Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Mister Beeg posted:

I like "Retail".

I'm being sincere. Not sarcastic in any way.

There was also a short-lived Saturday Morning cartoon written by Mark Evanier that had a pretty awesome theme song.

Not to be combattive, but what do you like about Retail? The characters are all hateful, the art is pretty bland and always ALWAYS includes an eyeroll.

I will say in its favor that the linework is always clean and neat and sharp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Holy poo poo Creeps is the best.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Not to be combattive, but what do you like about Retail? The characters are all hateful, the art is pretty bland and always ALWAYS includes an eyeroll.

I will say in its favor that the linework is always clean and neat and sharp.

Truth to be told, the artwork was much better in the early years.

I guess it's because, well, I would do the same thing to some of the characters if I knew them. If I knew Josh (and I knew similar people like him), I would absolutely love to do what Cooper does to him. In short, kind of a revenge fantasy. Maybe that says something about what kind of person I am.

The other explanation I can think of is that I've been reading the strip since its debut (it started on New Years Day 2006, exactly 8 years ago) and I just stick around out of habit.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 1, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I haven't been in a place with good internet so a thread like this was out of the question with how long it took to load everything. So I wanted to comment on something from forever ago now:

I'm not alone in really liking the art in Dustin am I? That last panel is really nice! I really wish the artist could put his art to good use in a better comic than Dustin. It really goes to waste in such a bad comic

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Macaluso posted:

I'm not alone in really liking the art in Dustin am I? That last panel is really nice! I really wish the artist could put his art to good use in a better comic than Dustin. It really goes to waste in such a bad comic

You're not alone. Jeff Parker is a legit good artist.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Nemi

Moomin and the Martians
I reposted the one from yesterday, in better quality.

Now, thread, I'm wondering a bit about how to post these.
or more accurately, how many to post, up until now, I've been posting 1 page per day. Moomin stories are pretty long though, and at that speed, it'll take 18 days to complete the current story.

I'm wondering if I should start posting them 1/2 page at a time, so that the stories'll last a bit longer, or if people prefer getting a page a day, as you have earlier?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

SubNat posted:

Nemi

Moomin and the Martians
I reposted the one from yesterday, in better quality.

Now, thread, I'm wondering a bit about how to post these.
or more accurately, how many to post, up until now, I've been posting 1 page per day. Moomin stories are pretty long though, and at that speed, it'll take 18 days to complete the current story.

I'm wondering if I should start posting them 1/2 page at a time, so that the stories'll last a bit longer, or if people prefer getting a page a day, as you have earlier?

You're my new favorite poster, Moomin AND Nemi?

One page a day, please.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Seconding one page a day, yeah.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

SubNat posted:

I'd really prefer half a page a day. I stopped reading Modesty Blaise in part because I was tired of the cheesecake, but mostly because it was just too much to read every day.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

EasyEW posted:

Two months ago, we found out that Cow & Boy (Or "Li'l Xavier and The Floating Death Head", if you like) was coming to a close at the end of 2013. That happened today, so you won't have to worry about it anymore, but you can't say this strip didn't die as it lived.

:stare:

I've never heard of this comic, so if someone could explain :wtc: is going on here, I'd appreciate it. My feelings range from "sheer confusion" to "this is the greatest way to end a comic, ever".

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
One page per day is fine with me.

I love reading these Moomin strips. As a kid, the only Moomin I was familiar with were the many anime shows done for Japanese television.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Half would probably be alright, too. Man, I ain't got no decision-making skills today.

Anyway, content:

Have a ridiculous (awesome?) batch of edits that I found years ago that I can't find any information on where it came from or anything like that. It's been sitting in a folder in the depths of my hard drive for ages. (I just noticed one strip is actually unedited. Huh.)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Shiny new thread! I didn't post much in the last one, maybe this'll be a better year for me.

In the interest of clarity, EasyEW credited an edit to me on page 1 that's not one of mine. I don't remember who did do that one, but I'm more about this sort of thing:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Here are some of my edits from last year.

Inspired by FactsAreUseless' wonderful Spider-Man edits.

Here are a short set of edits about pizza.

(Aardmania)

(Me)

Here are edits I enjoyed by other people

(DeepDickPizza)

(Forktoss)

(Ghostlight)

(Carl the Shivan)

(Jack MacAskill, who we miss very much)

(Kennel)

(Magic Hate Ball)

(Mustache Villainy)

(scarycave)

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Honestly, everyone in the strip being an unlikeable poo poo heel is pretty accurate to a genuine retail environment. The biggest thing I like about "Retail" is that it accurately shows that everyone is mercenary as gently caress and will cut each other's throats for lateral promotions and pay raises that total less than 50 cents. And also the customers suck.

