Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

So I think I finally built a ranged sniper. I have 4 snipers now. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

Ralconn posted:

So I think I finally built a ranged sniper. I have 4 snipers now. :getin:

Congrats. Be sure to level it up with duplicate Zaku II F sniper prints(Two silver prints will take you to ranged trait level 2(+60m bonus), then 4 for level 3(+90m bonus), etc).

You can get up to +150m bonus range(!). If you have a lot of gold master mechanic tickets I would consider dumping them all to make a perfect upgraded sniper rifle for this suit.

E:Gold tickets spent on your Gelgoog. Congratulations.

It's possible to max all 3 parameters, although I would still prioritize them in case you don't get lucky (Max range > damage > reload).

I prioritize damage over reload because the charged rifle is more likely to 1 shot the more expensive Gundams(1400 unupgraded damage vs 1540 max upgraded damage). Max reload will save you an extra 1.5 seconds of reloading though. Having the best quick charge module will still help your rate of fire out the most though.

E2: Was going to log-on but there's emergency maintenance going on. No ETA has been given, ugh.
E3: Estimated 1 hour emergency maintenance, 11:00 to 12:00 Japan time. Currently 11:11 in Japan as of this post. Probably it will be down longer than an hour.

E4: Maintenance is over. Repatching my game.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 9, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The haro items are like half of the reward board oh man one match is going to give you so much money now.

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Now I'm having the same problem that randombattle had with error code -1. As he had said, he changed his system clock to Japan time. Do I just change the timezone or is it something else? I remember having to do something akin to this with timezones or system languages a grand total of once a couple years ago so, no idea.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

YesManKablam posted:

Now I'm having the same problem that randombattle had with error code -1. As he had said, he changed his system clock to Japan time. Do I just change the timezone or is it something else? I remember having to do something akin to this with timezones or system languages a grand total of once a couple years ago so, no idea.

Yeah I had to change my time to jst to get everything to both install and patch right. Just goto the clock and change your timezone to utc +9 time zone. I don't know if it bugs out if you don't do it for a patch cause I did a clean install when I changed my clock and have thus done the same for this patch.

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Looks like I'm all good now. Applied to the guild too as Naptown.

Thank you as well, randombattle.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

YesManKablam posted:

Looks like I'm all good now. Applied to the guild too as Naptown.

Thank you as well, randombattle.

Nice, logging in to get you in.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Next week:

GP Gashacon Volume 13 Announced:

EFSF

Blue Destiny Unit 1
GM Cannon Space warfare spec

Blue Destiny Unit 1 cannot wield a bazooka and only the gold version can wield a beam rifle. Other than the "EXAM" powered up mode, I don't think this suit is that dangerous when compared to actual Gundams.

GM Cannon space warfare spec is nothing special to write about. It's the only heavy that can wield a shield and doesn't have access to beam rifles.

Zeon

Ifrit Kai
Rick Dom II

If you ever wanted to dual wield swords like the Gundams, the Ifrit has you covered. It fares poorly at medium range though, and sports the worst leg mounted missiles in Zeon's army. Good armour and mobility makes this suit very strong in melee. Press and hold onto F to activate the one time "EXAM" buff, giving increased boost recharge(+%30), speed(+%10) and damage(+%20) for 45 seconds.

I can't recommend the Rick Dom II. It's the weakest space only suit in Zeon's army. Don't use your precious warehouse space to build one.

Also, the Arctic base map will return to rotation.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Golden makuku tank and silver gelgoog acquired! The time for punch is now! :ssj:

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Golden makuku tank and silver gelgoog acquired! The time for punch is now! :ssj:

Punching a burning gundam must feel pretty great :flame:.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I punched a gundam to death who was trying to twin beam saber me. It was pretty great. Having all of the hp is pretty great as well.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
New rebalancing patch announced for Jan 29th, some weapon selection/stats and suit stats will be overhauled.

Aqua Gundam nerf coming? Gouf custom/Zogok/Gyan buffed back to their old selves?

It's been 5 or so months since the last major rebalancing.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 12, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Clan Weekly Challenge finished! :toot:

The war is going to be close this week...

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Those were some tough fights with some hot blooded nuke carriers.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Why are they bringing the Blue Destiny suits back? The Efreet EXAM was such a disappointment. I'd rather have the Schneid or Nacht. Schneid has better weapons and the Nacht has a stealth gimmick. Even the standard Efreet would be better in MSGO's large scale setting.

EDIT: What did Al get put on post probation for?

a gentle breeze fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 13, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

Why are they bringing the Blue Destiny suits back? The Efreet EXAM was such a disappointment. I'd rather have the Schneid or Nacht. Schneid has better weapons and the Nacht has a stealth gimmick. Even the standard Efreet would be better in MSGO's large scale setting.

