Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
http://www.dcbservice.com has normally 40% off if you pre order and have specials for 50% off certain books each month. Full disclosure though I'm friends with a bunch of people who work there so I might be a little biased. They're super rad. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah I bought one of those X-Statix omnis from you last summer.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Once Brubaker is done just skip directly to Waid.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Just because you don't care about what DC is putting out does not mean that it isn't still selling. Batman still outsells just about everything else as far as I know.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm going to be traveling a little this year. Can anyone recommend good comic shops in Columbus, Ohio and Knoxville, Tennessee? For me, "good" includes large selections of back issues, TPBs (especially discounted ones), and loose action figures, but beggars can't be choosers.

I don't know where you are traveling from but if you are coming anywhere near Fort Wayne, IN you should stop by. We have DCBS which has just about every trade that's in print discounted at ~35%, Rhyno's store Clemm's Collectibles, and Books Comics & Things which has a pretty decent back catalog.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

I was just flipping through previews and I thought this was important.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Hey I forget if it was this thread or not, but a while back people were posting pictures of their bookshelves and now I'm gonna do that!

Also I really wanted to post pictures of this Kirby biography/art book I found for like 75 cents a few months back

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

How are those Zelda manga and that Left 4 Dead comic?

The Zelda manga is my girlfriend's and she liked them. I never actually read the Left 4 Dead comic in that I got it for the TF2 stuff.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Is there a way to read One Punch Man legally without having to buy whole Shonen Jump books? Are those scan sites legal? I'm not *too* concerned about it, but it seems like something I'd enjoy based on the pages I've seen in various threads.

They haven't released collections yet in the US for some reason so apart from buying the backlog of WSJ or just waiting no. You should catch up on scans or whatever then subscribe to Shonen Jump. It's only like $25 a year and it's super rad..

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Also its the women who do everything and the man is %100 useless.

There I fixed that for you.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Let's all pile on to this woman and tell her about how wrong and dumb she is for thinking a comic is sexist.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Some experiments, a what-if book, and a mouse are hardly a replacement for all the natural breeding of every mammalian species on Earth, dude.

Are you arguing that cloning is not a viable method of survival in regards to Y the Last Man?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
It's also hard to tell if it was actually Kirby phoning it in or a lovely inking or coloring.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I picked up some animal variants and realized they still come with digital codes. Help yourselves!
TMAPFGTP85KF-Punisher #1
TMAI83USAWEX-GotG #11 + Digital Collection
TMAA3S4M4FBX-All-New X-Men #22 + Digital Collection

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I remember that because I really wanted a Captain Marvel poster and was pissed that's the one they decided to put out.

Same thing with the Spider-Man posters from last previews. How did they not make that Marcos Martin cover into a poster? Utter garbage.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Because no one's posted a new X-Men thread yet, I've been writing up a new OP. I'll probably have it posted in an hour or so. Anyone got some good title suggestions?

X-Men Discussion Thread: All-New Marvel Now! STILL one big happy family again!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Black Science. I think #4 is coming out soon.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He will be on one here next weekend

http://www.lamole.com.mx/la-mole/invitados-especiales/

And these are what he will be doing/selling at it:

Blank Cover sketch $250 USD
Original Art $75 USD-onwards
Original Art Covers $1000 USD
Pre-Comissions:
Entintado con acabado con copic markers tamaño tabloide $400 USD
Entintado con acabado con copic markers tamaño carta $250 USD

(I don't know the english terms for the last two though)

Ahahaha oh my god Land looks like such a scumbag.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Probably the only colorists I can name off the top of my head, Jordie Bellaire, Matt Hollingsworth, Javier Rodriguez, and Laura Allred. They are all fantastic though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Speaking of Paul Pope, who did the coloring for Battling Boy because that was amazing.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I'm pretty sure they include their animated movies in there too.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Also as I understand it nobody wanted to see an Iron Man movie until it came out.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I was talking about the whole media input from the two companies. I follow with interest anything coming from DC (cartoons, live action series, games, movies, comics) but outside Spiderman nothing from Marvel has piqued my interest. I'm really pumped by ASM2 though.

It's really weird that I was pretty much in that same position like a year ago.
That makes me think, have you ever read the Daredevil series by Bendis? That's what really got me into Marvel.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Why? Isn't basically everything Dynamite publishes public domain?

EDIT: Probably should have read the next page. What properties does dynamite actually own?

