Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

My resolution: Turn the Studebaker into a good driver. Get the idle speed and mixture set right, fix rust spots, get the radio working, maybe fit a transmission with overdrive.

And then drive somewhere with goons at 55 mph (because my car likes that a lot more than 64). Seriously any San Francisco area goons, let's roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

H1KE posted:

So my 2014 resolution comes down to being a very good boy and not spending anymore money on bullshit I don't need over the next six months or so. This is the year I buy what I've wanted for many, many years. A US classic of some kind. I even have a plan!

Get a Studebaker and we can be Studebros :getin:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Altering AI resolution. Buy some kind of old iron.

It would be nice to keep a good list of all this then see who crosses poo poo off.

Repeating my previous post, assuming I understand your "old iron" correctly:

Become a Studebro.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BrokenKnucklez posted:

As sweet as a Studebaker would be... I have found my lust.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4266523761.html

Uses the same engine as Land Rovers, so it would be easy to pop out the old 215 (3.5L) and put in a 4.6 Rover motor in its place and run fuel injection with a tune. CSB has already provided me guidance on what I want to do. If I don't want to dick with the fuel injection, all I have to do is strip the intake, distributor, and a few other things off the old motor and put it in the 4.6 short block motor. If not, I can easily make it a stroker motor with a crank out of a Buick 300.

I am hoping tax time provides a decent return!

1962, has "lark" in the name, 2 door... Close enough to my Studebaker, buy it and consider yourself an almost-Studebro

• Locked thread