Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You can disassemble clothes? I've just been tossing tainted and less than 50% dur clothes into the fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there anyway to reset the artifact quest for your ideology?

I did the last mission that sent a shuttle to pick up my dudes, I completed everything I need except instead of fighting some guys that came in at the end I just jumped in the shuttle and left. The mission says it isn't complete but there is nothing on the map anymore and it just sitting there in my log.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Kanos posted:

The argument isn't "use paste forever",

orrr use paste forever and just forget about an entire portion of the game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I was raided and I thought a guy was just carrying off a jacket so I ignored him to fight actual dudes burning my poo poo down, but apparently that guy was kidnapping my crafter. Do you get events in the future to rescue your kidnapped guys or is that essentially just the same as they are now dead.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Coolguye posted:

it's possible but not guaranteed

RIP crafter bro.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Using Dev mode to fix my broken quest chain was the first time I ever used it in 200 hours.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

In my current game I am just in a permanent desert without much natural cover, so I just have about 8 sandbag emplacements spread around the edges of my base with single limestone walls spaced out to give my troops a covered position. I am unfortunately at that part of the game when my construction worker is so highly level everything they are making is amazing and my wealth is high but I don't have many pawns or too great of gear yet, and my highly level crafter was kidnapped :(

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is the best/fasted way to level up your crafting just to have them make the highest level item they can even if it likely produces garbage?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gadzuko posted:

You can intentionally slow the work down with outdoors/bad temp maluses if you really don't care about the item production.

It is just time spent that calculates XP? So if you make it as slow as possible they will earn more xp per product?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gadzuko posted:

Yeah it's not a lump increase when they finish a product, if you open the bio menu while they are crafting you will see the xp going up in a steady stream as they craft and it's the same regardless of what they're making. Just time spent at the table equals xp.

whelp time to craft in the dirt in 110 degree weather

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

For fences you can now drop a pen marker that will tell you the nutrition growth in the area versus the consumption rate, I don't recall that existing before? It is helpful as it lets me know when I should go take a few camels to market.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there a setting or mod for when your dude harvest plants that once they harvest a full load they will stop and carry it to a stockpile? Having a field of food rot while try to get everyone to haul things is very annoying.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

nessin posted:

I'm pretty sure I must have a mod that's loving up the slavery system but just in case, are slaves supposed to revolt regularly regardless of suppression? I'm on my third slave, the first two I eventually sold because it became too annoying and my third just escaped because he revolted at the edge of the map. I've got two Warden's, both social 10 or above, wearing authority caps and set to priority 1. My slaves are wearing the collars and bands. But no matter what they've all revolted like clockwork as if my warden's aren't doing anything.

Mine would do this, then I enslaved a guy with a broken tibia so his movement speed is 50%, his estimated slave revolt right now is 2.2 years. Maybe toss some wooden legs on your slaves?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is Cataphract armor/ marine armor etc still just a trap compared to using devilstrand dusters and flak vests?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Had a mech cluster drop a climate adjuster that drops the weather by ten degrees, in my permanent hot desert map.. why thank you mech bros.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

HopperUK posted:

Make sure to walk around outside loudly complaining about how uncomfortable it's making you so they keep it up.

I killed them all except for the machine, now I have it encased in bricks so it won't be killed by anyone else.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Ran into a really weird bug where my map got completely wiped of underground deposits.

Had several dozens already scanned and then all of sudden when reinstalling or building a new deep drill there aren't any green squares on the map. Even drilling at locations I remember containing resources only pulls up rock.

So may be silly, but is your deep ground scanner still powered on? If it is off or destroyed all those deposit wont show up anymore. No idea if it also doesn't let you drill but I don't think so.

Also, I have installed some mods just now, I don't really want to get away from the vanilla feeling of the game but do want a little bit more variety.

I download some weapon packs and an armor thing, I also installed rimatomics but I don't think it loads into already saved game perhaps? Maybe I messed something up.

