Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Only after i downloaded BNOErrorReporter, the error code is 044-21c-207

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

ElBrak posted:

Only after i downloaded BNOErrorReporter, the error code is 044-21c-207

Support site says that there may be a software comparability error(It cites Macafee antivirus as being a possiblity). Try turning off your anti-virus, then try again.

Here is a list of programs that may be a cause for it, from the support site:

· COMODO Internet Security
· ZoneAlarm Browser Security
· ZoneAlarm ForceField
· Logitech Inc. / Camera Helper Library.
· KORG INC. / KORG USB-MIDI Driver
· Ultimate font Rasterizer for Windows
· ESP Hooking Dynamic Link Library
· AVAST Software / avast! Snxhk
· F-Secure Corporation / HIPS user-mode hooking module
· Mactype / gdipp / ezgdi (software to rewrite the font rendering)

Alternatively, it says to try:

Select "Control Panel" → "System and Security" → "System".
Select "Advanced system settings." Select the "Advanced" tab "Performance".
Select the "Data Execution Prevention" tab. If you have to select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select next", in the state of being select "Enable only for essential Windows programs and services" and "OK" Resolve by pressing.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I don't have anti-virus running and I already have that setting.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

When I ran into an error there what I did was uninstall MGO then change my system clock to japan time to reinstall and patch. I had a different error but the problem might be the same. If you go to the launcher and hit the orange button does it patch or does the game start?

If it's working right you're still able to launch the game regardless of VPN and stuff.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

randombattle posted:

When I ran into an error there what I did was uninstall MGO then change my system clock to japan time to reinstall and patch. I had a different error but the problem might be the same. If you go to the launcher and hit the orange button does it patch or does the game start?

If it's working right you're still able to launch the game regardless of VPN and stuff.

I have reinstalled several times and have changed my time to Japanese time.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Hmm, under GundamOnline.exe's properties compatability mode is turned off, and run this program as administrator is turned on right?

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Yes i run it as administrator.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
:smith:...I'm not sure why it's still not running.

As a last resort, here is the support form site.

Most of it you can fill out with english(Here it is through google translate).

In the error details part write down:

エラー番号: (044-21c-207)

ランチャーは開いている、ゲームは最新のものである、 Anti-Virusは、オフになっている。

ゲームが起動しない。 可能な場合は、英語でご返信ください
すでに特権レベルの「管理者として実行このプログラム」にチェックを入れます。

It says: Error code is at the top, Launcher is open, game is up to date, anti virus is turned off. Game doesn't run. If possible please give instructions in english. I am running as administrator.

If it printed out an error log, there is a field on the site to attach it as well.

Sorry, I'm not sure what else to try :v:

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Ya i sent that in, guess i gotta wait to see if they reply

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Try updating direct x and your graphic card.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I have the latest drivers and directx.

Serril
Dec 31, 2007

Mort Fun Time
This looks pretty awesome. In as Serril

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Serril posted:

This looks pretty awesome. In as Serril

Got you

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Support got back to me and I've fixed the problem. Turns out you can't have your Windows in Test Mode, it doesn't like it at all. Now i can fire up the game see if i setup my account properly.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Good to hear. I'll be playing tonight, I'll try to get you in the guild asap.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Looks like i didn't set my account up right, trying to figure it out now.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Alright i got it all figured out, in as ElBrak.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Tomorrow evening will be your last chance to probably do a co-op bonus so if you need it done be on tomorrow night at latest.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
I recommend going for Gashacon Volume 12's Gelgoog cannon if you managed to snag a gold Dozle Zaku. Mobility and strong melee is great, but a deck should also have ranged power available if need be. The 120mm MG is barely competitive against the beam weaponry most Feddys' pack. The best ranged weapon the Dozle Zaku packs is the bazooka(F type knocks mobile suits down on direct hit).

