Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Do I even need to say my answer? If so, I'm absolutely in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Jones finished Dreamland on Extra today! I'll post proof tomorrow, once I have access to a computer again.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Grawl posted:

Spreadsheet updated. I started Kirby's Super Star, and it just seems to be a bunch of very short games.

I guess the goal is to just beat those?

Simply put, yes. That's why there are recommended self-imposed challenges for some of the games. You'll know you've completed each game necessary when you unlock sound check mode, which is after beating the Arena. Also, there are more mini games and challenges for Ultra on the DS.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

InterrupterJones is done with Kirby's Adventure 100%. I may some time in the future get around to doing the extra mode, but that just doesn't seem appealing to me after grinding through it all day. It wasn't too long, but it still felt a tad longer than I remember. May have to try doing extra mode in Nightmare in Dreamland if I can be bothered to care.

Also, on level 7-2 anyone who didn't take the more difficult path above the starting door is a total bitch.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

InterrupterJones has completed Kirby's Dreamland 2 100%. loving hell that final boss fight was much harder than I remember. That is, of course, until I figured out the trick to beat it quicker; the rainbow drops, however, were easier to find than I thought they'd be.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

TheHoosier posted:

Except Kirby 64. Not looking forward to that.

Indeed, this game always struck me as the black sheep of the franchise. At least it has the ability mixing and some interesting boss fights; otherwise, it'd be completely useless. Slow, short, kinda uninspired, and just an overall bore.

I plan on doing Kirby Superstar tonight around 11:00 PM EST, so if anyone wants to tune in feel free. I'll post the link when I start, and will post a vid of it afterwards since I plan on doing all of the challenges listed.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

We are live! Gonna be streaming Super Star until I finish it, and accomplish all of the "challenges". Feel free to join in, it'll be very casual.

EDIT: I don't even know...I'll update with results later. Streaming on a bad computer sucks rear end.

EDIT2: InterrupterJones has 100% beaten Kirby Super Star, as well as all treasures in Great Cave Offensive and all copy abilities in Milky Way Wishes. I must've tried at least a dozen times to beat the Arena with Suplex only or not taking a single hit, but that's incredibly frustrating so gently caress that noise. The stream from last night was horribly rocky to start, but eventually it happened. I don't recommend watching the video though, it was a pretty bad stream. Also, here's a pic to verify 100% since I didn't finish last night, what with the computer dying and all that.

InterrupterJones fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 15, 2014

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Finally........this took way too long grinding at the arena. Also, IGN wiki is a good friend for rare keychains.

Also Grawl, since I quoted it in a post you may not've seen it:

Also, I didn't get a screenshot, but I 98% completed Dreamland 3. I would've gone for 100% there, but the mini games are far too infuriating at times.

So in summary, InterrupterJones has completed Kirby Superstar 100%, Kirby's Dreamland 3 98%, and Kirby Triple Deluxe 100%. That's a sufficient enough update for halfway through the year I say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

I'd be down for Megamanathon, just sayin'. At least none of them feel like huge ordeals to beat, unlike a certain N64 Kirby game...

• Locked thread