Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gouf Flight Type has the highest jump of any unit (that I know of) and thus makes a pretty good bomb carrier since it can go where a lot of other poo poo can't. It also has the absolutely brutal charge gatling.

Hildolfr is really fat but is impossible to knock down and comes with all the usual heavy support goodies, including net guns and incendiary howitzers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Nuebot posted:

Such lame zeon suits.

loving what?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

randombattle posted:

loving what?

Okay the Hildolfer is rad like pretty much everything else to come out of IGLOO.

EDIT: Has the server been down literally all day? Or am I crazy? :negative: my daily tickets!

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 30, 2016

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

People in discord/game were saying Zaku I Sniper is probably the better sniping unit in game. I have never played Zaku I Sniper, but why is it better than some of the later units in game (especially since you start off with it)?

Edit: or were they saying Zaku IIF Sniper, I don't remember

wfwon fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 30, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
On the JP server it is a little different so I am going to start with that bit.

Every suit has a deck cost. Your deck cost goes up as you rank up. This deck cost is a good limiting factor to stop new players and some experienced players from bringing only high cost suits.

The early snipers are cheaper in deck cost so they tend to do ok for that.

The next part is what weapons they get. You can compare this on the jap wiki on the sniper comparison page, but the hardest hitting single shot rifles are the 135mm anti-ship rifle / 75mm sniper rifle and the LBR/BSR. They hit for 8000-8800 power. Remember to divide by 10 for damage.

The 135mm / 75mm are on the GM sniper, GM sniper custom, Zaku I sniper, and Zaku II F sniper. The LBR/BSR is on the gm sniper armed enhanced and the zaku I sniper commander.

These are also very cheap suits to bring.

There are some other weapons that are pretty good damage wise but for most of those suits you have to pay a huge increase in respawn time / deck cost.

They are good starter suits.

Once later snipers come out these guys kinda go away, but that hasn't happened yet. I mean we got the Gelgoog J but it is really just a high HP, high spawn time mediocre sniper. It has a beam rifle that does 18,000 if you charge it up for a long time. Congrats on your loud flash light.

Also I might want to mention how easy a zaku I sniper is to get compared to a gelgoog J.

Also, since some people in taiwan didn't know this, turn off the music. If you hear a pinging sound, that means the enemy has a radar station that has picked you up. You can also hear charge bazookas around corners.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I really liked my gelgoog J for its mobility :<

Checked the jp bbses and man the jp version isn't doing well at all. Player population is at historical lows, hitting 6000s this week (earlier this year was over 10k). Rip in peace i guess.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

the later suits really hosed balance up

If they had a generation mode like warthunder it would probably do better

They got that but it is only for the weekend and the balance in that is totally hosed up too.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Zo posted:

I really liked my gelgoog J for its mobility :<

Checked the jp bbses and man the jp version isn't doing well at all. Player population is at historical lows, hitting 6000s this week (earlier this year was over 10k). Rip in peace i guess.

The Gelgoog J rules because it plays like a heavy hammer that just happens to have a sniper icon. The hardest ones for me to fight are still the ones that are up on the frontlines spraying people with that beam machinegun.

It's also why decking out a gold Zaku 2 sniper with a shotgun and heathawk is fun, it plays nothing like people expect and you can make melee units really sad.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just got a grey Guard GM. This good for anything? It seems like it's primarily intended to sit on a point.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

-Troika- posted:

I just got a grey Guard GM. This good for anything? It seems like it's primarily intended to sit on a point.

Run the shield gattling and the dual beam sprays and you can murder anything up close. I rolled the gold print of this earlier and it's hilarious. I highly recommend getting the dual sprays with the red modules if you don't have anything else that needs them.

XENA I LOVE YOU fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 30, 2016

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

On the JP server it is a little different so I am going to start with that bit.

Every suit has a deck cost. Your deck cost goes up as you rank up. This deck cost is a good limiting factor to stop new players and some experienced players from bringing only high cost suits.

The early snipers are cheaper in deck cost so they tend to do ok for that.

The next part is what weapons they get. You can compare this on the jap wiki on the sniper comparison page, but the hardest hitting single shot rifles are the 135mm anti-ship rifle / 75mm sniper rifle and the LBR/BSR. They hit for 8000-8800 power. Remember to divide by 10 for damage.

