Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Phone posted:

Miata:
- Retune
- A/B/C testing on different air intakes
- 225/45R15 Rivals
- Redo seats
- BBK
- AIM Solo

Rivals over RS3's? Around here it seems like everyone who went rivals in 225/45/15's on 9" wheels switched back to RS3's. What's your experience been?

My plans:

- Make a side mount for the seat in the miata.
- 15x9 6UL's with 225/45/15's either Rivals or RS3's.
- Do more track days.
- Carbotech AX6's for brake pads. Drove a friends miata with them on, loved the feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Phone posted:

The R-S3s are a decent tire that's excellent in cornering, but it has pretty awful braking performance and it doesn't communicate well with any sort of slip angle. It's a really easy tire to control, but unless if you know beforehand that it isn't going to make any noise before you're sliding, it's unsettling. The Rivals act more like an R-comp and are only slightly slower than something like an NT-01. All of the summer tires are really good, but the R-S3 has a weird sweetspot and I want something that's better under braking.

That makes sense, I was on rivals this year and was impressed with how they reacted under braking and found them really communicative at the limit. I've only had a few runs on other peoples miata's on RS3 so I don't really have a good comparison between the two. I may run RS3's because I can flip them on the rim, and I know I'm going to wear the outer shoulders a lot faster.

• Locked thread