Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'll sign up. This made me realize that I signed up for and then entirely forgot about the Mario marathon even despite having taken some game clear photos but never getting around to posting them. Oops!

I actually have a way to play every one of these games so this should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I would play the hell out of some Mega Man or Castlevania. I've been needing an excuse to fill my Wii U and 3ds up with VC Mega Man titles.

I forgot about this thread after my initial post, but I did play a few Kirby games this year. I beat Kirby Triple Deluxe (not 100%) and unfortunately that was it. Many others I started but just didn't finish for whatever reason.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ernie. posted:

My preference would go:

Megaman > Dragon Quest > Castlevania > Different Series > *

Alternative options: Zeldas? Tomb Raiders?

And I'll be participating this year. Unfortunately I only found this thread in late October so I decided it was too late for me.

I hope it goes in favor of Mega Man. There's an eShop sale going right now and I just bought a bunch of MegaMan GB games and that would give me additional motivation to get good at them.

edit: I started Nightmare in Dream Land and will probably finish it today or tomorrow, I will grab a picture when I do.

edit2: Nightmare in Dream Land finished!

Nep-Nep fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 18, 2014

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

AHungryRobot posted:

The problem with a first-in-the-series thing is that for some of those series the first entry is widely accepted to be one of the weaker entries. MM1, Metroid 1 and Sonic 1 are all solid titles by themselves but lack a lot of the refinements that make the sequels great. Personally, I feel like all a marathon like that would do is make me wish I was playing one of the sequels. A smorgasbord style marathon like that could be good but I don't think that'd be the best way to do it.

My vote goes for a Mega Man marathon.

I agree with this. Maybe there could be some kind of compromise where you pick a franchise (I'd vote Mega Man) for a typical marathon thread and then in addition as a side thing there could be the "classics sampler" challenge or something where you pick a short list of firsts in other franchises and people could pick at that for variety if they start to feel burnt out on the main series.

• Locked thread