The 135mm / 75mm are on the GM sniper, GM sniper custom, Zaku I sniper, and Zaku II F sniper. The LBR/BSR is on the gm sniper armed enhanced and the zaku I sniper commander.

These are also very cheap suits to bring.

There are some other weapons that are pretty good damage wise but for most of those suits you have to pay a huge increase in respawn time / deck cost.

They are good starter suits.

Once later snipers come out these guys kinda go away, but that hasn't happened yet. I mean we got the Gelgoog J but it is really just a high HP, high spawn time mediocre sniper. It has a beam rifle that does 18,000 if you charge it up for a long time. Congrats on your loud flash light.

Also I might want to mention how easy a zaku I sniper is to get compared to a gelgoog J.

Also, since some people in taiwan didn't know this, turn off the music. If you hear a pinging sound, that means the enemy has a radar station that has picked you up. You can also hear charge bazookas around corners.

What is a good sniper suit in the JP server? I will have to start saving my DX tickets / haro coins when they are released in tw. Also, in terms of stats and weapons, is the zaku I sniper the same as the GM sniper? I manage to get 5 gold GM sniper bp and not a single Zaku I Sniper bp.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
The best sniper suit in JP is the Action Zaku Sniper or the Unit 4 Gundam Sniper, since they are mirrors of each other. if you mean the 220 cost gm sniper than yes, it's a mirror of the zaku 1 sniper. the newest DX suits in Taiwan opened up a lot of poo poo that didn't really exist before, so be really careful of the Gouf Flight and Assault guntank in particular. The Gouf Flight jumps almost twice as high as a regular suit does, while having a poo poo ton of boost capacity and a charge gatling that will ruin your day. the Assault guntank will go at you like the incredibly small race car it is, and open up with flamethrowers to stop you from boosting away while it murders you with double gatling guns (it also introduces a new type of mine that look like smaller ammo boxes so keep your eyes open.).

Also it wasn't mentioned above that both the GM Sniper Custom, the GM Sniper II and the Zaku IIf Sniper get the charge 1800 damage rifle as well, if you actually want to play sniper and do extremely well until the Act/Unit 4 come out those are your suits of choice. Charge snipers will instantly kill all the non gelgoog J snipers currently in Taiwan, so you usually just play anti sniper and then clean up when you don't see any of those around.

If anyone gets the Gouf Flight I recommend taking it into maneuvers and figuring out poo poo you can jump on/over to get into more advantageous positions, or rat. the charge gatling gun it gets does a pretty ludicrous amount of damage. It's one of Zeon's best assaults even in JP so especially for now in Taiwan you can do extremely well with it as long as you play carefully.

Unusual fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 30, 2016

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

You know what's a pretty good suit?

A Gundam.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well I can't play right now, my computer seems to be loving up and any game I play thinks it's a great idea to take up 90% of the cpu and I get single digit fps.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

randombattle posted:

You know what's a pretty good suit?

A Gundam.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

not pictured the gundam just shooting a FA beam rifle and killing the zaku before the clackers can hit

then the gundam says he has potential and gives him a wedding ring

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Once the Big Haro enters the DX machine, nothing can stop the Federation.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
So after getting annoyed at the Googs/RX-78s and their automatic beam rifles I looked up a decent AutoHotkey script that can be used with many of the single fire beam and bullet weapons in the game. These single fire versions have more damage, increased ammo capacity, and more range than their 3 round burst or automatic counterparts. This script really helps level the playing field at this point in the Taiwanese version of the game. If nothing else this script saves your fingers from aching,.

code:
Ins::Suspend
*~LButton::
    While GetKeyState("LButton", "P"){
        Click
        Sleep 50  ;  milliseconds
    }
return
Insert key pauses the script for UI interactions and weapon switching and the wildcard operator on LButton allows use when boosting.

