Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Are we allowed to participate if we don't have any way to play some of the games? I've only ever played Epic Yarn, Superstar and Canvas Curse, so this would be a good way to finally get most of the rest of the series out of my backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Excellent! I'm in! I'll be going for both challenges in Dream World. Maybe if I feel cocky enough I'll do a run for both at the same time :unsmigghh:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 2, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bad News Panda posted:

If you manage to pull this off I'll be seriously impressed. That third boss is really fast in Extra mode and I couldn't manage to do it without getting hit once. Also count Bad News Panda in.

Well, I completed both challenges but uh yeah, I don't think 1hp extra is gonna happen. I could probably do it with a dozen or so hours of practice but that's a lot of practice for a game I beat within 20 minutes. I might do the 1hp challenge again and throw a video of it up on YouTube because that was actually a lot of fun. Kinda surprised how much I like the game, honestly. I might pick it up for speedrunning purposes.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kirby's Dream Land - 1HP challenge done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfbEbwpBf0

The RNG the game threw at me for Kracko was beyond stupid, and I made a few really dumb mistakes in the boss rush, but other than that this went well. I'm more happy about killing Dedede on the first try; he is goddamn difficult with 1 hit point. Blimp ain't got poo poo on Dedede.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

glod posted:

I recommend a "get all treasures in Great Cave Offensive" goal for Super Star, since they're really optional and skipping them makes that one really short. Same for getting all the copy abilities in Milky Way Wishes.

I'll vote for these as well. It's something everyone who plays Super Star should do at least once anyway.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I played Kirby's Dream Land on emulator and liked it so much that I decided that, in addition to buying a physical copy of it in the near-ish future, Kirby's Adventure wouldn't be played emulated.

I'll be back when it's 100% done

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I only buy games CIB, it's part of the curse of being a sperglord

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kirby's Adventure: 100%

Might be going back for Extra Mode.

I am loving these games and feel bad for ignoring the franchise for so long. On the other hand, modern games have me so jaded and indifferent to them that I'm glad there are old series' like this one that I can play for the first time and thoroughly enjoy.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kirby's Adventure - Extra Mode complete

Welp, I don't have money for any other games so I guess I get to emulate everything up to Canvas Curse :negative:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'd be down for a Sonic marathon because I've played them all already and more people should share in my misery :suicide:

• Locked thread