The strip could easily have been (and maybe was? only been reading it about a year) a predictable shlock where everybody is friends and it's Us vs. Them and boy these employees sure are a bunch of zaney cut-ups! Nope, everyone is a dickhead and serving their own means, even in ways that are petty and with no personal benefit.

Also post Moomin one page per day, please!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Nick_326 posted:

:stare:

I've never heard of this comic, so if someone could explain :wtc: is going on here, I'd appreciate it. My feelings range from "sheer confusion" to "this is the greatest way to end a comic, ever".

Cow and Boy was a pretty mediocre gag a day strip that occasionally went beyond the average but got booted off syndication. The creator tried to continue it as a webcomic, probably as a temporary measure until he could get it back into papers, but it didn't work out. The last month or so has been the Cow and the Boy discussing their inevitable end.

That single strip pretty much made the whole endeavor worth it because hot drat, that's how you end a strip.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

cobalt impurity posted:

Honestly, everyone in the strip being an unlikeable poo poo heel is pretty accurate to a genuine retail environment. The biggest thing I like about "Retail" is that it accurately shows that everyone is mercenary as gently caress and will cut each other's throats for lateral promotions and pay raises that total less than 50 cents. And also the customers suck.

The strip could easily have been (and maybe was? only been reading it about a year) a predictable shlock where everybody is friends and it's Us vs. Them and boy these employees sure are a bunch of zaney cut-ups! Nope, everyone is a dickhead and serving their own means, even in ways that are petty and with no personal benefit.

It goes without saying that Norm Feuti used to work in retail.

There's a book by Feuti called "Pretending You Care: Retail Handbook". It's basically a satirical book disguised as a retail employee handbook, with scatterings of the strip from the first year or so, and it's loving hilarious. Lots of personal anecdotes from Feuti's time in retail.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

This just got a solid, enormous gut laugh out of me. The Creeps is the best.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
I'm most definitely a "he" for all who are interested. :v:

Some moderate copypasta from my post from the last thread:

Jane's World started last year off running at least 3 days a week. Normally Tue/Wed/Thu, but Paige changed it up in the Fall of last year, and now we normally see it Tue-Fri. These last two holiday weeks have been a little weird though, I would assume that Paige will start things up normally again next week. "Jane's World is best described as a smart ensemble comedy, blending the classic comic strip style of Lynn Johnston with the racier writing style of shows like Sex and the City and Friends. Jane is the lesbian heir to the hard-luck Charlie Brown, somehow always winding up as the punch line in her own comic."

I like Non Sequitur (drawn by Wiley Miller) a fair bit too, even though it can get boring sometimes. Wiley goes for droll type humor most of the time.

I edited all the "awards" crap out of this one..

"Non Sequitur is Wiley Miller's wry look at the absurdities of everyday life. A hit with fans of all ages, the strip is syndicated in more than 700 newspapers. This hilarious creation is not only creative but also clever. It tackles current cultural issues such as politics, celebrities, male-female relations, materialistic desires and society's obsession with weight. Non Sequitur will have you laughing at the controversy of everyday life. Currently we're in the midst of a non-operational satellite TV story, and Danae is pitching a fit:

I like Heavenly Nostrils a lot. It usually is pretty good at delivering :3: moments. From GoComics: "It all started when Phoebe skipped a rock across a pond and accidentally hit a unicorn in the face. Improbably, this led to Phoebe being granted one wish, and using it to make the unicorn, Marigold Heavenly Nostrils, her obligational best friend. But can a vain mythical beast and a nine-year-old daydreamer really forge a connection?"

See? :3:

And here's a cool animated Marigold from Dana's blog site...

There was that Raine Dog thing, but we won't go there. :v:

Kliban's Cats gets posted on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. I'm not entirely sure why I like this strip so much, I just do. And yeah, I have three cats. From GoComics: "If by some strange happenstance you have never before seen a Kliban cat drawing, you will instantly recognize that each and every one of them captures the essence of…. cat. A well-established illustrator and cartoonist (Playboy, The New Yorker, Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head, et al) B. Kliban used to devote off-moments in his studio to drawing his felines Nitty, Norton, Burton Rustle and Noko Marie the Snake. An editor friend saw this work and convinced Kliban to let her take it publishers, and in 1975 Workman published CAT, a huge bestseller which inspired an outbreak of cat love that has not abated to this day. That groundbreaking book was followed by more books, and more drawings, which manifested on calendars, cards, mugs, ceramics, clothing – almost 9,000 unique items to date. And the book that started it all is still in print. Cat people of the world, rejoice -- and savor the twice-a-week pleasure of KLIBAN’S CATS."

