Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Internet Webguy posted:

Political Cartoons 2015: Just The Good poo poo.

Obama's policies are encouraging the economy to reach new heights.

Take away that overgrown switch and the wispy movement lines, and it looks much more like Mr. Economy is taking the suicide plunge off Obama's skyscraper of policies. That would have at least made more sense, considering the right wing point of view. I realize drawing a pole-vaulter mid-leap is probably challenging, but when you struggle with even basic action poses as badly as Rall struggles with architecture, maybe you shouldn't even try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
^^^^
my favourite is the Immigration Policy block, as if an influx of cheap workers is hurting the economy...

frankenfreak posted:

Love that '"eh, just another day at the Politburo" expression on Molotov.

Stalin's gang was used to getting sucker punched by their Nordic neighbours.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Obama is a cool dude and Romney is a bully, not sure how else to interpret this.

Yeah, it AGC's itself. It's funny that Horsey made the same cartoon, but clearly had a different conclusion than Ramirez.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Post 9-11 User posted:

"It is wrong for police to murder people in broad daylight with absolutely no extenuating circumstances justifying the obscene crime" = "an incendiary statement."

That's not what it's saying, it's "if you want to talk why are you BURNING FERGUSON TO THE GROUND because you're doing that you looting scum!"

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

When the hell does GAA voting end? I can't find the post.

Edit: nevermind. Got it.

Also I'm a putz for asking in here and not in the GAA thread.

itskage fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 31, 2014

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The OP technically doesn't say the exact cut-off time, but we're counting the votes on January 1st, so... before then, please, I guess.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I dont know posted:

Yeah, it AGC's itself. It's funny that Horsey made the same cartoon, but clearly had a different conclusion than Ramirez.

Yeah, you notice that Ramirez just happened to ignore that the "kid" was an adult in college and also happened to be gay.

To Romney's credit, I think he did own up to it and regrets having done it, but it's absolutely hilarious how much of simpering dog Ramirez is to the Republican party.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Goddamn.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Did we have an edit contest this year? I'm sure we did, but I just can't find it.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah, you notice that Ramirez just happened to ignore that the "kid" was an adult in college and also happened to be gay.

To Romney's credit, I think he did own up to it and regrets having done it, but it's absolutely hilarious how much of simpering dog Ramirez is to the Republican party.

Own up to it? Yes. Regret it? gently caress no. He laughed at the memory\

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just title it The Political Cartoons Thread*

Political cartoons 2015: Abandon all pants, Ye who enter here.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Did he even look at a picture of James Franco before drawing this?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Kakairo posted:

Did he even look at a picture of James Franco before drawing this?

It's clearly Bennett with his comedic partner Gaddafi.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Boring.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

Political Cartoons 2015: Just The Good poo poo.

The guy ruling over a theocratic city-state really needs to stop mixing politics with religion already.

Obama's policies are encouraging the economy to reach new heights.

I know it's Branco, but how can you be worse than Rameriz at metaphors?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

"Every single thing we conservatives said would destroy the economy was wrong"
- A conservative cartoonist's sick burn on Obama

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Gosse, you fool, the nominations for "worst caricature" are already over!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Gosse, you fool, the nominations for "worst caricature" are already over!

I dunno that James Franco is mesmerizing me.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Flip Yr Wig posted:

It's clearly Bennett with his comedic partner Gaddafi.
Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ramirez has pinned "mission accomplished" on Obama so many times that it's the Dukakis burn that bothers me.

February 27, 2009:

January 23, 2013:

August 9, 2014:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Ramirez has pinned "mission accomplished" on Obama so many times that it's the Dukakis burn that bothers me.

February 27, 2009:

January 23, 2013:

August 9, 2014:

Sorry Ramirez but it was only funny the first time when the other guy did it.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

It looks like Ramirez never denies himself the joy of re-drawing the ship and planes each time.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That first Obama caricature looks almost half-sane. Oh, how the times have changed.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Why are there just random red scribbles on that?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I don't even know how you get away with the first one. He was in office for less than a month and he apparently managed to become Lord Spender?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

Why are there just random red scribbles on that?

Red tape.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

majormonotone posted:

:agreed:

I dunno if this is sarcasm or not but the USPS is, in fact, incredible.

They do a good job, and conservatives can't stand the fact that a public program can be effective and efficient. So Congress has saddled them with the utterly ludicrous requirement that they prepay retirement benefits of all of their employees for the next seventy-five years. Then, when they have trouble keeping their budget balanced, conservatives take that as evidence that the Post Office is inefficient and should be privatized or their business given to UPS. Like the old saying goes, conservatives get elected saying government doesn't work, then they take office and prove it.

quote:

One of my letters had the wrong state listed (TX instead of TN). I still got the letter. Probably because the zip code was still correct, but still.

The zip definitely helps. In the case I mentioned, it was two numbers in the front of the address transposed. I'm pretty sure the other address was so far down the road as to be in a different zip code.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
SO just what happened to get Muir to abandon his "Anataloy is Skye's kids' father " line? Did it occur to him that logically following that plot thread Anatoly whould end up as a deadbeat dad. Is this a sign that some displays of redpill machismo are too hosed up even for him?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

SO just what happened to get Muir to abandon his "Anataloy is Skye's kids' father " line?

He forgot.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Well... yeah, it bothers me because it's so nonsensical. Dukakis ran for President in 1988 for gently caress's sake!

Seriously. It's like, "hey, remember that time Obama wore a flight suit, said "mission accomplished", and was also Michael Dukakis???"

I don't even know what to make of the whole thing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Shugojin posted:

Well... yeah, it bothers me because it's so nonsensical. Dukakis ran for President in 1988 for gently caress's sake!

Seriously. It's like, "hey, remember that time Obama wore a flight suit, said "mission accomplished", and was also Michael Dukakis???"

"Dukakis, a liberal, looked real silly in the tank photo op, so Obama, in Real Man Armyclothes, and also a liberal, looks Dukakis-silly in the army clothes, that I dressed him in, in this picture, in which he is also a wormcreature and standing amidst some angrily crosshatched rubble, which took up too much space for me to label Obama also as Carter."

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Shugojin posted:

There is literally nothing there. It's sub-Election Year. It's a meaningless void of twisted metal a crossed hatches. Look not into it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Remember that time that Obungler got the blowjob from the woman? Or when he said that he invented the Internet? How about the time that he said ketchup was a vegetable? What a bungling dumocrat, that President Oblintore!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

If the conservative party wouldn't consider it a good thing they'd be blaming Obama for the trail of tears.

Give them a year or so and they'll start screaming about when Obama caused the Whisky Rebellion.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Uhhhh...

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Pretty sure it's a new year's resolution rather than a thing that happened

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Dr. Killjoy posted:

SO just what happened to get Muir to abandon his "Anataloy is Skye's kids' father " line? Did it occur to him that logically following that plot thread Anatoly whould end up as a deadbeat dad. Is this a sign that some displays of redpill machismo are too hosed up even for him?

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Did it occur to him that logically
No. Muir has no idea where his plots are going and his fans, both real and SA, know more about his story lines than he does. Skye is likely to look 9 months pregnant for a full year until he stumbles into a talking point where he can use the birth as a setup to call Obama a baby.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Shugojin posted:

The message I take away from it is "Ramirez is a hack."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

• Locked thread