Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

The people complaining in fb (for blocking HK up) are awesome. Internet lawyer at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am in texas and not affected, it owns.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Seems IP block is gone.

Also here is what you will see playing in taiwan

Everywhere you go, there will be 5 support bots placing healing stations and radar pods five feet from the last.

I placed one behind a wall, some taiwan guy put one to the right, one to the left, and bailed.

They all seem to love the lovely long duration ones.

I started putting mine farther away and people learn real fast what super repair pods are.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I can't seem to get in anymore, it keeps just throwing me back into the main log in screen at random intervals.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I can't seem to get in anymore, it keeps just throwing me back into the main log in screen at random intervals.

The attacks are still on going I believe. They are under maintenance right now for another 3 hours. Hopefully they fix the issues by then.

Is there an active English population in the JP server? If this goes on, I might as well just go to the JP server.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

wfwon posted:

The attacks are still on going I believe. They are under maintenance right now for another 3 hours. Hopefully they fix the issues by then.

Is there an active English population in the JP server? If this goes on, I might as well just go to the JP server.

Oh, that explains it then. Who the gently caress is even attacking an old, relatively unpopular game anyway? What's the point?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nuebot posted:

Oh, that explains it then. Who the gently caress is even attacking an old, relatively unpopular game anyway? What's the point?

People will quit and play something else. If you're not going to be prosecuted an easy way to gain a competitive advantage is to shut down your competition via hostile offshore DDoSing.

Also possibly mainland china in general being historically mega butthurt at taiwan and japan.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

After the extended maintence, taiwan is finally back up.

Enjoy your new DX tickets.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

After the extended maintence, taiwan is finally back up.

Enjoy your new DX tickets.

I just popped in to say this. Time to reap my rewards for getting those 40 wins.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Annnnd its down for me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yah I am in space texas and apparently can connect.

Everyone else seems to be having issues.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yah I am in space texas and apparently can connect.

Everyone else seems to be having issues.

If I feel like retrying for half an hour straight I can reconnect :shrug: I hope they can do something about this poo poo.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Nuebot posted:

If I feel like retrying for half an hour straight I can reconnect :shrug: I hope they can do something about this poo poo.

On the upside, when you can get in you're gonna get a guaranteed gold from the DX machine! Starting to feel like a phone game where I'm more excited for server fuckups than playing just for free gacha spins.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
These players are so much worse than the Japanese old guard players. The lower latency means I can actually play assaults and just cleave through entire teams.

I miss my two Zaku II F2s though. I can't wombo combo people with the instakill combos if I don't have the not-panzerfaust.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

On the upside, when you can get in you're gonna get a guaranteed gold from the DX machine! Starting to feel like a phone game where I'm more excited for server fuckups than playing just for free gacha spins.

True. But on the other hand, down time means I can't earn my 40 wins. I wonder what the next DX gacha will have.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

What its guaranteed gold from a dx machine now?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

The Bunny posted:

What its guaranteed gold from a dx machine now?

If you do a 10 roll on the Taiwan DX machine you get a red box every time. I got a gold Efreet and a gold Zock from the 30 whole minutes I got to log in this morning.

It also looks like they put the IP block back up for now. So get ready for more DX tickets and even fewer chances to spend them!

XENA I LOVE YOU fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 23, 2016

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

It also looks like they put the IP block back up for now. So get ready for more DX tickets and even fewer chances to spend them!

So does it work if you connect through VPN, or are they still getting DDOSed into oblivion?

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

I managed to get in after trying a few times. But that was like half an hour ago.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I'm able to get through to pilot selection every now and then, but it goes to a white screen and then kicks back to the log in menu like what normally happens when you disconnect.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

gently caress it, bought a VPN, gonna go play the JP server.

Anyone know how much are their gashapon (or MB or whatever the cash currency is?).

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

If you bought a VPN, you should make sure you bought mudfish.