This was last year's New Year's Day installment, which, honestly, I think was better than yesterday's:

Benard Kliban's regular comic gets posted Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Here's the description from GoComics: "B. Kliban’s vast body of playful, surreal irreverent free-form work is well overdue for re-discovery. An innovator who significantly expanded the realm of cartooning, Kliban inspired a generation with his no-limits approach. His numerous books – Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head, Whack Your Porcupine, Two Guys Fooling Around With the Moon among them – spread the Kliban vision far and wide, and put the term “Klibanesque” in the dictionary. His constructions – whether single-panel drawings (“Mental floss.”), multi-panel sequences (“Four Useless Motions”) or eight-panel image-poems (“Sheer Pottery”) – push fearlessly forward into unexplored territory. Welcome to his unique and compelling world."

:psyduck: Yeah, and sometimes he can get a little weird. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane has been described in a previous post, so I won't subject you to that pain again. I've been posting re-runs of the strip from exactly 11 years ago just to compare and contrast with the current strips. Personally, I find Brooke's older stuff maybe a bit lighter, and definitely funnier than his current installments including Pibgorn.

Here's 9 Chickweed Lane for 1/1/2003:

Welp. :ughh:

Zits runs in my local paper's comic section, and I kind of like it because I'm the father of four, two of which are boys (22, and almost 21). From the official site (edited a bit for size): "Sixteen-year-old Jeremy Duncan is a high school freshman and an aspiring musician. Jeremy is a good kid. He is intelligent and kind, yet he still has the attitude that one would expect from a teenager. His unpredictable mood swings and monosyllabic answers to his parents’ mild-mannered questions often leave them baffled and bemused.

Created in 1997 by Pulitzer Prize-winning editorial cartoonist Jim Borgman and Reuben Award-winning cartoonist/writer Jerry Scott, Zits appears in more 1,600 newspapers worldwide in 45 countries and is translated into 15 different languages. The comic has an estimated daily readership of more than 200 million readers. Zits is the only strip in comics history to achieve that milestone in the short span of nine years.

The creators, who are parents themselves, have a keen insight into the many physical and emotional changes that teens go through during adolescence, and they have the gift of addressing these common dilemmas with compassion and humor."

Kevin & Kell is, well, I don't know. Lately, it's not been very funny at all. It's yet another Bill Holbrook strip, and here's his quick synopsis from the site: "Years ago, Kevin Kindle the rabbit and Kell Dewclaw the wolf met in an online chat room. After falling head over heels for each other, they decided to meet in person. It wasn't until then that they realized they were from separate ends of the food chain.

However, the relationship they'd developed online overcame Kevin's instinct for self-preservation, and Kell's heart melted from such a demonstration of trust. Kell was energetic and vivacious, qualities Kevin had found lacking in herbivores. Such a relationship between predator and prey seemed doomed to fail but these two opposites were determined to overcome the barriers that society placed in their path."

Yeah. Those physics totally work.

I normally post a screencap of Nemi garnered from the e-version of the UK's Metro newspaper. Since they're all on the Christmas Holiday over the past couple of weeks, SubNat and others have been grabbing a few strips and posting them. I would expect everything to return to normal come Monday. I'll add the first paragraph from the wikipedia entry: "Nemi is a Norwegian comic strip, written and drawn by Lise Myhre. It made its first appearance in 1997 under the title Den svarte siden ("the Black Side" or "the Black Page"). At that time, it was a very dark cartoon concerning heavy metal subcultures. Over the years Myhre has turned it brighter, though she still frequently publishes strips about serious issues, especially in the larger Saturday panels. The strip was renamed Nemi after its protagonist, a young goth woman."

Ok, that was a pretty massive post, so I cover a bit about Dan Dare later. Oh yes, and I'll finally debut the "derp collection" later today! Promise!

