Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

noodlesinabag posted:

deliciousness

Wow, all of that looks amazing. Great job, and makes me want one of these baking steels even more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

A Proper Uppercut, do you have any "upskirts" of your pizza? The blistering/charring on top seems pretty decent so I'd love to see what the bottom of the pizza looked like, after being in contact with the baking steel.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

jeomk posted:

I can't speak to the cooking qualities. But, Structural steel is a harder steel than commercial grade. Which means it is more difficult to bend and often used bridges, buildings, and for general projects where some strength is required. If you aren't planning on baking the world's largest pie you could probably get by with commercial grade.

I wouldn't risk it. I'd go with the structural steel. Good god, man, people's bellies are at stake here!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

SifuToast posted:

So the owner of the company over here decided that his 30 years in the industry are enough, and he's getting out. So as of this Friday we're closed. We can't take any new orders and are spending this week closing things down. It's pretty sad. I've been here specifically for 15 years.

It's still a possibility for me to start my own shop, but it certainly won't be within the week. I want to thank you guys for the awesome feedback that you've given us. You've proven to me that the idea that people our age would be willing to buy industrial product online is valid.

If/when I get a shop of my own setup, I'll be sure to start up another SA-mart thread.

Holy poo poo dude, I'm really sorry to hear that. I didn't buy one myself but thank you for making this available to everyone. I wish you the best of luck!!

• Locked thread