Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Does anyone have that amazing "Mary Worth and the Counter Meddler" edit? It is my probably my favorite thing to come from any version of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Also keep in mind these were made before the internet, and you wouldn't normally be looking at the image from top to bottom.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Ema Nymton posted:

I found out today that my sister's mother-in-law is friends with the guy who draws Marvin. He was at my sister's wedding, although I didn't know he was when I was there.

No big deal. Is Marvin any good? It looks OK to me.

Sometimes when parents frankly discuss raising a baby, they talk about how incredibly trying it is. Waking up at 4am to change yet another diaper, they have to remind themselves that the baby cant help its behavior - it's only a child after all, not some malicious toddler demon.

Marvin is basically a malicious toddler demon. With access to his internal thoughts, we can see that they principally revolve around his own selfish desires, which mostly involve making GBS threads. It's a miracle you managed to find two strips where Marvin is not talking about making GBS threads, thinking about making GBS threads, or in the act of making GBS threads. Or pissing. Or both.

The rest of the time it's as bland as most other comic strips. I mean at least it's not 9CL or something. But man does it ever lean on poop jokes. And it's really hard to feel any sympathy for the title character when he does that half-lidded smug face because he managed to soil himself yet again.

• Locked thread