Anyways, the Gelgoog cannon is a very versatile firepower oriented suit that is land and space capable. It can pack a beam cannon(Basically a beam sniper rifle on your shoulder) AND a beam rifle. It's probably Zeon's strongest space heavy.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 4, 2014

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

I just finished the revive clan challenge which was the last one. Enjoy your anime tokens.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
^Introducing the Japanese to American culture haha

You really pulled through for us on the sniper clan challenge too :allears:

Thanks for helping everyone get paid!

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Nice to see we got all the recruits through co-op this week! :toot:

E: Almost.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 7, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Are the coop rewards a one time thing or is it weekly?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Are the coop rewards a one time thing or is it weekly?

Normally weekly, they reset every Tuesday(After Tuesday's weekly maintenance, more like early morning Wednesday really). The rewards were doubled since they didn't reset it last last Tuesday.

We have the coordination to pull it off, the loot is great for the time spent. It's just a matter of having enough people on.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 6, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

^Introducing the Japanese to American culture haha

You really pulled through for us on the sniper clan challenge too :allears:

Thanks for helping everyone get paid!

Hey now I was getting a few hundred on my zaku 1 sniper too! I finished that one off.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

Hey now I was getting a few hundred on my zaku 1 sniper too! I finished that one off.

Well, you're a point making machine. We wouldn't be done the weekly without your contribution.

Sorry if you felt that I took your efforts for granted :v:

I don't think anyone despises the Feddys as much as you, that probably helps too.

Sometimes your anger is just brief moments of insanity though. Have you watched your own stream commentary lately? :stare:

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Just applied to the guild as Marund. Have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing but I do love giant robots.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Just applied to the guild as Marund. Have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing but I do love giant robots.

Logging in to get you into the guild.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Dang I missed getting Dozle's Zaku? That thing is fancy looking. I think the only person who can outdo that is M'quve.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

CassiusW posted:

Dang I missed getting Dozle's Zaku? That thing is fancy looking. I think the only person who can outdo that is M'quve.

I think you have a little over a day left so you could get it if you grind hardcore.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

Stats, armaments, and cost wise it's Zeon's answer to the GM Striker. A pretty good answer too, it's better suited for chaining boost attacks. Better Bazooka F too. More ammo, more blast, for only +70 more weight.

Currently there's a bug where the type D axe goes straight through shields, dealing immediate direct damage to the mobile suit being struck.
E: Read up more of it, apparently if you click again you can cancel the boost attack recovery time with another attack. Yikes.

It will be hot fixed in tomorrow's maintenance though.

New event for next week is called "Gundam Online New Year's GP Battle". Apparently it will be a good time to make GP but no other details have been given.

randombattle posted:

I think you have a little over a day left so you could get it if you grind hardcore.

About 20 or so games played for a gold blueprint.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 7, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Currently there's a bug where the type D axe goes straight through shields, dealing immediate direct damage to the mobile suit being struck.
E: Read up more of it, apparently if you click again you can cancel the boost attack recovery time with another attack. Yikes.

It will be hot fixed in tomorrow's maintenance though.

New event for next week is called "Gundam Online New Year's GP Battle". Apparently it will be a good time to make GP but no other details have been given.

If only they would hot fix federation gundam swarms.

:negative:

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

If only they would hot fix federation gundam swarms.

:negative:

They mass produced the RX-78-2 since Christmas but they aren't going to win this week's war.

I wonder why :unsmith:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

They mass produced the RX-78-2 since Christmas but they aren't going to win this week's war.

I wonder why :unsmith:

It's cause our suits are cheaper. :smith:

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Zeon wins the war at 50.78%!

(^You may have destroyed a Blue Destiny or two on this map!)

We will be paid double the usual victor's reward(Master mechanic tickets, GP, and more if you ranked high in a category), since it was a 2-week war.

The Feddys will only be paid a lesser amount of GP :laugh:

Maintenance will be active for about 6 hours. You can patch to the latest around the last hour and a half.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 8, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Turns out we didn't even need to wait for the Big Zam to be mass produced!