I guess one thing I would love, is I am doing transhumanist, so I put a neural charger in everyone bedroom, I would love to be able to assign specific access to an individual per machine, anyone know of something for that? I do not want to restrict access to rooms cause cleaners have to get in there.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 9, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah rimatomics only adds one research option, and then has its own unlock and research system once you build the bench.

Oh its it own separate tab on the research screen, obvious now that I see it, confusing if you don't -_-

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am guessing our pawns don't make babies cause they would either need to be immune to damage until they are adults or you couldn't sell the game in like all of the EU?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Coolguye posted:

tynan explicitly responded to this by saying that it's more that rimworld doesn't really operate on those time scales so making a system that actually handled pregnancy, birth, and childrearing well would be a stupefying amount of effort for a system that one in every 10k players would ever actually engage with, everyone else would just do whatever it took to avoid pregnancy because kids are necessarily going to be a lot of work for no gain for at least 4-5 years.

Yeah I wouldn't want to wait 18 years but it would be interesting if you could toss them in a growth chamber for a year or two.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

let's be real most of the people modding children into the game aren't doing it because they want a generational fortress

ah some weird sex thing?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Coolguye posted:

you're on somethingawful, don't even pretend to be so naive you didn't know breeding was a fetish for some people

I mean I was thinking wierd child sex poo poo, not some breeding kicks thing

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Which mod is that? I tried to find some during 1.2 but everything I was finding didn't look like it was updated.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Had a siege pop up and a quest to let 45 man hunter cougars come into my map at the same time.

Always a terrific time when people sent to kill you just kill each other.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Previously I set up a little secondary settlement nearby with minimal supplies to let addicts do a little mining or whatever on their own while they dry out, but now that I've got pawnmorpher working I might just try turning them into a chicken for the duration

I got a bloodlust addict I am not looking forward to dealing with. May just remove his legs until he is fine then give him bionics.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

God drat pawn just threw a tantrum, walked into my fuel depot and blew herself up.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does the protection from things like stone skin glands not show up in the stats on the gear screen?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Why are you simply not arresting them right away at first, harvest the useless ones organs and enslave the rest.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

red = fire, heat

so no

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have just been arresting dudes and tossing them in jail to convert them, even my own colonist recruits. Every 3 days do a convert action and if your ritual is coming up soon just wait for it.

I've download some new mods I want to try out but not in my current save. Is the game pretty good about letting you swap out mods, start a new game, then when you want to go back to your old save just running only those mods?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 13, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Is building one for each colonist the correct strat here or am I misunderstanding how they work?

Transhumanist, absolutely.

Everyone else, probably not.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I downloaded every mod I could find title Vanilla Expanded, turned them all on and started a new game.. and there is quite a lot.

What would be the top 5 Vanilla expanded mods to start with?

Also, if I use one of the story tellers that restricts research to certain time frames, but then also use a non-vanilla expanded mod to add more guns does that gently caress with the research restrictions?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Most of the time frame storytellers restrict things to like "Only tribal" or "Only tribal and medieval" so since every research needs to be slotted into a time frame as long as they haven't done something silly like place guns under tribal it should still hold.

Alright cool, think I want to try a Napoleon era play through!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

It's nice to see a bit of variety

Yeah I like weapon mods cause it adds more variety to what everyone is running around with, it does get irritatingly tedious if you are trying to min max your pawns though.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

HelloSailorSign posted:

Totally forgot that alive animals counted for a ton of wealth, guess the uhhhhh 25 muffalo should get culled some time soon...

oh poo poo I didn't know this, I've been getting wrecked by events and I got a bunch of Muffalo and Yaks... guess I better get the meat grinder turned on

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are there any mods that add like a hydration system so you have to keep your pawns both fed and full of water?

I want to make my life worse.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Awesome, thank you!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have to ask this question, if you have that mod, do pawns poo poo themselves when they die?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Archonet posted:

Update: Not necessarily, but...

So clearly you need to scare them, then kill them. :yeshaha:

lol thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

girl dick energy posted:

Rimworld: They poo poo themselves when scared or psychotic.

:golfclap: