Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Run a 10 second quarter mile finally.
Take it to a real track like PIR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Since Colorado actually gets all four seasons I'm looking at something turbocharged and AWD. The two main contenders are an Audi TT RS and a 997.1 Turbo. Given the warranty and 15k price difference, I'm favoring the Audi at the moment.

Since you had inspired me to get a Lotus, you should follow my lead now and try a GTR. Drive a 2012+. It's not for everyone, but it's a bundle of giggles.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

The lack of a third pedal put the car out of contention. I'm sure it's a barrel of laughs but I feel like my enthusiasm for cars would slowly die if my only car was an auto of any sort. I briefly considered one but I read a few posts about how they hold up on the track and it seems the entire drivetrain and brakes overheat during 20-25 minute DE sessions at normal ambient temperatures.

Your Lotus had the toe link failure, right? That may have been what sent my car to the grave but the scary thing is I had the aftermarket Sector111 kit. Glad to hear you've kept up the insanity with a GT-R though.

Yeah, toe link popped right the hell off. I had actually put the S111 kit on after it broke before I sold it to the new owner. Scary.

I get the hesitation about a manual, but after 16 years of owning nothing but sticks I haven't missed it one bit with the auto in the GTR. I haven't heard about overheating issues besides from the brake which is fixed pretty easily. I've had my car out for 30+ minutes at a time for lap days with no issues.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Jesus christ please tell me this isn't the biturbo in question: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/4265438195.html

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I'm in Seattle with 200 miles of towing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

13 INCH DICK posted:

Look the key word is that it has potential okay

Potential source of high quality algae and mushrooms.

• Locked thread