Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's much better than the japanese version because it shits out suits and stuff at an insane rate if you jump in now during the launch events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Big problem is the japanese exchange is more fair than the taiwan one, but still unfair.

For exchange suits, we have to roll the DX and earn haro coins for them. We can get 4 exchange DX tickets per month.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

For now yeah but on the same note the new pilot gacha has a super small table with ground gundams, goufs, and pretty much all of the best suits atm.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Stanley Pain posted:

I kinda wish my computer didn't bluescreen trying to play this :shobon: :china:

are you on windows 7 or lower? Whats the BSOD message if so. If you're on 8 or 10 good fuckign luck figuring out whats wrong.

randombattle posted:

For now yeah but on the same note the new pilot gacha has a super small table with ground gundams, goufs, and pretty much all of the best suits atm.

They're all silver tho.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Silvers can give you golds if you play well enough, and gently caress, silvers are good enough.

Boat and I did just fine in gold tier with silvers.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

New gachas are out and they give out like 8 dx tickets. Got a gold hygogg and gm head ground gundam. Sadly did not get heavy gundam. QQ

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I'm definitely going to play this, what's the deal with all this Taiwan and Japanese version shits? Which one should I join if I plan to start right now? I don't really care about getting gundams, I like my mono-eyed zeon suits.

EDIT: :shepface: turns out I needed a number for the game name. Now it's downloading, hooray.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 16, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yah check like one page back

your second username is for their cash shop website and needs to have at least 1 number in it

japans version is more up to date, farther in the time line, more suits, and requires a vpn

taiwan version has less suits, just came out, a lot of new players, and no vpn required

The gashakons are also different where japan has them split to have only a few suits each but the taiwan version they are all pooled together in giant gashakons

Also the taiwan version is cross faction where japan is zeon or federation

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks, I went with Taiwan anyway because I didn't feel like bothering with a VPN :effort: being able to be there when the cool suits come out, assuming I stick with it, will be cool too. I'll have to give the OP a good read over before I play.

Third World Reggin posted:

your second username is for their cash shop website and needs to have at least 1 number in it
So I log in with the first one or whatever then? Bonezone420 if anyone was curious.

Anyway, should I just be dumping all my GP into the gacha or something? Not really sure what I should be doing with that right now. For now I'm just hoarding everything and trying to get enough ranks to join a guild.

EDIT: Well that was a productive first go, sent in my application thing to COLONYDROP I think, spent some of the red and green tickets, got a gold gacha ticket. I think I might hoard my gold ones for when the Efreet Kai comes along so I can cry when I don't get that. Fun game though, I expected it to be super laggy but it wasn't.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 16, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Microwaves Mom posted:

are you on windows 7 or lower? Whats the BSOD message if so. If you're on 8 or 10 good fuckign luck figuring out whats wrong.

They're all silver tho.

Page fault in non paged area via CPS.sys, HyC is having a bluescreen as well. Same faulting module but irql_not_less_or_equal bluescreen instead. Both of which are fairly generic. He's on Win 7, I'm on Win 10. The only thing common between our two machines is K series Intel procs.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I still think the problem might be fixed by uninstalling the language packs and reinstalling them.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Anybody have tips for melee? I suck at close combat. I have no chance fighting the gundams with the dual daggers.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Change your minimap to the close up with V
Learn the maps, learn where people hide around corners
Dash attack
Raise your boost stat and weight limit to get extra boost
Bring two weapons, not three
Go into practice mode and learn how your dash attack and normal attacks work.
Some basic melee attacks are 1-2 combos, some are 1-2-3, and the arcs are different. This is based on your melee weapon and the variation of the weapon.

So you may have 4 heat hawks that all have slightly different attacks.

Some dash attacks are spins with dead zones. Some are only on one side. You will have to learn that.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Stanley Pain posted:

Page fault in non paged area via CPS.sys, HyC is having a bluescreen as well. Same faulting module but irql_not_less_or_equal bluescreen instead. Both of which are fairly generic. He's on Win 7, I'm on Win 10. The only thing common between our two machines is K series Intel procs.

yeah no idea whats goin on there. Try the reinstall like suggested.

E:

Also play the Taiwan version of the game. No VPN required, everyone gets all the suits so theres no imbalance faction bullshit. Its really rewarding for newcomers right now.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Hmm I got everything from the blue new recruit gatcha and now I'm wondering if I should save my 15 tickets for another blue one.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

The Bunny posted:

Anybody have tips for melee? I suck at close combat. I have no chance fighting the gundams with the dual daggers.

For melee the best advice anyone can give you is buy every melee variation for your suit, and go into maneuvers to test it against either the ai, or a friendly healing post at one of the bases to learn how the swing works, and what the hit box is like. unless you are using a higher end melee suit you should probably open up with a bazooka f direct hit, which should stagger or kneel most targets (or knock them out of the air if airborne) and then you can combo with a regular swing. It gets a little boring but practice every swing for a bit so you know how the hit box works at all distances, a lot of the dash attacks only hit on one direction for most of the distance then end on a near 180 swing to the other direction. The other big piece of advice I can give is keep your shield up and try to get your balance pretty high if you want a dedicated melee suit, with good balance you can take a hit on the chin while only losing your shield, and then do a quick 180 and kill the guy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cool I got in to the guild. The green option is Guild chat right? The guild thing has a glowing ! over it though and I don't know what to do.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There is a tab in the guild menu with two pages, a zeon and federation one.