I've used it with the following MS with good success:

Also can be used very well with the Ground Gundam's beam rifle, and any other MS that uses a single fire weapon with a high rate of fire, especially a beam one.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

You could always use your superior speed and reflexes to dodge.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just back off from people with full auto beam rifles until they blow their load. They arn't the most accurate of weapons.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I got a rainbow on the DX gacha on TW server but it was Guncannon SML :negative:

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
I spent a few of my dx tickets and got a proto gundam and gelgoog. But people have been saving their dx tickets for gundams. What gundams are you guys saving up for and what makes them worth it. I heard GLA and Kampfers.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Well 10 tickets is guaranteed red box so it's worth doing that at least.

Every later DX will add something good so I'd say get whatever speaks to you.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I rolled a gold Gabaldy Alpha and, more importantly, a gold Ground Gundam. :toot:

Ground Gundam is basically garbage without the FA beam rifle so I am a happy man.

e: rolled weak shooter on the Gabaldy and Beam Shooter on the Ground Gundam :toot::toot::toot:

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 6, 2016

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

One of the next mobile suit coming out next week will be MS-08TX Exam Efreet Custom....more melee suits

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I mean the pixy is already in. There's not really any more melee to fear.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Where are you seeing the next gundam lists? How did people get the pixies? I don't think it was ever on the getchas.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any real point to using the Dom Tropen's sturm fausts? It's F type bazooka does similar damage and is reloadable. It's a lot heavier, true, but on the other hand it's not like the Dom Tropen has weight issues.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Is there any real point to using the Dom Tropen's sturm fausts? It's F type bazooka does similar damage and is reloadable. It's a lot heavier, true, but on the other hand it's not like the Dom Tropen has weight issues.

Dom Tropen is a great suit to do the sturm into melee combo, you generally bring Sturm Fs or Sturm Ws with the ammo module for an extra if you bring them though.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I mean the point behind the sturms is just a guaranteed kill or big base damage. Like a suicide run.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

The tw server also announced Ground Gundam (6th MS Team ver) and Mudrock gundam for the next gacha. Should be pretty interesting

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

after 2016/9/13 (b) Maintenance - 2016/9 front / 27 (b) maintain and update the super toy machine merchandise. Added content: Full Armor (FA) Gundam (Hong Kong Translation: Full Armor (FA) up) Yifulite change Gundam No.6 (Hong Kong Translation: up to 6 machines) High Mobility Type Jieerguge (Hong Kong Translation : high-mobile Grew Cyangugu) Marine steel shells (Hong Kong translation: Marine type up) (06 squad official sample)

Holy crap the Full Armor gundam. The one with the double beam rifle guns and missles? Also the Type 6 has a 2000 damage mortar. I dunno what the Marine steel shells would be. Also some nice events.