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Yay new thread and I finally remember to ask the questions that pop in my head at work, So in no particular order, where's Reply All, which started being posted so we could mock how terrible it was and somehow has managed to become enjoyable, if ugly? Next, why is Juliet(te?) so sad about her "dad"'s grave, I thought his whole character before the GammaNazi arc was that he was a awful husband and father and that Gamma and Juliet were happier without him, and now we know that Juliet is 1/2 Nazi, so why is she seeming so devastated that she found his grave. Unless it can be explained by the fact that Brooke is a hack who masturbates with a thesaurus stapled to the top of mannequin legs. Finally, it has been awhile since I saw the Raine Dog page, but was wondering could there be a simpler explanation for the scene or is it just my memory refusing to accept what was there?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Reply all pops up every day, or every few days. I don't know who regularly posts it though.
Brooke makes no sense and repeatedly commits offenses against the art of storytelling.
Raine Dog was exactly what it looked like.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Haha, drat. I have the Hi and Lois saved somewhere.

As far as Moomin, I think one page a day is fine. It doesn't have too many strips and I don't think it'd be a problem taking a while to get through the stories.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Elohssa Gib posted:

Finally, it has been awhile since I saw the Raine Dog page, but was wondering could there be a simpler explanation for the scene or is it just my memory refusing to accept what was there?

The simplest explanation is that Dana Simpson really needs an editor.

The less simple speculative explanation is that comic as a whole came out of Dana while she was undergoing gender reassignment and likely really stressed and trying to find herself. The comic as a whole dealt with a lot of issues about identity and gender, and was already really weird as it did this through an intelligent dog that had been spayed. Things went really awry when the comic went into the dog's origins and built up a basic dog and boy story that suddenly got a lot of inappropriate turns jammed into it that lead to the infamous pedo-bestiality sequence.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

LtStorm posted:

Stuff about Raine Dog.

Also, keep in mind that when Dana got through her surgery, she realized how horrible the comic was, tried rewriting it from scratch, and finally wrote it off as unsalvageable and deleted it from the Internet. It doesn't stop GBS from regularly bringing it up in the CADWebcomics Mock Tread, but that's not really relevant to Heavenly Nostrils. She does still have some issues, but what's in the past is in the past.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fok_it by Joonas Rinta-Kanto is a Finnish strip where talking heads and a variety of power animals talk about more or less bizarre things.

(Oct 22, 2012)

Practically the only recurring characters are the animals, many of them related to specific weekdays. With a hurrah or a few, Twinklemuzzle the unicorn tirelessly brings cheer to the gloomy Mondays especially for those tired after a hard weekend of partying, such as for the beer-loving Friday Penguin.

(Feb 11, 2013)

The latest addition to the power animal roster is Conspiracy Frog, wearing his tinfoil hat and reminding everyone that things are never as they seem. Open your eyes. Since his debut he's been the one with the most screentime, so I suspect he might just be the author's favorite.

(May 22, 2013)

The first Wednesday of the year calls for an appearance by Wednesday Crocodile. He (or she?) is sometimes seen hanging around (or suffering from hangover) with Penguin.

(Jan 1, 2014)

By the way, there was no Fingerpori today, and I was hoping someone else would do the honors of introducing it.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Mister Beeg posted:

I guess it's because, well, I would do the same thing to some of the characters if I knew them. If I knew Josh (and I knew similar people like him), I would absolutely love to do what Cooper does to him. In short, kind of a revenge fantasy. Maybe that says something about what kind of person I am.
If I knew the cast in Retail I'd gently caress with Marla big time. drat I hate Marla. The Delman's district manager is probably the best in messing with her in that regard.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Sad news, guys: I don't think there's going to be a crazy Kwanzaa storyline in Curtis this year.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

tiistai posted:

By the way, there was no Fingerpori today, and I was hoping someone else would do the honors of introducing it.

Yeah I can do it tomorrow with some archived older strips etc.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Sad news, guys: I don't think there's going to be a crazy Kwanzaa storyline in Curtis this year.

:(

That sucks! It was really the only entertaining part of Curtis.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Simian_Prime posted:

:(

That sucks! It was really the only entertaining part of Curtis.

I dunno; them punishing Curtis FOR SNORING was a laugh riot. :bang:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

dpbjinc posted:

Also, keep in mind that when Dana got through her surgery, she realized how horrible the comic was, tried rewriting it from scratch, and finally wrote it off as unsalvageable and deleted it from the Internet. It doesn't stop GBS from regularly bringing it up in the CADWebcomics Mock Tread, but that's not really relevant to Heavenly Nostrils. She does still have some issues, but what's in the past is in the past.

