Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

This caused me to Google Guy Gilchrist to see if that's what he actually looked like (it is), and thanks to that I now know he did/does the Muppets comic strip.
I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Can't wait to see more of the RENT comic strip.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Wanamingo posted:

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

As an Awful App user who likes tapping on individual .gifs to load so I can avoid looking at all the crap I don't want to read: I hope you have a horrible fireworks related accident.

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 5, 2015

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Vic Kleman is trapped in a hell of his own creation, judging by that face.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Ah, yes, the Mantis Shrimp. Notable for being as blue as a loving Smurf.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Man, I loving hate it whenever that nose fact is brought up. I'm nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other, so the left outline of my nose is always in the center of my vision. gently caress you, people with good brains and/or eyes! t:mad:

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 20, 2015

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
The A.V. Club (The Onion's actual news website for pop-culture news and such) wrote an article about the Comics Blogosphere's (apparently a thing) reaction to Apartment 3G ending.
Personally, I'm a bit disapointed that the comic didn't end with an autistic kid staring into a snowglobe but I'll guess we have to settle for Mr. Dog.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
This is a bit (way) late, but did anyone else lose their interest in Zippy after that storyline earlier this year with the actors playing Zippy and Zerbina being completely unhappy and tried running away before realizing that they were better off playing characters they completely hated? Call me a sentimental complete idiot, but I can't read the strip anymore without thinking "those poor completely and absolutely fake actors with their completely and absolutely terrible acting jobs."

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this is about an adolescent turkey secretly wanting to be killed, cooked, and eaten, right?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Gilchrist seems to have cornered the "Midwestern housewife who clips comics and puts them on their refrigerator/posts them on Facebook" market fairly well.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (June 21, 1929)

Holy poo poo just die already so you can be revived and become a media powerhouse

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Moomin and the Tunguska Event.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

I like how that creepily-drawn girl (Pru?) is kinda just peering over Luann's parents presumably fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

SomeMathGuy posted:

Unlike Day by Day, McEldowney is at least a bit fun to hate read and very rarely derails the thread for multiple posts. That said, I think some of the old dropped strips need to come back in 2016. I can pick up Mark Trail if no one else wants it, I miss that cold blooded nature lover.

Also unlike Day by Day, McEldowney has very, very rare alright moments. Wahoo Terminal has been decent so far.

• Locked thread