Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'd be interested, depending on what price came out to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

I too would be interested.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm in but only if this design is emblazoned on the front:

(just kidding about that part)

Also just go for 3/8".

Hed fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 31, 2013

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I'm already on the list Grav posted but am confirming again. I like the idea of the chef smiley in the left corner closest to the oven door.

I might even buy two :ssj:

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 31, 2013

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Okay, Grav, put me on the list. Something etched would be cool, as well, especially something along the lines of "Noli turbare panem."

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I am in for 2 of them if the dimensions stay the same as the Modernist one, and there is either no engraving, or just the GWS smiley.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I would like to be on this pizza making equipment list.

Aleg
Jul 21, 2007
Mark interested, pending shipping, as well!

Daedalus Esquire
Mar 30, 2008
I'm in for 1. Keep the goony stuff to a minimum please. I'd be fine with GWS or the grenade logo, but nothing to risqué or inappropriate for a family setting.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I cook stupid amounts of pizza and would be down for 1 or 2 of these depending on the cost

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I am so into this. Just busted my pizza stone trying to use it as a comal. I was planning on making some sort of metal replacement anyway.

cuber
Dec 29, 2011
Count me in.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
edit: read later posts, individual is probably the way to go

mod saas fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 31, 2013

artichokeyou
Jul 1, 2010
I'd be interested as well depending on total price with shipping.

whorfin
Dec 6, 2007
In for one, with the same caveats everyone else (shipping, etching...).

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I am interested in finding out more about the cost total with shipping.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I'm interested, depending on shipped price.

(Ignore my avatar, I'm in the US).

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Count me in.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
I'd be interested, depending on shipping. I've always wanted a pizza stone but if this is better I'd be down. I hate pizza in this town, it's lovely and I'd like to make more of my own, which I like. I'd also like the GWS emote in the corner, I think that'd be kind of cute.

Also I read the article that Gravity posted, and it says you turn your oven to broil for an hour. I have a broiler-shelf that's under the oven (yay gas), can I just crank the oven to 450F instead, or do I need to try and squat-juggle a pizza onto the steel?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I am interested, but would want to know about shipping. I would be less interested in a thin 1/4" than a thicker one. We tend to do 4-6 pizzas at a time when it's pizza time.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Count me in.

I prefer 3/8" with ~tasteful~ etching.

consensual poster fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 1, 2014

SifuToast
Oct 10, 2003

Bring on the Whores!!
for the 0.365 " x 16.00 " x 14.00" one with no etching it comes to ~$37.11 for 1 of them. it weighs 23.58lbs.
for the 0.240 " x 16.00 " x 14.00" one with no etching it comes to ~$25.06 for 1 of them. it weighs 15.68lbs.

Etching shouldn't be that much extra (its charged by laser time and etching moves at 500"/min)

There's an inherent Price:Volume algorithm in the pricing, which is why I think GrAviTy84 is trying to get a group of these together.
So if I do the parts above and a qty of 10 you get:

for the 0.365 " x 16.00 " x 14.00" one with no etching it comes to ~$33.07/each for 10 of them.
for the 0.240 " x 16.00 " x 14.00" one with no etching it comes to ~$22.38/each for 10 of them.

you can also mix and match, if you want, the algorithm works on the whole cart.

Our business is mostly used for industrials, but I thought our automated ability to produce 1 of anything would be beneficial to some creative goons.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
The re-shipping if one goon were to get all of these would be a significant chunk of the price, unless said one goon got it via freight and then shipped out via USPS (funny enough it fits on a large flat rate envelope IIRC :v:) or something similarly cheap. But then that would be committing on a purchase just to sell it to goons that promised to maybe buy one.

I think the best bet might be to turn this thread into a how-to order and include links to some CAD files you guys have verified work, some with logo for etch, some not, and then goons can decide what thickness they want and if they want the logo or not.

e: bah, just checked, they don't make the larger mylar envelopes anymore for flat rate USPS.

deimos fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 31, 2013

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

deimos posted:

:chef: about 1.5"-2" overall on a corner would be neat IMHO.

I'd also be interested depending on what the shipping comes out to be.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Interested and prefer 3/8".