EDITEDIT: This is all them just trying to trick Mark Waid into writing a book for them again.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Also whenever you see an Image book with a #1 on see if you like the writer/artist and if you do it'll probably be up your alley.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

DressCodeBlue posted:

Hey, does anyone know if the plastic used to bag comics can stand up to 140ish degrees Fahrenheit? I'm getting my apartment heat treated for bed bugs next week (thank you pack of dudebros next door who didn't initially tell me about their infestation until after they treated their place, pushing them over to mine), and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my funnybooks. :ohdear:

If it'll melt all over them, I'm just gonna take the books out and trash the plastic. Only reason I even have them bagged/boarded was I got the supplies for free.

I don't know how many comics you have but I would just take them out of your house instead of taking every single one out of their bags. In fact I can't imagine a case where that wouldn't be easier.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I dunno if you dislike everything you're buying except for one book then why are you buying those books in the first place?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

fatherboxx posted:

Imagine James Stokoe headlining Spawn :pcgaming:, the schedule would only be improved!

I had to google Stokoe to remind myself who he was and I found this.

Is that really how he holds his pencil?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

I have re-read 7 soldiers I think 3 times and I can ALMOST, but not quite, tell you some of the things that happened.

I thought the part with the mob boss was pretty dope.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Waterhaul posted:

People not knowing who Stokoe was offhand.

I feel as if I have failed the world.

I recognized the name I just haven't read anything by him yet.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

What's the worst possible mistake we can make to cause maximum anger?

I suspect the target must be Alan Moore.

That would require someone to see Alan Moore.

EDIT: And who would you even confuse him with? Spider Jerusalem?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Quote isn't edit.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
WOAH (From Bendis's tumblr http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/)

quote:

For immediate release!

Marvel and DC officially announce the return of THE AMALGAM UNIVERSE!

For the first co-publishing venture in over a decade, Marvel and DC have come to an agreement to bring back The Amalgam Universe, a universe comprised of ‘amalgam characters’ of some of the most beloved superheroes of the two most exciting comic book publishers in the entire world.

Spinning out of the events of Forever Evil and Original Sin, The Amalgam Universe is a brand-new, 12 part maxi series by super scribes Geoff Johns and Brian Michael Bendis with artwork by Olivier Copiel, Bryan Hitch, John Romita jr., Alex Maleev, Mike Deodato jr., and comics legend John Byrne, making his long awaited return to mainstream comics.

The Amalgam Universe will be published biweekly this September with many of your favorite regular comics ‘going dark’ for the duration of the series.

"The fallout from The Amalgam Universe is so big to both comic book universes, the changes so overwhelming, that you won’t recognize most of your favorite titles at the end of it.” said Bendis.

When asked: why now? Both publishers, in a joint statement said: because announcing it tomorrow just isn’t that funny.

Stay tuned for more details.
I guess people are really going for it this year. I just can't believe this would actually be true, but only terrible things could come from it if it was.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 31, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

You don't actually believe this do you?

Edit: Byrne hates everyone at Marvel.

"I guess people are really going for it this year."

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

DC/Didio wants Byrne to come back and do more work for some stupid loving reason.

You were editing your post while I had the post window open.

Oh yeah I edited it like 5 times in a row. My first instinct was to believe it because I didn't read it all the way through.

CapnAndy posted:

I would be hype for this and I'll call a liar anyone who says they wouldn't. What a beautiful dream :allears:

quote:

The Amalgam Universe will be published biweekly this September with many of your favorite regular comics ‘going dark’ for the duration of the series.

"The fallout from The Amalgam Universe is so big to both comic book universes, the changes so overwhelming, that you won’t recognize most of your favorite titles at the end of it.” said Bendis.
It would be like DC isn't happy just loving up their own books, they gotta go gently caress Marvel's books up too.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Jesus I'm dumb as poo poo today.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Now I want Johns and Bendis to do an Image book that is this with different names for everyone.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
They are kind of doing that in Mighty Avengers right now. I don't think they've come out and said who is wearing the Ronin costume but he is running around in other comics.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Supernova in 52.

gently caress yeah that's a great example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

They have. It was spoiled early on by a really dumb script leak, but it's been revealed in the book as well. It's Blade.

Yeah I'm saying Blade is running around in other comics.

EDIT: Also have you guys noticed a lot of the credits in books recently crediting the writer and artist together as Storytellers?

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 3, 2014

• Locked thread