walls so they can be covered and protected and leave one door to build and access.

I have never once had this problem before. The pawn will now go the door, put out any fire directly adjacent to the door and absolutely refuse to do anything else.

This also sounds like either a mod issue or you don't have everything set as your home zone, because I do this same exact thing and it works for me in the current patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is there not a mod to turn down/turn off the wealth scaling?

You can change scaling options in the scenario editor at game start and/or adjust the threat scale in the advanced difficulty options midgame. There is also a mod that lets you edit scenario conditions midgame but I can't remember the name.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Are there any mods that add psionic weapons/armor? Like a sword or gun that becomes more powerful based on your psi sensitivity?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Male pawns having a lot of pathing issues around the top end of the lake

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

BattleMaster posted:

Nuclear Stomach absolutely works and is a pretty pro move. I assume that even genes negative that are ineffective on ghouls still contribute to their metabolic efficiency, but I am not sure. I don't know if it would be possible to get them to last nearly a month without food even with all that.

Couldn't you just periodically settle on a tile long enough to let the ghouls hunt local wildlife before moving on?

E: oh I forgot you said desert, but maybe there would still be something?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Age reversal in pods has always kinda sucked but it's completely obsolete now that you can just suck the life force out of some chump to de-age 15 or 20 years instantly and heal scars/conditions to boot. It's easy to keep a transhumanist at age 20 so that they never whine about it.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

worm girl posted:

I love how in a discussion about which one DLC should someone get, when someone asks me why I think one DLC lacks polish compared to the others, people pop up to say that actually a second DLC comes with a (totally unthematic) workaround so it's fine.

I am aware I can mod the game or cheat or become a void cultist. None of these things are relevant to Ideology feeling moddier than the other DLCs. I am not having a skill or knowledge issue with the game, I just think ideology tries to do too much and fails at some of it in a way that the others don't.

Yeah, this wasn't a response to you, which is why I didn't quote your post. Like I said I think the pods suck. I was just adding to the discussion. No need to be so defensive.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

I'm guessing that's from a mod, as I've not seen that happen before.

It's a vanilla feature, it's just very rare. I've had it happen during a party. I assume any interaction has a low chance to trigger it, so throwing a social festival when you have a known metal horror would be a way to check people.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Jelly posted:

They're unwavering so blue balls it is

If you have anomaly a brain wipe will take care of that

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

boneration posted:

The Anomaly tab is blanked out and says Nothing is currently buildable in category: Anomaly. This hasn't changed since I sent someone to investigate the monolith.

Have you done any anomaly research? It's in a separate tab from the regular research. There should be a check box when you select the monolith to allow you to study it, which gives you the anomaly research points you need for the anomaly projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

boneration posted:

I've investigated it twice now and nothing's changed. The Anomaly tab in research is blank and says This category of research has not been discovered. I have my researcher set to Dark Research priority one but the only option the monolith gives me is Investigate. There's no study option.

What happens when you investigate the monolith? There should be a big pulsing aura around it and the appearance should change afterward. If nothing is happening you probably have a mod conflict or something.