Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Am I doing something wrong in that I get the launcher, run it, click on gundam online and then the orange button to download and then the I only need to hit once more to patch? Every time I hit the button it looks like it downloads the whole game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Hmm I figured it didn't install right cause every time I do that I get an error initialize failed [code : -1] pop up.

edit, Yeah I dunno the shortcut just poops out that error code and the normal exe just tells me to launch it from the launcher in japanese.

Ok got it working. Apparently I had to switch my clock to japan time to patch. I'm in as rbattle

randombattle fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 31, 2013

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

stoutfish posted:

The starter zakus sure are bad.

Haha yeah seeing waves of hyper prototype full armor custom magnetic coat gundams pour over the hill towards me in my lovely trainer zaku is a bit disheartening. Still I have to admit even the lovely suits are useful with repair guns and artillery. Though some people seem a bit too polite I mean I appreaciate you saying thanks for the repairs but when there's dudes shooting at you then you really don't have to stop to hit it. I've seen dudes get killed stopping to say thanks in both real battles I was in.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Yeah I'll be on later tonight and more tomorrow.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

So is the only way to get blueprints from the capsule machines by getting a red box? I haven't had any luck getting anything from the gachapons.

Also I accepted friend requests but there was no guild invite in my mail unless there is a third mailbox I am missing.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Oh yeah I've mostly been putting a few tickets in at a time. Guess I will save up then. I did a 10 ticket one once but it just skipped all the animations and gave me a list of items I acquired.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Does it come up with an error?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

When I ran into an error there what I did was uninstall MGO then change my system clock to japan time to reinstall and patch. I had a different error but the problem might be the same. If you go to the launcher and hit the orange button does it patch or does the game start?

If it's working right you're still able to launch the game regardless of VPN and stuff.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Are the coop rewards a one time thing or is it weekly?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

CassiusW posted:

Dang I missed getting Dozle's Zaku? That thing is fancy looking. I think the only person who can outdo that is M'quve.

I think you have a little over a day left so you could get it if you grind hardcore.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Currently there's a bug where the type D axe goes straight through shields, dealing immediate direct damage to the mobile suit being struck.
E: Read up more of it, apparently if you click again you can cancel the boost attack recovery time with another attack. Yikes.

It will be hot fixed in tomorrow's maintenance though.

New event for next week is called "Gundam Online New Year's GP Battle". Apparently it will be a good time to make GP but no other details have been given.

If only they would hot fix federation gundam swarms.

:negative:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

They mass produced the RX-78-2 since Christmas but they aren't going to win this week's war.

I wonder why :unsmith:

It's cause our suits are cheaper. :smith:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Turns out we didn't even need to wait for the Big Zam to be mass produced!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

The haro items are like half of the reward board oh man one match is going to give you so much money now.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

YesManKablam posted:

Now I'm having the same problem that randombattle had with error code -1. As he had said, he changed his system clock to Japan time. Do I just change the timezone or is it something else? I remember having to do something akin to this with timezones or system languages a grand total of once a couple years ago so, no idea.

Yeah I had to change my time to jst to get everything to both install and patch right. Just goto the clock and change your timezone to utc +9 time zone. I don't know if it bugs out if you don't do it for a patch cause I did a clean install when I changed my clock and have thus done the same for this patch.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Golden makuku tank and silver gelgoog acquired! The time for punch is now! :ssj:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I punched a gundam to death who was trying to twin beam saber me. It was pretty great. Having all of the hp is pretty great as well.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Those were some tough fights with some hot blooded nuke carriers.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Al Borland posted:

I learned a very :negative: thing about feddies today. They get a suit the pre type GM that I would put on par with the act zaku in terms of performance. They get this suit as a starter and gold prints are basically the equivalent of the Zaku II J heavy unit. This suit is insane. It also gets 10 slots compared to the Acts 4.
The cost is basically 1/4th of an Act Zaku and the reuse time is insanely low.

God drat I hate feddies. They get beam charge rifles like candy on every suit. All we get it on is the Act Zaku. Which I will now be shooting for because holy crap charge beam rifles are the greatest thing ever.

Not only do they have superior beam technology but the Federation was apparently smart enough to realize that a big loving shield is pretty god drat useful so everything has one. Piddly rear end Zaku shield isn't really comparable.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Gelgoog's shield has anti-beam coating. Takes half damage from beam rifles and beam spray guns, giving it effectively 1820 HP(910*2) vs beams :laugh:

If only Zeon had the money to give everything Gelgoog shields they might die less to the gundam hordes.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sadly this patch isn't turning it into Zeonic Front. Still there are some suits that are going to benfit greatly from not having slots locked.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Oh crap I forgot about coop this week.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Al Borland posted:

I wont be on much besides co-op these next few weeks. I need to focus on my school work and projects. So sorry if you guys don't see much of me.
Ditto for me.

Not to mention youtube is now constantly giving me Gundam Online commercials before everything I watch. It knows too much.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Last 2 weeks. The people most likely to use it were Wolf GM users, if you feel you've been getting insta-gibbed often lately its because of that.

Damnit I loving wondered why my Makaku was getting shredded every time all of a sudden.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Did you change your timezone to Japan? I have to do that or it doesn't patch right.

Also some of the new suits in the balance patch have been posted. M'Quve Custom Gouf! Commander Zaku Sniper loadout! A makaku that's support for some reason!

randombattle fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jan 24, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think those are going to be in with the balance patch on the 29th. But there's some useful stuff in the ex gachapon so you definitely want to get as much in as possible for those suits.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Where does the problem happen? Like does the game launch and die before server select or does the launcher time out?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sounds like a problem with your VPN. If you use wtfast try just picking a vpn from tokyo instead of letting it pick the best one. I sometimes have some problems when it does that. If you don't use wtfast I dunno cause it's the only one I've used.

If that doesn't work try repatching in the launcher.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Man that's strange I dunno what could be the solution be beyond reinstalling it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I really wish I had a cannon over my high-mobility type. That thing is made of paper and is not actually faster then a normal Gelgoog anyway.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

The double blender is real sweet but it pales in comparison to the gundam spins.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I'm still not entirely sure what the plan was in 83.

Step 1: steal nuke and gundam
Step 2: nuke part of federation fleet
Step 3: use nuke as distraction
Step 4: drop a colony on that bitch
Step 5: that was a pretty sweet explosion right?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Also, Acguy can't be headshotted at all.

I don't get this at all. He's all head! It should be 100% headshots!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Have you seen the Acguy kill:death statistics? It was easily Zeon's worst assault!

Have you seen the Acguy?

That makes sense.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Jokes on you guys they had most of the patch data up while maintenance was going on so you could have done must of it then.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

The real question is Zaku Green or Shin Matsunaga colors for the HM Gelgoog..

The Makaku gets a Red Comet paint scheme but you need like 5 hella rare shits to do it

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Zeon sure is excited.

54% winning when I left for the night.

Also still gently caress aqua gundams and that god drat beam rifle they have.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think it's just you get one a day from the first battle you do.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

They mentioned changing the explosion radius system but I haven't really figured how it's different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sigh I bet they will nerf Zeon based on this week because they will just look at the win ratio and not that Federation is playing like garbage expecting one shots and bazooka spam to win.

• Locked thread