EDIT: What did Al get put on post probation for?

Amongst the DX suits to bring to the GP Gashacon, it seems that they chose the units that won't change the meta too much. You may remember that other variants of the Efreet were on earlier surveys of suits Zeon players would like to see next, but they were less popular than the Efreet custom.

Amongst Zeon's assaults, the Efreet Custom is a pretty bad front-line fighter(No bazooka, no strong medium ranged weapon, no shield). Having strong melee alone doesn't break stalemates. It is better suited for defense and harassment tactics.

This is an "all-in" kinda suit but you still have to make careful plays to survive, score well, and keep your kill streak bonus going.

It shines in base defenses(Kill lots of enemies quickly with melee as they are preoccupied shooting the base) and urban environments where stealth melee play is more viable(New York comes to mind).

Don't get an Efreet Custom if you have a Dozle Zaku already. Dozle Zaku is slightly weaker in the melee department(No EXAM mode, slightly less base speed) but is cheaper and can basically perform the same role as the Efreet Custom while being better at breaking stalemates.

E: All of that being said... a gold Efreet Custom that is shotgun traited(and under the EXAM buff) has the best potential close range damage amongst Zeon's assaults. It is not uncommon to 3 shot Protogundams with the default shotgun. Silver Efreet Customs cannot get a shotgun.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 14, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Amongst the DX suits to bring to the GP Gashacon, it seems that they chose the units that won't change the meta too much. You may remember that other variants of the Efreet were on earlier surveys of suits Zeon players would like to see next, but they were less popular than the Efreet custom.

Amongst Zeon's assaults, the Efreet Custom is a pretty bad front-line fighter(No bazooka, no strong medium ranged weapon, no shield). Having strong melee alone doesn't break stalemates. It is better suited for defense and harassment tactics.

This is an "all-in" kinda suit but you still have to make careful plays to survive, score well, and keep your kill streak bonus going.

It shines in base defenses(Kill lots of enemies quickly with melee as they are preoccupied shooting the base) and urban environments where stealth melee play is more viable(New York comes to mind).

Don't get an Efreet Custom if you have a Dozle Zaku already. Dozle Zaku is slightly weaker in the melee department(No EXAM mode, slightly less base speed) but is cheaper and can basically perform the same role as the Efreet Custom while being better at breaking stalemates.

E: All of that being said... a gold Efreet Custom that is shotgun traited(and under the EXAM buff) has the best potential close range damage amongst Zeon's assaults. It is not uncommon to 3 shot Protogundams with the default shotgun. Silver Efreet Customs cannot get a shotgun.

It's too bad it won in popularity. I wonder why MSGO didn't have a development type of setting where you have a suit you can research if you have the suit it was developed from. I would have the Efreet and then researched the other two. Alas, I didn't develop the game nor am I a part of their company.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

It's too bad it won in popularity. I wonder why MSGO didn't have a development type of setting where you have a suit you can research if you have the suit it was developed from. I would have the Efreet and then researched the other two. Alas, I didn't develop the game nor am I a part of their company.

...that sounds very reasonable, and seems like it would be a nice re-haul or addition to the customization system.

They'd have a lot of work cut out for themselves due to the amount of variants they'd have to do the art and balancing for.

I have a hard time thinking how it would make them more money than the current system though :v:

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

...that sounds very reasonable, and seems like it would be a nice re-haul or addition to the customization system.

They'd have a lot of work cut out for themselves due to the amount of variants they'd have to do the art and balancing for.

I have a hard time thinking how it would make them more money than the current system though :v:

There's ways they could still make money off of it. I've been playing Warframe while MSGO patches and their system makes them plenty of money. You can buy the components to make your Warframe and then pay to rush the completion. MSGO could do the same but considering the variants of the suits, they'd either have to lower the time needed to develop or make parts cheap. It's completely doable and would probably make them a lot more money considering how many mobile suits MSV adds to all the Gundam universes. Considering the UC timeline is the most in depth, it's a gold mine with no dwarves in it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I learned a very :negative: thing about feddies today. They get a suit the pre type GM that I would put on par with the act zaku in terms of performance. They get this suit as a starter and gold prints are basically the equivalent of the Zaku II J heavy unit. This suit is insane. It also gets 10 slots compared to the Acts 4.
The cost is basically 1/4th of an Act Zaku and the reuse time is insanely low.

God drat I hate feddies. They get beam charge rifles like candy on every suit. All we get it on is the Act Zaku. Which I will now be shooting for because holy crap charge beam rifles are the greatest thing ever.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

I learned a very :negative: thing about feddies today. They get a suit the pre type GM that I would put on par with the act zaku in terms of performance. They get this suit as a starter and gold prints are basically the equivalent of the Zaku II J heavy unit. This suit is insane. It also gets 10 slots compared to the Acts 4.

