Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glod posted:

glod has gotten 100% on Kirby Super Star.

The castle area of Great Cave Offensive is awful on single player and so is the Arena but oh well!

Maybe you just aren't sucking enough. :smuggo: That game's great as a sort of Kirbyvania, but yeah a couple of treasures are really tricky without a partner.

I really wanna give this a shot, though I kinda signed up for the Mario Marathon and completely forgot about it a week later. But sure, whatever, I'm in! Also Air Ride is balls hard to 100% finish, so good luck guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Looper just beat Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, 100%. And definitely not because it's the only one I had access to or anything.

It's certainly not a bad game, but I gotta question the decision to make you drop your power after one hit when so many puzzles are dependent on getting specific powers to specific rooms. All the endless backtracking and gotcha enemy placement didn't really help either. The glowing map squares definitely did, though! Also chocolate is the best Kirby color.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Looper has beaten Kirby's Adventure 100%!

I've actually never played the original, just Nightmare in Dreamland. It still holds up really well! There are a few abilities that seem terrible (mainly Ball), but for being the first time Kirby could even have copy abilities, this is a solid game. I may give Extra Mode a shot later, but probably not for a while.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Omg I forgot about this :( I think playing the first game in a variety of famous series would be cool, and hopefully prevent burnout

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pixeltendo posted:

Personally if we had to do a series wide thing, I'd go with the best of from each franchise.

-Sonic The Hedgehog 2
-Megaman 2
-Super Metroid
-Symphony of the night
etc.

Then you'd just have people arguing about what the best in series is (three of those four are not the best)

• Locked thread