Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's For Better or For Worse, often referred to as foob around here (a cross between a fool and boob) because Lynn Johnstone is the whitest person in history.

edit: I just moved and I dreamed that I opened the paper (I obviously don't subscribe to a paper) and was delighted to find three full pages of strips. How odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

:3: Who doesn't love the man train?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

I don't think there's a single likeable character in the comic.

People say TJ but I don't get it. He's just as stupid as everyone else and that poo poo eating grin doesn't make him impish it makes him deranged.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Surely not. That dance is forbidden.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The luger wasn't the only German sidearm of WW II but it doesn't look like any of the others either. Basically Brooke doesn't care.

That Fingerpori luger in the ss driving gag is well rendered and so was the Out Our Way 1903 Elf was shooting (thanks Cyrano4747 for the positive ID).

edit: badly formed url tag. Mi scusi.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 3, 2014

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yes, the Three Cocks elementary school has different teachers for each subject. Of course. Good one Gilchrist.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Blhue posted:

When I went to public elementary, we did for some subjects. We had homeroom, then math and reading we'd test for ability levels at the start of the year and then go to a different classroom for those subjects. Pretty sure science and history and whatnot were in homeroom though.

Interesting. Do you mind if I ask where?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rosa goes so far as to wear delicious chocolate chip cookie earrings to direct Gunther's attention to her erogenous zones and he just doesn't get it. He really is the worst.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

A girl who was judged to be the school's beauty queen no less.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Good stuff m'sieur.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Andertoons is growing on me. I have been there to receive this presentation.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Needs more dong.

I still laughed.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Creeps is so good.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

To really get the audience to care for the characters, make sure your Juliet is shrill, demanding and unappealing. Again with the Darren Nichols.

I've been inflicting this storyline on my wife, who has thrown up her hands at what she calls "a tale told by a certified idiot with typography full of letters and symbols, signifying nothing. AND MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER TEETH."

Her right hand is beyond hosed up too.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Do bats go Grrr?

Man Lester. How can you take such a basic concept and gently caress it up so badly?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Whoah Luann is at make out point. It's a new era.

Still boring as poo poo but hey, baby steps.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Small cars can go further so that's a clever line. Yep.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

tiistai posted:

Oh drat, right. I knew there was a better term or phrase than what I used but I just couldn't recall it. That's what it was.

Would've been even a pretty close translation, too.

Your translation was good too.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hey there was one panel where the silhouettes of their heads were together. Scandalous.

e: gasping and clutching at my pearls over here.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 9, 2014

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pork Lift posted:

Somehow Foxy Grandpa is my favourite comic in this thread after the Creeps.

I can't say the same but I do like how pleased he is with himself. It's not all :smuggo: like psychic Nancy.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He's drawn with head stubble so I'm going to say no. It's just a typical Gilchrist nonjoke.

Haha, dogs eat garbage! Sluggo wants his hair to grow faster and will never be drawn with longer hair unless a gag calls for it!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh man, color me unobservant.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I think it might be a garbage man joke. That net is for clearing refuse right?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Depressing Box posted:

Looking at the menu, I think it's a Tang joke.

And not a very good one.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Moominmamma could be in her handbag for a very long time.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

^^ Womanizing!

Mister Kingdom posted:

As a hospital insurance biller, not a day goes by that I don't wish insurance company employees to contract a flesh-eating virus and die in a fire while being eaten by wolves.

I did some of that as a temp and hearing that it was their job to try to not pay claims really opened my eyes. Depressing!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (January 20, 1967)

Big Freedia coming one more time.

I don't know why but this one got me chortling. I don't want to eat a mouse on a foggy morning either.

You got me too.

Say, would it be a big deal to post Monty first and MdJ second? Processing how awful MdJ is puts me right off comic strips for a few moments makes me skip Monty a lot of times and I think it is to my detriment. I know it's a weird request.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Everything Counts posted:

Gunther would probably have more confidence if he'd tie his shoes properly and stop buying clothes made of spun sugar.

Yeah maybe, but it's not like rolling down a hill for no reason is actually very fun anyway. I guess the leaf doesn't fall far form the tree.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

None of this happened in the original "Gamma Secret USO Spy" story arc, right? Where is he going with this? I have to admit, I'm kind of interested.

I thought he had some kind of weird haircut in yesterday's strip. I guess it's a bloody head bandage.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

So I was raised a filthy papist but why are they holding shot glasses of the communion wine?

Is it Lutherans who take it that way? I know I've seen it before.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Huh, it's a clunker today.

I don't know why but F-Minus is about the right level of absurd for me so it consistently makes me smile. I like the expressions and I like the gags. Different strokes etc.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

don Jaime posted:

Please don't die, Fat Creep, you have the best current strip in the country.

I love that his out of body experience is going in for more chicken as he lays dying from pigging out on chicken.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Thank you! I actually laughed at a Monty. Maybe one day I'll skip over Crap du Jour.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I read it so I can groan about how bad it is, like 9 Dickweed Lane. I guess I am full of self loathing.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

On a randomly positive note-- I really like Tina's Groove. It often makes me smile and I never seem to see anything that irks me.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dustin wears shorts and penny loafers so he's already a lost cause.

Take that preppies!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Don't blink for yes. Haha.

I like how the word bubble works with fat Creep hair.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah, maybe their sea isn't salty enough. Motherfuckers.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Lee Falk totally anticipated Doobies Dawgs.

THAT'S SAD.

You tell 'em Skippy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JaggerMcDagger posted:

I really liked the Bigtime storyline, so thank you for posting it!

Still, I wish he had his own outfit, like clown-9.

Hey, he got a Peter Gabriel song. That's not nothing.

• Locked thread