God drat I hate feddies. They get beam charge rifles like candy on every suit. All we get it on is the Act Zaku. Which I will now be shooting for because holy crap charge beam rifles are the greatest thing ever.

Action Zaku is my most consistent high scoring suit. Charged beams are powerful and reliable.

E:
List of EFSF suits with charged beams:
Early type GM, Late type GM, GM Wolf, Gundam GM Head, Guncannon SML

List of Zeon suits with charged beams:
Act Zaku, Zock, Juagg

Zock's charged beam is the strongest in the game, full power on F type(275*2*1.5) deals 825 damage. It can knockdown grounded targets pretty easily.

I wouldn't trade my Action Zaku for any Feddy charged beam suit. Mobility and armour are too good. Also, the bullpup makes a ridiculous side-arm up close. It's the strongest machine gun in the game(280 damage on a 4 round burst vs best beam rifle + trait's 252 damage each shot). If Feddy's want to play the beam short ranged shot trading game, I swap to it and wreck them.

Charged beam Stagger/Aerial knockdown -> Heat hawk boost attack is fun too.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 14, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Al Borland posted:

Not only do they have superior beam technology but the Federation was apparently smart enough to realize that a big loving shield is pretty god drat useful so everything has one. Piddly rear end Zaku shield isn't really comparable.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Not only do they have superior beam technology but the Federation was apparently smart enough to realize that a big loving shield is pretty god drat useful so everything has one. Piddly rear end Zaku shield isn't really comparable.

Gelgoog's shield has anti-beam coating. Takes half damage from beam rifles and beam spray guns, giving it effectively 1820 HP(910*2) vs beams :laugh:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Gelgoog's shield has anti-beam coating. Takes half damage from beam rifles and beam spray guns, giving it effectively 1820 HP(910*2) vs beams :laugh:

If only Zeon had the money to give everything Gelgoog shields they might die less to the gundam hordes.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
A bit more news on the rebalancing

Aside from the rebalancing on the 29th, they said that you will also be allowed to freely customize your loadout's main/special/sub weapons.

They are planning to let you swap in whatever weapons you like on your suit as long as they are not duplicates. Sub types count as duplicates.

ie. You can't wield 3 Bazooka F's as a Dom or a Bazooka N as well as a Bazooka F.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

A bit more news on the rebalancing

Aside from the rebalancing on the 29th, they said that you will also be allowed to freely customize your loadout's main/special/sub weapons.

They are planning to let you swap in whatever weapons you like on your suit as long as they are not duplicates. Sub types count as duplicates.

ie. You can't wield 3 Bazooka F's as a Dom or a Bazooka N as well as a Bazooka F.

So I could have a beam rifle on any suit? Is there anything regarding shields? Is this gonna be Gundam Breaker?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

So I could have a beam rifle on any suit? Is there anything regarding shields? Is this gonna be Gundam Breaker?

Not any suit. If that weapon was in the suit's equipment set, you can now equip it in a different slot.

ie. Normally Zaku II FS can't get a shotgun AND the head vulcans.

If you wanted to go shotgun/head vulcans/bazooka now you can. You can't use weapons that are not available to the suit anyway, so you won't see Doms speeding around with beam rifles.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 15, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Not any suit. If that weapon was in the suit's equipment set, you can now equip it in a different slot.

ie. Normally Zaku II FS can't get a shotgun AND the head vulcans.

If you wanted to go shotgun/head vulcans/bazooka now you can. You can't use weapons that are not available to the suit anyway, so you won't see Doms speeding around with beam rifles.

drat I was wanting a Dom with a beam rifle. I guess I'll figure out what works best for myself.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sadly this patch isn't turning it into Zeonic Front. Still there are some suits that are going to benfit greatly from not having slots locked.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mostly heavies and supports and snipers.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Yeah, it's not gonna affect the Feddies that are married to beam rifle F(AF)/saber(s)/bazooka F. They'll probably play the game as they always have.

You could probably pull off some creative and effective stuff with Zeon's suits though.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Co-op cleared, Amuro defeated! Felled by a slap from Troika's Juagg.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 17, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Oh crap I forgot about coop this week.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

Co-op cleared, Amuro defeated! Felled by a slap from Troika's Juagg.

very nice! I fell asleep the second I left. Next week maybe we can get Amuro. Looks like the feds are going to win this week though. We really riled up a wasp nest by winning a month+ in a row.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Oh crap I forgot about coop this week.

I've being playing later(also, less) in the night since I've got school-work to take care of. Hopefully I can catch you when you're on, or have you already pubbed it?

E: New EX Gashacon announced for next week's war. EX Gashacon's are a good time to try get DX and gold master mechanic tickets if you don't care for the EX suits.

