Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dr. Killjoy posted:

SO just what happened to get Muir to abandon his "Anataloy is Skye's kids' father " line? Did it occur to him that logically following that plot thread Anatoly whould end up as a deadbeat dad. Is this a sign that some displays of redpill machismo are too hosed up even for him?

Man, who even knows. Anatoly is also supposed to be sterile, but he got another girl pregnant. Muir just doesn't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Can't wait for 20 more of these.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dr. Killjoy posted:

SO just what happened to get Muir to abandon his "Anataloy is Skye's kids' father " line? Did it occur to him that logically following that plot thread Anatoly whould end up as a deadbeat dad. Is this a sign that some displays of redpill machismo are too hosed up even for him?
The answer is that he hasn't. He keeps bouncing back and forth between "He's the father!" and "WAIT CHERNOBYL RENDERED HIM STERILE (seriously)"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Did this motherfucker transition straight out of a the first in numbered series on New Year Resolutions straight into unnumbered Years Top News Stories? Tinsley isn't even trying to hide how little he cares about his craft, it's loving shameful.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Not only is this stupid, he didn't even spell de Blasio's name correctly.

Kwyjibo
Apr 1, 2003

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'll take any chance to repost this.

I just wanted to reaffirm the sheer amazing nature of this comic. I can put nine stamps on a 13 ounce box of whatever, scribble an address 2500 miles away on it, drop it into a collection box that's maybe 200 feet away from me, and it'll magically arrive at that address in three business days. The gently caress more could I possibly ask for?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Kwyjibo posted:

I just wanted to reaffirm the sheer amazing nature of this comic. I can put nine stamps on a 13 ounce box of whatever, scribble an address 2500 miles away on it, drop it into a collection box that's maybe 200 feet away from me, and it'll magically arrive at that address in three business days. The gently caress more I possibly ask for?

You have to put the correct address on it, mostly, sort of. Clearly this is bullshit and the result of BIG GOVERNMENT INEFFICIENCY.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Ramirez has pinned "mission accomplished" on Obama so many times that it's the Dukakis burn that bothers me.

February 27, 2009:

January 23, 2013:

August 9, 2014:

Hey, there aren't any teleprompters in the newest cartoon. I guess the white house had to sell all of them in order to afford those golf carts.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Kwyjibo posted:

I just wanted to reaffirm the sheer amazing nature of this comic. I can put nine stamps on a 13 ounce box of whatever, scribble an address 2500 miles away on it, drop it into a collection box that's maybe 200 feet away from me, and it'll magically arrive at that address in three business days. The gently caress more could I possibly ask for?

Reminds me of this. Its not that Postal system is *bad*, its just that people think it is. I am not sure they could actually do anything to improve their quality of service that would improve their reputation, other than actually advertising their quality of service.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rob Smith Jr. hasn't done a cartoon since March, but he's still tweeting and talking about cartooning so I guess he's talking a break.

I swear he's like an Asay Jr. in how he can botch the message of his cartoons.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

A 14-year-old girl caught drawing a flower on what was the Lennon Wall (wall covered in colorful, hopeful sticky notes during the occupation of the LegCo) was arrested, with the police asking the courts to take her away from her single dad and put her into protective custody. The police are pursuing the same action for a 15-year-old boy arrested during one of their camp clearance operations. It's an extremely hosed up punitive use of the child protective system.

Anyone know who the third dude from the right is and the woman dead center?

And it's been a while since I shared a Tman nightmare comic. The dude is a "shopping" protester. This is a weird form of protest that started after the police cleared the Mong Kok camp. The Chief Executive subsequently made a statement saying people should go shopping in the formerly occupied area, so protesters have been gathering in that area every night since, parading up and down with yellow umbrellas and chanting slogans and singing songs. Police have of course been trying to discourage that by arresting some of them and otherwise obstructing them.

I have no idea what the monster is or what it's saying. I think it's Chief Executive CY Leung, but I don't know why he's a chained up dog monster with tits.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

If there are any cartoons that you feel are popular enough that they should go in the OP for easy access, then let me know now. This can include particularly popular edits or parodies (but let's not go overboard on those).

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This might be a decent old (and newly reposted) Derf for the OP. It about sums his work up.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Rorus Raz posted:

I don't even know how you get away with the first one. He was in office for less than a month and he apparently managed to become Lord Spender?

I'm pretty sure he got that title faster than the Nobel.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bloodnose posted:

I have no idea what the monster is or what it's saying. I think it's Chief Executive CY Leung, but I don't know why he's a chained up dog monster with tits.
I think it's roughly "Oh, you think you can come back to Mong Kong and go shopping and threaten me?"

e: Oh, and it's meant to be this dude:

sub supau fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Dec 31, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Manuel Calavera posted:

This might be a decent old (and newly reposted) Derf for the OP. It about sums his work up.