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
I added some info about modules in the second post:

Modules
4th button down on the blue list when customizing a suit
Module list
Through Translate
-Makes your suit more expensive
-The cheaper the suit, the more modules you can put on
-You cannot buy module parts, they are earned through battle.
-Once you unlock a module it is available for all suits
-Recommended buffs include shield breaker(Bonus damage to shields),Faster projectile speed(Translates as "Moving fire auxiliary"), and Quick weapon switch.

E: I will add more sections on weapons later on to the second post.
Shotgun talk
TL;DR Use lock-on and N shotgun. Upgrade it with high standards because it's cheap.

Enough Zeon suits have access to this that I think it's worth talking about, since it is superior to beam rifles if you can get close(untraited, 220 damage on the best beam rifle shot vs 440 from a shotgun's pellet wave). You should be using the lock-on with this weapon, even if you haven't upgraded the lock-on(You should, it makes the weapon more reliable up close).

Shotguns fire 8 pellets per shot, the listed damage is per pellet. Removing the digit at the end when looking at a weapon's power gives you that weapon's damage. The game doesn't round up decimal damage if your weapon has any.

Which shotgun should your suit use?
All shotguns have strong burst damage relative to machine guns and beam rifles.

In summary: N if you are not shotgun traited but want stagger/aerial knockdown potential, F can knockdown gimmick on a back shot if you are shotgun traited, 3pt burst if you want the best burst damage.

Keep in mind your typical 340 cost Gundam has between 1400-1700 armour depending on customization.

N unupgraded, all 8 pellets hit: 400 damage (Clip's potential damage is 2000). Max upgraded damage is 440 damage. This is sufficient to knockdown aerial opponents(They would need +100 balance minimum which is very hard for most Feddy Assaults, which hover around +61 for the sniper F knockdown immunity). This shotgun also has the best effective range, and pellet spread(Higher accuracy rating means the pellets are closer together, more likely to get all 8 to hit). Also the cheapest to upgrade, so it's easier to get strong stats. Recommended for general use.

F unupgraded, all 8 pellets hit: 480 damage (Clip's potential damage is 1440). Max upgraded damage is 528. Not enough to knockdown most grounded Feddy assaults on a back shot(528*1.25 = 660 damage, most Feddy fighting suits can pull off +61 balance). Still enough to knockdown aerial opponents, but this is harder since this shotgun has less effective range, and a looser pellet spread. If you are shotgun traited, you can use this to score knockdowns on grounded opponents provided that you can get close and behind them. Not recommended if you are not shotgun traited, it isn't worth the burst damage since 1 clip won't kill a Gundam.

3pt burst(IIF, FS, and Ifrit only) unupgraded, all 3 waves of 8 pellets hit: 720 damage. This weapon has beastly damage if you can get up close. Upgrading reload effectively increases this weapon's rate of fire by quite a bit. However, it cannot stagger or knockdown foes because each wave of 8 pellets is only at least 264 damage untraited(Even with trait, it's easy to build up enough balance not to stagger from this).

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 8, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
You can patch now.

New event

High value GP items can drop from battles. They have no purpose other than to be sold.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 8, 2014

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Someone please hold my hand I have no idea what I'm doing. Trying to create the shortcut like in the OP and the way it's worded I have to have the target line look like this: \BNO\GundamOnline\GundamOnline.exe".\data" but I get an error how that's a false location etc etc.
I'm dumb and just want to shoot some Feddie scum. :smith:

YesManKablam fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

You may have already done this but you also need to specify the drive. For example this is exactly what is under my target for the shortcut.
C:\BNO\GundamOnline\GundamOnline.exe ".\data"

If you aren't good with computer pathing you can click on the folder in windows 7 in the directory the game is installed to and it will give you the path. Just add the \GundamOnline.exe to the end along with the .\data

I also had to set my shortcut to compatibility mode for some reason. You might try that too if the game still isn't working.

• Locked thread