I gave someone 2 dollars for it a few years ago and they still haven't spend all of that money.

also for Taiwan people, someone on 4chan posted this for mudfish

http://i.4cdn.org/m/1471978368909.jpg

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Server under attack

I am taking pictures of bad taiwanese supports

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Aug 25, 2016

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Server under attack

Is there even a day where the server isn't being attacked.....

Also, just started the JP server and the queue (for 50 v 50) seems to be longer compared to the tw server. I wonder if it is because JP have a lower pop or if it is because of the factions locked match...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

wfwon posted:

Is there even a day where the server isn't being attacked.....

Also, just started the JP server and the queue (for 50 v 50) seems to be longer compared to the tw server. I wonder if it is because JP have a lower pop or if it is because of the factions locked match...

:negative: it was fine yesterday, now it's taking me forever to get in again. Oh well at least it looks like they're giving us more crazy compensation again.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Nuebot posted:

:negative: it was fine yesterday, now it's taking me forever to get in again. Oh well at least it looks like they're giving us more crazy compensation again.

Oh, they announced the compensations already? I don't think they have given us anything for the down time couple days ago as well.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

wfwon posted:

Oh, they announced the compensations already? I don't think they have given us anything for the down time couple days ago as well.

They gave out like 10 dx tickets and a ton of gp.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

randombattle posted:

They gave out like 10 dx tickets and a ton of gp.

That was for the first wave. They've been saying in all recent downtime posts that we're suppose to get more compensation.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

That was for the first wave. They've been saying in all recent downtime posts that we're suppose to get more compensation.

With any luck I can get more gundams. I will have all gundam load out.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Been routinely pulling in placements in the mid teens, and I expect that to get better as I get better poo poo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

randombattle posted:

With any luck I can get more gundams. I will have all gundam load out.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Blue Destiny Unit 1 is coming tomorrow (for tw), and current units from the gashapon (Heavy Gundam, Gelgoog etc) will be taken down tomorrow as well.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

wfwon posted:

Blue Destiny Unit 1 is coming tomorrow (for tw), and current units from the gashapon (Heavy Gundam, Gelgoog etc) will be taken down tomorrow as well.

Awesome, I was just talking about wanting Blue Destiny and someone laughed and said it would never happen. In your face, that guy. Any word on the GP gacha? I still don't have a gold zogok from that.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Awesome, I was just talking about wanting Blue Destiny and someone laughed and said it would never happen. In your face, that guy. Any word on the GP gacha? I still don't have a gold zogok from that.

They didn't say anything about GP Gacha, but they just announced G-3 gundam as well. Prob going to announce one more for the gacha , just like last timd

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Are the servers down for maintenance? I can't get into the main site anymore to see.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

they are adding poo poo to the gashakon and I am patching so yah. Sure.

You can get to the main site via not the launcher but most of the details they put up are on their facebook. Main site also has a "are you a bot" check now which is why it probably fails on the launcher.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here are the new suits being added to taiwan

http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?ヒ&%2312523;&%2312489;&%2312523;&%2312502;
http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?陸&%2325126;&%2324375;&%2335186;&%2322411;&%2312460;&%2312531;&%2312479;&%2312531;&%2312463;
http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?&#124...464;&%2312464;J
http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?G-3ガ&%2312531;&%2312480;&%2312512;
http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?ガ&%2312523;&%2312496;&%2312523;&%2312487;&%2312451;&%23945;
http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?グ&%2312501;&%2312539;&%2312501;&%2312521;&%2312452;&%2312488;&%2312479;&%2312452;&%2312503;

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Your links don't work. New gundams any good?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

poo poo gently caress poo poo gently caress

Gouf flight type
Girbaldi Alpha
G-3 Gundam
Dedicated Gelgoog J
Land battle assault type guntank
Hildorfr

flight type is pretty good so are both of the new tanks

I don't even remember the G-3 gundam since it looks like every other GM. Gelgoog J is an expensive stupid suit. I guess it could be ok.

girbaldi alpha is one of those suits you wonder why anyone takes out since it looks like rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Such lame zeon suits.

• Locked thread