Dana Simpson is into some pretty weird poo poo, though; while she certainly seems to have realized Raine Dog was a bad idea she's still kind of questionable

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (July 22-24, 1926)

Just to wind things up a little more, the triangle has become a parallelogram.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

crowfeathers posted:

Dana Simpson is into some pretty weird poo poo, though; while she certainly seems to have realized Raine Dog was a bad idea she's still kind of questionable
It's her life. Let her live :shrug:

I remember Dana back when she was doing "Ozy and Millie". It was one of the early successful webcomics.

Here's a "Ozy and Millie" strip that Bill Holbrook drew as an April Fools switch in 1999. Dana drew "Kevin and Kell" that day, but it wasn't archived, apparently:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I kind of wish her shaving fetish didn't ooze through to her comics.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Beeg posted:

It's her life. Let her live :shrug:

This is the correct opinion.

Six Chix

A very gimmicky comic which, as the name implies, is done by six different women. The quality between them shifts pretty wildly. Only two of the women here have other comics, Rina Piccolo who does Tina's Groove and Margaret Shulock who does the writing for Apartment 3-G.

Zippy the Pinhead

One of the old underground comix, Zippy has been going on since the 1970s. Not many people here enjoy it, but I do. It doesn't always succeed, but most of the time it tries to draw its humor through absurdism. Griffith is also always referencing tacky Americana, so if you see a weird statue or something then it probably actually exists. Though it doesn't shine through in the comic a lot of the time, Griffith is actually a really crazy good illustrator.

Nancy

A zombie strip that's done by everybody's favorite fan of country music, Jesus, and America, Guy Gilchrist. The only thing that makes this worse is that it used to be good.

Momma

gently caress Momma.

Wee Pals

Wee Pals, done by the 90 year old Morrie Turner, is fantastic. I originally started posting it because I thought it was kinda lovely, but it's grown on everybody. It started out in the 1960s as a racially diverse comic, and gained popularity after the assassination of MLK Jr. Morrie Turner clearly does not give a gently caress anymore, and has started doing comics about stuff like Trayvon Martin. We all love him for it.

Andertoons

Andertoons is very understated. It has simple artwork, relies way too much on graph jokes, and reuses the same few settings like crazy. In spite of that, though, it manages to stay generally pretty good. I like it, and as far as I know the thread consensus on it is positive.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

(dude with the smitty avatar.)
Hey, this edit wasn't me. I'm not sure who it was, but all my Spider-Man edits are text-only and not animated.

Edit: I also no longer have any of my Spider-Man edits, so if anyone has those, feel free to post them.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 2, 2014

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Wanamingo posted:

Wee Pals

Wee Pals, done by the 90 year old Morrie Turner, is fantastic. I originally started posting it because I thought it was kinda lovely, but it's grown on everybody. It started out in the 1960s as a racially diverse comic, and gained popularity after the assassination of MLK Jr. Morrie Turner clearly does not give a gently caress anymore, and has started doing comics about stuff like Trayvon Martin. We all love him for it.

I think everyone needs to see that strip again.

:allears:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

LtStorm posted:

The simplest explanation is that Dana Simpson really needs an editor.

The less simple speculative explanation is that comic as a whole came out of Dana while she was undergoing gender reassignment and likely really stressed and trying to find herself. The comic as a whole dealt with a lot of issues about identity and gender, and was already really weird as it did this through an intelligent dog that had been spayed. Things went really awry when the comic went into the dog's origins and built up a basic dog and boy story that suddenly got a lot of inappropriate turns jammed into it that lead to the infamous pedo-bestiality sequence.

The big issue with Raine Dog, is that all the animals are pretty much sentient, and at times humanoid in some instances. It's similar to the Goofy, Pluto thing. However, Pluto in this case is just a dog - and does dog things. Goofy, is a dog, and does people things (usually pretty badly). In Raine Dog, animals are for all intent and purposes - people (we see them at the MLK like rally, the cows seem to have some idea of whats going on, among other things.). But they're treated like animals, it gets to Holbrook leagues of unfortunate implications.

I'm sure there's a few stories that do something like what she might have been going for, but the fact that she had to make the titular dog a somewhat love-interest to a child is pretty hosed up. If she was going for that it would be fine, but then she has to try to pass of Raine as a martyr of some kind. Like she was wronged. Which she might of been - if we could say she was actually human.

So yeah, I get the feeling she wasn't all their when she was writing up that one, and she seems to have gotten her act together as her Unicorn comic doesn't seem to be setting off any alarms.

In conclusion, here's an edit of Calvin kissing Hobbes that I did last year:

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Urban Wizard posted:

Rex Morgan, M.D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Who is or was Jack MacAskill?

• Locked thread