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

I'm interested and also would prefer the 3/8"

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Interested in either size.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
would buy if it could be purchased and shipped for under $50, and was 3/8th in

would not buy if it had anything (anything) etched on it.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
Not buying, but I would like to try my hand on a vectorized :chef:.

Please expect something in a day or two.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I'd be interested depending on cost of shipping to Canada (Winnipeg). No preference on etching.

Carbon Copy
Jul 4, 2007
In the image of the Lord.
Interested, would prefer 3/8, depends on the etching.

Carbon Copy fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 31, 2013

Ghoulish Sandwich
Jun 27, 2008

the corpse party!
theres no better time and there are so many corpses here to work with
I'm interested either way! I'd prefer the 3/8", unless the 1/4" has good enough heat retention for batches of naan and pita.

It'd be great with or without etching. Maybe a tasteful little GWS smiley would be nice?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Would be interested in 3/8" depending on international shipping :australia:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that instead of doing a group buy where one person buys a bunch, receives all units and ships them out, it would be easier and more cost effective for everyone to buy it directly from the manufacturer and have it shipped directly to their homes. It seems like the discount for buying as a group is not substantial (the tooling for this setup seems to make it more ideal for individual, unique customers and less geared towards mass quantities), and having to ship the item to one goon who would then ship them out to each other goon would be redundant in shipping.

We would just need a proven CAD file to upload to this website:
http://www.robinsonlaser.com/?clid=1083

This would also give everyone the opportunity to have their own designs/sizes

Yes, no?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Steve Yun posted:

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that instead of doing a group buy where one person buys a bunch, receives all units and ships them out, it would be easier and more cost effective for everyone to buy it directly from the manufacturer and have it shipped directly to their homes. It seems like the discount for buying as a group is not substantial (the tooling for this setup seems to make it more ideal for individual, unique customers and less geared towards mass quantities), and having to ship the item to one goon who would then ship them out to each other goon would be redundant in shipping.

We would just need a proven CAD file to upload to this website:
http://www.robinsonlaser.com/?clid=1083

This would also give everyone the opportunity to have their own designs/sizes

Yes, no?

deimos posted:

The re-shipping if one goon were to get all of these would be a significant chunk of the price, unless said one goon got it via freight and then shipped out via USPS (funny enough it fits on a large flat rate envelope IIRC :v:) or something similarly cheap. But then that would be committing on a purchase just to sell it to goons that promised to maybe buy one.

I think the best bet might be to turn this thread into a how-to order and include links to some CAD files you guys have verified work, some with logo for etch, some not, and then goons can decide what thickness they want and if they want the logo or not.

e: bah, just checked, they don't make the larger mylar envelopes anymore for flat rate USPS.

:colbert:

Porterhaus
Jun 6, 2006

Zero to Gyro
Interested in the 3/8" preferably no etching.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
Hey there guys,

Just because it may be relevant - I work for a steel company. I won't say who, since I don't want to seem like I'm spamming - but I ran a quick price quote through our computer and came up with the following:

For 10 Laser cut circles, 1/4" 304L (Stainless Steel) at 15" OD - $347.50 shipped ($34.75 apiece). Shipped singly it would run around $80.92. For the same part in 3/8", it would be $535.80 for 10 ($53.58/pc) or $95.72 shipped singly.

Thought having some comparison prices might help out, especially if anybody was interested in going with stainless instead of carbon steel. How much utility there is to be gained from alloying up in this kind of application is up for debate, though with a little buffing you could get a much sexier finish, if that sort of thing matters to you.

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

I used the provided weights to do a cost estimate on shipping to me in Denver at a commecial address, using UPS's default rates (actual shipping should be some amount cheaper but probably not Significantly cheaper, due to account discounts)

For the 3/8" steel, shipping would be around $24
For the 1/4" steel, shipping would be around $18

..if that helps anyone else. UPS's price calculator for US is here.

Given the cost of reshipping would probably negate and inflate the bulk discount from doing a group buy, I'm with Steve Yun and deimos that it's probably just best to order individually.

SifuToast: if I make a simple drawing file out of illustrator, would that work? Or would it produce a steel with razor sharp edges since there'd be no bevel?

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
HOLY BALLS.

So I used the shipping calculator on ups.com to work out the cost to ship this thing to me. $406. Might need to bow out on this one unless I'm doing something completely wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Can I ship it with my Amazon Prime account? :haw:

• Locked thread