WHITE MIDDLE CLASS SUBURBAN MAN has been brought to you by WHITE WANNABE URBAN YUPPIE

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I really don't know how to interpret this. It's not over until the fat lady sings... so we're protecting her to ensure that happens? Or is it saying we're always going to be protecting her... and if we left she'd be exposed?

I don't know.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

TetsuoTW posted:

I think it's roughly "Oh, you think you can come back to Mong Kong and go shopping and threaten me?"

e: Oh, and it's meant to be this dude:

Your Apple Daily and handwritten Chinese are both much better than mine. Thanks.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

itskage posted:

I really don't know how to interpret this.
Really?

e:

Bloodnose posted:

Your Apple Daily and handwritten Chinese are both much better than mine. Thanks.
If I hadn't just read something the other day about 鳩嗚 being mock-Mandarin for "shopping" I'd have been completely hosed tho. Still not entirely sure what the last two characters even mean either. But you're welcome.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 31, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I think the bald-faced tu quoque machine was my favorite part of the 2012 elections, especially with how most of republican counterpoints were super weak equivalences directly from Obama's autobiography.

"Romney was a literal high school bully and is a proud homophobe? Well, Obama smoked weed and once pushed a girl in elementary school while he was being bullied for being black!"

"Some propaganda goons published a story of Romney abusing a dog as a good thing? Well, Obama ate dog meat once!"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

"Some propaganda goons published a story of Romney abusing a dog as a good thing? Well, Obama ate dog meat once!"
Which also ultimately gave us the eternal cry of "Don't be willfully dense".

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Bloodnose posted:

It's The Host!

Here's a similar scene to the one the comic is mirroring:

There's one scene with a raised claw and a closer distance between a human and the monster (and a much closer expression) but I don't have the movie for screen cap purposes at the moment.

e: it has parts from other monsters (like the massive bosoms) but I can't identify where they're coming from. The bosoms look like something from a Japanese animatronics film from the 80s but no name comes to mind.

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 31, 2014

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

zakharov posted:

Not only is this stupid, he didn't even spell de Blasio's name correctly.

I didn't notice any black cops turning their backs on de Blasio.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Israeli season!
Palestinian season!
Israeli season!
Palestinian season!
Palestinian season!
Israeli season, now fire!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Gravel Gravy posted:

Israeli season!
Palestinian season!
Israeli season!
Palestinian season!
Palestinian season!
Israeli season, now fire!

Why Do We Like Latuff Again

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gilganixon posted:

Why Do We Like Latuff Again

Because after the godking Odin slayed Latuff, he took the cartoonist's body and used it to create LF

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Memories :allears:

Did anyone ever figure out where the hell "do some blow" came from? Was it just that Ramirez figured enough people smoked weed that weed itself wasn't damning enough so he just threw coke in there apropos of nothing?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

loquacius posted:

Did anyone ever figure out where the hell "do some blow" came from? Was it just that Ramirez figured enough people smoked weed that weed itself wasn't damning enough so he just threw coke in there apropos of nothing?

IIRC Obama glibly mentioned some minor cocaine use at the same time he talked about his using marijuana.

quote:

"Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it,"

This appears to be the line referenced in his autobiography, although I don't know the full context of the sentence.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

loquacius posted:

Obama did actually do coke, it's in his book.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Rorus Raz posted:

Rob Smith Jr. hasn't done a cartoon since March, but he's still tweeting and talking about cartooning so I guess he's talking a break.

He's still going, although he seems to be repeating himself.

Here's one not about gruel.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

I like this one because the first few are have been largely criticisms from the super conservatives and then you continue down to climate change, Super PACs and closing Gitmo, all of which are not really the party's platform.

It's got something for everyone!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

"Stop race baiting" :allears:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Why is he pouring mud into America?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

America is the dustbin of the Earth, AGC.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Why is he pouring mud into America?

It's not mud...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Garrand posted:

IIRC Obama glibly mentioned some minor cocaine use at the same time he talked about his using marijuana.

This appears to be the line referenced in his autobiography, although I don't know the full context of the sentence.

:geno: Eh. That is no more scandalizing than I expected (which is to say not very). (also I'm sure Romney never once touched cocaine during his time as a rich teenager at a rich-teenager school, but that's a tu quoque too)

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It's not mud...

It's delicious, savory ground beef! Since America would not be the great country it is today without the hard, thankless labor of uneducated, unskilled immigrants, many of whom have always been illegal, they are represented here in Smith's cartoon as the main ingredient of our American stew, without which it would be incomplete :yum:

loquacius fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 31, 2014

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
GO! GO1 GO!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Oh man that's just shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yes, Obama, yesssss, mudify the pure white US.

Is this a melting pot reference?

• Locked thread