This is the stolen suit page. You will need to select one, put points into it, then hit the brown (earth) and purple (space) buttons.

On those maps, after you die, you can pull those suits out if you have spent enough points on them.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

How is the zaku I sniper compared to the GM one you get at the beginning? I have been trying to draw the GM sniper II, but I have horrible luck...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh right I Also got a free Gouf but it's got a green text over it, does that mean it's only temporary or something?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

randombattle posted:

Hmm I got everything from the blue new recruit gatcha and now I'm wondering if I should save my 15 tickets for another blue one.

thats my plan.

Nuebot posted:

Oh right I Also got a free Gouf but it's got a green text over it, does that mean it's only temporary or something?

yup its a trial suit essentially to give you an idea about the unit

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Game lagged out hard and now I can't connect again. Anyone else or is it just me?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nuebot posted:

Game lagged out hard and now I can't connect again. Anyone else or is it just me?

might be just you workin fine for me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

might be just you workin fine for me.

Probably, I got back in later. :shrug: now I'm trying to figure out the daily challenge and failing.

EDIT: Is there any reason to not have two pilots?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There isn't a reason to have two pilots

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So how do you get more blue tickets?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I think you are talking about the garage tickets and not the blue gashakon tickets.

You will get them from playing. From joining a guild. Doing dailys. All sorts of ways.

I am up to 23 suit slots at the moment and haven't paid a dime.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

I think you are talking about the garage tickets and not the blue gashakon tickets.

You will get them from playing. From joining a guild. Doing dailys. All sorts of ways.

I am up to 23 suit slots at the moment and haven't paid a dime.

The blue gacha, I should have specified.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Same way. I think you can get some after battle. Some of us have gotten the entire thing plus 1 extra ticket.

Maybe daily. I know we got batches of 10 for starter cheevos.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I've finally started getting into upgrades and weapon poo poo, is there any kind of guide to what stats I should be focusing on?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Trying it out and... there is a Jesta in the tutorial. Can you actually get it in the game?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

upgrading weapons is pretty simple.

Go for damage mostly.

If you got a high lock on variant, get lock on to above 900 for close combat fighting.

Missiles have different speeds and turning radiuses based on the variant. There is also a distance for how far they go which is nice if you get lock on range modules. Still damage is king here.

Bazookas, artillery, and howitzers have an explosion radius that can be important, but still damage is king.

Every suit has a balance rating which is based on the weight of the weapons it carries vs its capacity stat. You see this at the top in green. The more balance a suit has, the harder it is to knock them down or stagger them.

High alpha damage staggers or knocks down things like crazy. That is why you do damage, so you can get a second hit in. Melee suits will only carry 1 or 2 weapons to try to prevent being knocked down.

High balance also gives a bonus to speed.

If you go the bazooka route, make sure you have an internal weapon to switch to while you bazooka is reloading. It will help you survive.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 18, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Weissritter posted:

Trying it out and... there is a Jesta in the tutorial. Can you actually get it in the game?

In the japanese version you can.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
I don't know if anyone posted it here, but on Taiwan do not spend your DX unless you are doing a 10 shot, since it seems like at least for now a ten shot is a guaranteed gold print.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Unusual posted:

I don't know if anyone posted it here, but on Taiwan do not spend your DX unless you are doing a 10 shot, since it seems like at least for now a ten shot is a guaranteed gold print.

Yeah I wish I did that.

:negative:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Unusual posted:

I am infinitely torn between getting something now, or waiting for something I really want. Those DX tickets seem to be coming in at a slow trickle for me.

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
What the heck happened while I was gone? Am I going to have to reinstall this again?

Edit: Oh, I see... well I guess I'm downloading this chinese version. Here's hoping for an english SEA version some day. Because we all know Bandai doesn't care about North America or Europe. That's why my copy of Gundam Breaker 3 is from Singapore!

Hornet fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 19, 2016

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I am infinitely torn between getting something now, or waiting for something I really want. Those DX tickets seem to be coming in at a slow trickle for me.

Well I risked it and got a good hygogg which is hands down my best suit. I'd save up though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

so in the guild chat people were talking about codes for the Quebeley or some poo poo, what's the deal with that? Are there any item codes you can find for free for free poo poo?

EDIT: also why is it that I can't get any height on boosts?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Height on boosts is pretty small for most guys. You need to use both boost and dash.

Except on space or in water where you just look up.

For those playing taiwan

quote:

hello Dear players for at 1:00 on August 22 during the "Mobile Suit Gundam Online" / "Mobile Suit Gundam Online" Unable to connect server abnormal situation, it was determined again by overseas connection block attacks, and has determined targets from Hong Kong and other overseas regions, in a short time in order to stop the attack, the barrier will take immediate temporary license elsewhere IP connection, in addition to the current players in Taiwan, other parts of the game players will not be able to sign in, bringing players the inconvenience caused by the operations team second extreme apologies. Currently affecting some players log in the game situation is a temporary connection, if the connection open for further recovery and other related information, the official website will immediately notice of, and compensation related to the content of the processing will be completed after the announcement, is hereby announced! Operations Team

• Locked thread