Hello Dear players: Luna base resupply operations to take advantage of Mid-Autumn Festival, I hope that the pilots can get more support in the festival, the relevant activities of supplies, please refer to the following detailed description. [Project] daily supplement arms Time: 2016/9/13 ~ 2016/9/19 activities and rules: a large-scale war on a daily basis, you can get the corresponding day of reward. - September 13 Reward: Great success strengthen Saver * 3 - 9 Yue 14 Ri Bonus: 20,000GP - 9 Yue 15 Ri rewards: the body ENHANCEMENT Saver * 3 - September 16 Bonus: Super Mini Securities * 2 (Mid-Autumn Festival section extra overweight) - 9 Yue 17 Ri bonus: special weapons to strengthen Saver * 3 - 9 Yue 18 Ri reward: advanced coating gun * 3 - 9 Yue 19 Ri Reward: 20,000GP can pick out from a gift box. [Large-scale war fought reward] Time: 2016/9/13 ~ 2016/9/19 activities and rules: During the event, the corresponding number of large-scale fighting the war over, will receive a reward. Challenge> Events reached a total prize - twice reached: body ENHANCEMENT Saver * 3 - 4 times to reach: Super Mini Saver * 1 - 6 Complete: Great success strengthen Saver * 1 [Mid-Autumn special events - to strengthen the chances of promotion] Activity : 2016/9/15 ~ 2016/9/18, 20:00:00 - 23:59:59 nightly activities and rules: during the event limited to within the Mid-Autumn Festival, strengthen the use of the system will enhance the success of [] and [ big chance of success] [activity toy Limited Release] time: 016/9/13 (ii) after maintenance ~ 2016/9/20 (ii) for maintenance activities and rules: during the event, a large-scale war fighting combat settlement evaluation C and above, will be available directly [] an activity toy coupons, and random drawing after the settlement will have a chance to get another toy coupon [activity]. Toy props [Activity] Drop Time Saver: - after 2016/9/13 (b) Maintenance ~ 2016/9/20 (b) Maintenance - Activities toy machine shutdown time: 2016/9/27 (b) before maintenance at the same time remaining [securities] activity toy in full deleted, earlier consumed. 【Attack! Ace pilots task] Time: 2016/9/13 (ii) after maintenance ~ 2016/9/18 (Japan) 23:59:59 Activities rule: Use up to FA (Taiwan translation: FA Gundam) to large-scale battle to reach the aircraft hit the falling number of conditions specified Keyihuode reward! The number of enemy planes destroyed 10: Strengthen the body characteristics coupons * 5 kill of the number reached 30: Master strengthen coupons * 5 kill of the number of 50 units: Master strengthen coupons * 5 * Rewards will 2016/9 / 20 (b) be paid for maintenance [10 super toy machine even pumping bonus] time: 2016/9/13 (ii) after maintenance ~ 2016/9/18 (Japan) 23:59:59 activities and rule: Events in the period super toy machine using {10} even pumping service number, you can get the corresponding number of reward yo. Use a toy machine Super 10 draw even reward: Masters strengthen coupon * 5 * 3 coupon to strengthen the body's characteristics using three Super Mini (10) connected pumping Reward: Masters strengthen coupon * 10, * 10 coupon to strengthen the body's characteristic use 5 super Mini (10) connected pumping Reward: Great success strengthen coupon * 5 * 5 master unit 8 super Mini (10) connected pumping Reward: Great success strengthen coupon * 10, * 8 master device * super twist 10 egg machine even pumping eight times, will receive all the rewards. * Rewards will 2016/9/20 (ii) to distribute them during maintenance.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Unusual posted:

Dom Tropen is a great suit to do the sturm into melee combo, you generally bring Sturm Fs or Sturm Ws with the ammo module for an extra if you bring them though.

Okay, yeah, that is actually compelling, especially since mine has the Combat Custom trait.

And since Dom Tropen has a super easy to hit with D saber.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 12, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, the new poo poo.

High mobility Gelgoog: good. It has a great dual wield melee that is super easy to hit with, is fast, and also has the usual suite of Gelgoog weapons as well as a large shield with beam coating.
Heavy Gundam: It's main gimmick is having the double barrel charge beams. I believe that all of it's weapons are also instant switch, which can make it very obnoxious to fight.
Land Battle Gundam (06th Platoon Spec): I'm not positive that this is what we're getting, as it could be Gundam Unit 6 instead, but I rate it as likely based on the translation. This thing is basically a mirror to the Zaku IIFz and it's gimmick is having a chargeable melee weapon that will deal a lot of damage. So if you see one of these with a Gundam Hammer spinning around it's head and hear the charged weapon noise, back the gently caress off and shoot it.
Efreet Kai: It's an Efreet, with twin heat swords and EXAM, and also nifty leg missiles! Very fun unit.
Gundam Unit 6: I'm providing this alternate since we MIGHT be getting it based on the translation but I'm not positive. gently caress you Chinese. Anyways. This thing is the artillery cancer, as the gold BP has a weapon that ignores those little AA guns that workers put down. It's also one of the fastest arty units. Unlike most arty units that arn't the Zaku Tank, this is actually worth using if you like shelling poo poo. Those of you who played Zeonic Front might remember this as that thing that you instantly killed with a Dom :v:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I am 99% sure it's the mudrock and not the 06th platoon spec ground gundam.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

:rip: Mudrock. This is the only game it shows up in that it doesn't get loving stomped instantly.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

randombattle posted:

I am 99% sure it's the mudrock and not the 06th platoon spec ground gundam.

I checked the TW server facebook and it looks like we're getting both. There's no picture of the Gelgoog HMT there, but it's mentioned in the patch notes so ???

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

just check this later on

http://msol.goone.tw/gasha04.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Do you still need a VPN to play this game? I was looking at taking a shot at it.

• Locked thread