EFSF:
GM(WD Corps specification)- The scariest one. It has the same beam rifle (2000 base power F) as the protogundam/gundam at a cost of 260. Also Bazooka F capable.
GM late production type - Precession GM beefed up. Same weapons(Can wield shotgun as sidearm), better stats, more cost.
GM Land battle specification - Charged bazooka GM that can wield a shotgun as a side-arm.
Zani - Cheap worker.
GM(Commander) - Dual wield beam saber capable GM. Not that scary in actual melee.

Zeon:
Zaku Ⅱ F -Can wield shotguns(Cheapest suit to get 3pt burst, best burst but no stun/aerial knockdown) and a magella gun. Cheapest Bazooka F capable unit in Zeon.
Zaku Ⅱ F2 - Can wield charged bazookas and sturm fausts. Cheapest sturm faust capable unit in Zeon.
Rick Dom - Same as ground Dom, space only variant. Not Tri-star deck bonus capable. Slightly better stats than the ground Dom for the same cost. Strongest Bazooka F and flash beam F(gold only) is good in close quarters. Great maneuverability in space, unlike it's grounded slow jumping cousin.
Zaku Ⅱ S - Can wield all types of 120mm MGs and a magella gun. Bazooka F capable. Dozle Zaku is better. Kinda high cost(260) for a grunt unit. Zaku II F fills this role better in my opinion.
Prototype Zaku - Cheap worker.

Check here if you're interested in the new suits Translate

I wouldn't be surprised if the White Dingo GM was nerfed in the upcoming patch. It has access to top tier semi-auto beam rifles and is relatively easy to max beam shooter 5 on it. For an EX unit it's power is really really high(252 damage max customize and trait x 8 shots = 2016 damage). It's not uncommon to destroy more than one suit in a single clip.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jan 19, 2014

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Built a silver action zaku, but couldn't use the charge beam for poo poo. Seriously how do you effectively use that? Missing a shot is devastating with the reload.

Switched to regular beam rifle F type and it's been great. Including a 10-kill streak on a space map (and many many assists). Finally I can go pew pew pew!

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Zo posted:

Built a silver action zaku, but couldn't use the charge beam for poo poo. Seriously how do you effectively use that? Missing a shot is devastating with the reload.

Switched to regular beam rifle F type and it's been great. Including a 10-kill streak on a space map (and many many assists). Finally I can go pew pew pew!

Using the 3-pt burst is advisable with the glorious, pussy gettin' wet mobile suit known as the Act Zaku. Also, the bullpup gets the women as well. In all seriousness, the 3-pt burst is almost always the best option and the bullpup is great. But use whatever works best for you.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

CassiusW posted:

Using the 3-pt burst is advisable with the glorious, pussy gettin' wet mobile suit known as the Act Zaku. Also, the bullpup gets the women as well. In all seriousness, the 3-pt burst is almost always the best option and the bullpup is great. But use whatever works best for you.

I've been using a 3-pt burst rifle on my FS for forever and a half, and switching to beam rifle act zaku instantly doubled my number of kills, feels like. I don't know, it just fits my playstyle better.

As an aside, I had to swap in a prototype zaku for deck cost reasons, and prototype zaku with level 3 bazooka trait and a fully upgraded 3-shot bazooka is amazing. I.. actually get loads of kills as a support, from a safe range! Even took down a GM 1v1 once.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

Don't use charged beams if your suit isn't beam shooter traited. (Exceptions; Zock and Juagg. They can't get beam shooter trait but have very high base charged beam damage.)

B3 is straight up better for getting kills, charged beams are meant for the stagger/aerial knockdown utility. They have nice burst damage if you are beam shooter traited and are meh otherwise.

If you're doing fine with beam rifle F, B3 may feel awkward for you. B3 is better at wrecking people up close, F is easier to use at medium range.

I run charged beam F on my action zaku(beam shooter traited) and score pretty well with it, it's the suit that gets me to top 10 scorewise usually. Check my replays if you want to confirm this :v:.

I'll admit that I heavily customized it, it has max damage and reload as well as 840m effective range or so. It's a gun that's worth 9(Get 1 silver crit) gold mechanic tickets in my opinion. I have beam shooter 5 so a full charge is (330*1.5*1.15)569 damage. It can 2 shot lesser GMs and 3 shot gundams. Without trait and max customized damage, (330*1.5) it does 495 damage which can 3 shot lesser GMs. Given the time to charge up, this is one shot too many in most fights.

Typically I just lock-on to an opponent then lead a little bit and fire a charged shot. Compared to normal beams, charged beam shots are fat, fast, and can pierce multiple mobile suits.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I wont be on much besides co-op these next few weeks. I need to focus on my school work and projects. So sorry if you guys don't see much of me.

• Locked thread