Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to disable raids without also canning the enemy attackers that come as part of quests? E.g. someone wants to join the colony and they have 1-2 attackers who will follow them or whatever. I'm using Incident Disabler and I'm wondering if I should be using a more granular mod (e.g. Raid and Event manager) instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

What are the rules if Ty wanted to add certain popular mods to the base game, or even something very derivative of a popular mod? Is there some kind of procedure for that?

As we all know, game modders are known for being completely reasonable people who are easy to work with and will not go absolutely off the handle and try to sic their followers on someone for any kind of perceived slight, so I'm sure he's very eager to work with them.
Honestly don't think this is an issue. There were many popular mods that added genes and kids and other Biotech mainstays, and I don't remember them making any kind of fuss about those additions. If there was going to be drama there would have been some by now, it's been three expansions and imo the only complaint is that we aren't getting enough changes or some other UI/concept stuff needs addressing

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Definitely having royalty feels about the expansion, but all the 1.5 stuff has me genuinely excited. I didn't use QOL mods like Wall Light because apathy and wanting to keep my mod list as small as possible, but that didn't mean I didn't want wall lights. And books! God I love new furniture so much

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

Holy poo poo y'all, 1.5 books are SO COOL

That looks loving amazing. Cheap way to have people train up skills without producing anything you don't particularly need at the time.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

Sometimes a room becomes weirdly unappealing for pawns to take meals at, in a way that has nothing to do with zones, and I haven't pinned down why exactly this happens to me. I just build more tables when it does.
Sincerely feel like you can never have too many tables. I try to have the 2x1s crammed or plopped down near where people will be working so that dumbassess midway through a harvest don't accrue extra negatives.

(I feel like it's also a uniquely Rimworld thing to complain about an aspect of the game [e.g. big summer harvests on a 20/30-day tile] but enjoy mitigating it [tables!! Shelves under roofs in the farm enclosure for all that extra corn!])

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

A lot of it is already updated, check whatever specific part you're thinking about.

1.5: Did you know you can link shelves before they're finished constructing? Nice change. Also they don't have quality any more (no more billions of wealth just making high quality shelves)

I'm pretty sure you could always link shelves under construction. Them having no quality seems new and good though.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Telsa Cola posted:

I kinda apologize for the constant advertisements/suggestion of the mod, but the animal genetics mod really makes the whole ranching thing more fun and immersive.

You can breed a set of pack animals with heigher capacity and speed, and also breed another set of the same species for meat/leather purposes.

It's neat and adds a layer beyond the whole managing animal food stuff.
Is this Vanilla Genetics Expanded or Animal Genetics? Just curious, because the former seems more techy and focused on creating hybrid animals than just breeding a type of animal for different purposes.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Kris xK posted:

I've never had an expansion that I am so apathetic about while still excited.

Im not looking forward to remaking the mod list.
I'm mostly just excited for the 1.5 vanilla improvements. Books + wall lights + buried circuits feel like enough motivation to prune my modlist.

Still wondering what the incentive to buy Anomaly is if you're not interested in adding the horror event poo poo to your games. If all the cool weapons and mechanics are tied to the events then it may be the first expansion I don't buy :ohdear:

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else noticed bills just vanishing off of tailor bench/smithy etc sometimes? I don't have any mods active that mess with them, but every so often I'll think "why am I out of tuques again" and then I'll check both my tailor benches and the bill is missing again.

With the smithy, it's the bill for maces that won't stick. I'm just glad this isn't happening to my kitchen stoves because it's already super annoying managing bills on there without the save/copy mods I had

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Soooo I finally hunted down the mod that was making some of my tailor/smithy bills mysteriously disappear: Research Reinvented. Turns out that when pawns studied manufacturing experience at the standing tailor bench that would delete three or four bills from them and from the smithy. No clue why that happens, uninstalling with prejudice bc I spent my morning doing a fresh install and test games with small batches of mods to see if I could figure out wtf was happening.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
I really didn't know I needed the pain of playing no tech tribals on an ice sheet but I guess I do. I settled on a map that's like 60% mountain and gives only one possible approach for enemies and traders, which has been both great (no worries about building mats, always knowing where the standard raids will be) and terrible (animal migrations are only on the map for 10 seconds, caravans can return just as a raid spawns in beside them...).

I started with some cheese (insect-loving ideology, tons of pemmican, four yaks, cold-resistant deathless xenotype) to keep from needing to go cannibal and yet this first winter I'm already struggling to keep people fed and keep the goddamn fungus warm enough to grow. This is maybe the first playthrough where I find myself actively looking forward to quests spawning off my main map just so I've got a new encounter map to raze for resources. I hate it and I love it so drat much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

Heat some dark rooms to produce infestations to eat?
I have regular infestations off since I dislike them in regular games, I figure I can always turn em back on if we totally run out of food. Gonna see how long I can last without that first, I'm halfway to electricity already, and there's a small group of caribou that just wandered onto the map :allears: