Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Put an order in for this on the Valerie Collective store, but it might never turn up based on the fact everything else is OOS and they pretty much tell you not to expect anything for a month. It was cheap at least, and if I get lucky it does look very pretty (I don't have any 7" vinyl in white, and the 12"s I have all look great)

Trying to put on a club night to incorporate this kind of stuff in the summer as a one off. Been a long time since I promoted and can't think of a way to do this well without losing money because of the niche nature and how competitive bars are here. Will be fun though, as it gives friends of mine an excuse to do sets of stuff they've not messed about with before and knock up some gnarly visuals in Final Cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

College and Power Glove both had 1,000 pressings of their records for RSD today. I didn't bother going, but my friend picked up the PG one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't have one either if that makes you feel better! I have no idea how many my local store got in stock, but I'm sure they were gone very quickly based on the pressing size alone. I was going to go until I saw the price lists, £52 for a Notorious BIG record? Sure I wanted it, but gently caress that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

People need to stop talking about that new Pertubator, but only because its in a pretty limited quantity and I want to make sure I get one.

Although the US allocation is separate from ROW, so Americans go wild.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah Carpenter is probably my favourite, his stuff is so layered and lush. Looking forward to being home and listening to that EP 3 preview. I also have his T-Shirt which is metal as gently caress.

My club night is happening on 18th August, headlined by Adeyhawke who is awesome. Planning on live streaming it for the rest of the world who can't make it to Wales on a whim.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

New Le Cassette is out. It's pretty great.

http://www.carnov.com/home/2014/7/10/telefuture-presents-le-cassettes-debut-release-left-to-our-own-devices-cassette-cd

My mate's label put out the new Sunglasses Kid, great summer track as ever from him

http://www.carnov.com/home/2014/7/5/sunglasses-kid-releases-bring-out-the-love-a-synthwave-summer-anthem

Carnov seems a pretty useful site, hasn't been around long but lots of updates. Worth a follow for new drop info and the like.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

M.Ciaster posted:

and this is probably the best Sellorekt/LA Dreams album I've listened to, really good for chillin in the mornin' (as a side note: holy poo poo these guys release a lot of albums, I mean goddamn)

Funnily enough I grabbed Mirrors this morning amongst some other LA Dreams I don't have, and yeah - the guy puts out like a new record every week it feels like. And somehow they're always really good. I'll stick this one on next then!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hidden Mother posted:

Where's this going on? Would be very interested in going to this if it's in Cardiff/Swansea.

You're in luck - Clwb Ifor Bach, Thursday 14th August (I keep thinking it's the 18th for some reason). Waiting for poster/art etc so I can get the Facebook group public and running, I'll make sure to throw you a note.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Invada have a sale on some of their items at the moment, a few things of interest especially if you're both a vinyl and College fan. Shipping might add up, even within the UK the Heritage box set added £10 on, but it's a nice set so hey.

http://invadarecords.bigcartel.com

Also have that Powerglove Farcry 3 record up there if you missed the RSD pink version like I did, just the standard one there. And the Under The Skin soundtrack which is pretty ace.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Finally my night is a thing that exists and can be publicised!

It'd be rad if interested people could jump on the Facebook page to show the locals this music style is something that should be paid attention to. In return we'll try to live stream if we can, but definitely put the mixes up for everyone to hear. Hopefully have some exclusives too, so we'll try make it worth your while!

https://www.facebook.com/electronicxhearts

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 1, 2014

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I made a quick promo video from a truly great* 80s movie with an Adeyhawke track behind it.

https://vimeo.com/102670616

*debatable.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jose Mengelez posted:

Cool, how'd it go?

It was a quiet, but fun, night. Really good sets, which I'm going to try get online as the field recorders we had did a great job of getting them down, and hoping to do something in the future again. A decent test run, and the DJ booth looked like an F1 pit stop when we swapped over from vinyl to CDJs to laptops in a single pass with no dropped beats. Aw yeah!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Drunk & Ugly posted:

is this the new thing the dumb gay children are listening to to pretend theyre cool

What? No, that's the releases on PC MUSIC. Please try keep up.

In other news, STARCADIAN has a new release out : https://starcadian.bandcamp.com/album/saturdaze

Hopefully this means another awesome video is on its way...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Brut is great, we throw Roller Mobster on as loud as possible so often... One of those layered tracks that just sounds awesome the louder it's played. The waveform is so brick walled it's hilarious. Showed it to a friend who's a professional production/mastering guy who says there's no reason for it to be like that at all. I guess Brut just does it for his own enjoyment.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think the Bandcamp email saying it was live getting to me just after I went to bed was definitely a spiteful move. But it means I get to spend the morning blasting out I and II at sickening volume before III starts, and I can't wait until it kicks in. Have only seen the preview video and heard the track he released the other week so far.

Can't wait for the vinyl to come in, hopefully it won't be too horrendous a price. Looking forward to listening to it as well because it's going to have to be completely remastered for vinyl... the waveforms for the digital ones are completely brick walled. There's just no dynamic range to it whatsoever. So whether it'll sound better or worse, I can't say, but it's likely to sound different at the very least. Can't loving wait.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hadn't seen this clip before today, looks awesome fun. Music by Mitch Murder, sorry for the Facebook link, I'm on phone.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=842378632467354

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Who else picked up the Carpenter Brut vinyl? Not heard anything about shipping yet, but hopefully it's on its way. I'll give them a week or I'm off to Belgium to get it myself.

Regret not picking up two so I could flip one to pay for the other. It wasn't exactly cheap, but it's going to be so good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The songs pretty cool, the video is fun and even though I don't really care for the Hasselhoff thing in general I still found it fun. It'll probably be the best bit of marketing they'll do for the film, and that's exactly what it should be.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My Carpenter Brut records just arrived. Today is a good day.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah soundtrack and trailer were great, movie was bunk.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Short answer: no, but they're awesome anyway.

(Second record didn't excite me much, but probably needs a few more listens).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just post all Brut and buy all his vinyl.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Agreed. At least they sometimes do extra runs sometimes. I'm glad every time I've bought something and balked at the cost a bit, I've been redeemed a bit by it selling out fast.

Except that College Heritage boxset. Even at half price it was still quite expensive, but it's a nice set and I guess it's cool to own the album on 3 formats ha.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's an 'official' carpenter brut bootleg doing the rounds, average quality but definitely worth listening to as it sounds like a great show with loads of new bits in the tracks. I listened to it on headphones and got used to the sound after a while, even if for a chunk of it all I could concentrate on was the conversation it picked up in my right ear.

Also, I asked this on Synthetix and nobody there could find it (although it was remembered), but there was a cover/remix of Rhythm of the Night that was put out maybe a year or two ago. Was on YouTube with a video of a car being driven around at night (but was probably lifted from something else) but I can't find it now. It's not the Bastille track which the description matches. It might've been posted in this thread but I don't think so (and the pages of YT links are murdering my browser at the moment so I can't easily look).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, Jordan F is some real good stuff. My favourite track of his isn't an album one, so you might not have heard it. I remember hearing it on the Synthwave Sunday radio show at about 2am in the morning, and ensuring that there and then I hunt it out so I didn't forget it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_HsBXbrycs

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

britishbornandbread posted:

I don't have time to trawl fifteen pages anyone got a decent Spotify playlist of this poo poo I need it for work

I don't do Spotify, but if you or others want something a bit more interesting than just songs in a row, Rick from Synthetix FM does a pretty cool radio show called Synthwave Sundays that goes out for about 2-3 hours each week. Lots of good tunes and talks with people involved. Look it up, it's on a web station called Radio Free Gently. It's been going for years so could just grab a ton and put them on.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ugh SA sucks linking things. Just type "synthwave playlist" into YouTube and a bunch come up. If I paste a link here it just brings up the first video and not the rest.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 2, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I tried but the second I paste it it turns into a video link and strips everything. There's probably a way but eh.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's why a lot of my favourite stuff are the tracks with vocals. Kinda distinguishes them more.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm separated from my iTunes library at the moment, but trying finding stuff by Dana Jean Phoenix, Electric Youth, Tesla Boy, Sunglasses Kid etc on bandcamp and that should give a starting point.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Outrun is the genre name so it's not too surprising it pops up quite often.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have the Sky Ferreira record, and was petrified customs would knock on my door about it because she looks pretty young on the cover. It's a decent album at least, although the only thing I've ever bought that remains sealed because it ended up costing me so much money.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Everyone knows that New Retro Wave is just the name of a website right? The styles are Synthwave, Outrun Electro etc. I think the dude who runs that site just takes delight in people thinking that's what it's called, mind.

And the triple LP of Pert's new record was long gone by the time I saw it... I'm guessing it was pretty expensive based on what the other editions were listed at though?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That I can get behind.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's also a Synthwave club night called Tech Noir. It's the name of the place in The Terminator, so probably been cribbed a few times.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

3 years is super fast for him to be honest! That last EP was pretty ropey beyond one track though, so fingers crossed this is back on track as his old stuff was awesome.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Finding lost synthwave/outrun tracks is a nightmare. I've spent hours looking for a track that was on YouTube that sampled 'Rhythm of the Night' that I really dug but I can't find a trac of it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Alan Smithee posted:

I drove 6 my rad dude

Was that with Ghost? I know he's doing some dates with them in the US this month. Typically I'm going to go see them next month when he's not the opening act. Last time I saw them the opener was poo poo, so it'll probably be the same band knowing my luck.

The irony of him touring with both Ghost and Gost is not lost on me, and you have to wonder if it's some kind of administration error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah that sounds super fun too. I wish I'd had time to jump to France and see him before leaving Europe. I'm sure I'll get chance to some day at least.