Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So...um, apparently we have a bona fide comics writer in our midst. He (assuming he's legit) doesn't seem to like BSS much, though.

I don't know where he gets the idea we're all perfectionists who hate everything from. I mean I know there's a lot of complaints over some of the more controversional recent events in comics, but that's hardly unique to us, is it? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

You know, this Sarah Connor Chronicles chat reminds me, I think the music for the Age of Ultron trailer seems to be borrowing from the musical sting for the Terminators in that show. Which makes sense since it really conveys 'scary killer robot' pretty well.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

Not really, and that musical sting is from the original 80's movie.

Oh, really? Guess I've just got brain problems.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

redbackground posted:

He could also be referring to an entirely different scene.

I seem to recall hearing it was a scene with Spidey webslinging over a protest, shaking his fist. Steve thought Spidey was shaking his fist at the protesters, but then Stan wrote it so he was doing it in support.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

That interview is the best of all time. I think we're in good hands.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

zoux posted:

Are they doing anything with Hope's Lights anymore? I liked those characters and thought they had interesting powers.

When was the last time a new generation of heroes actually 'graduated' to being featured roughly on the same level as more established adults instead of being used for event fodder? The New Mutants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

SHIELD was real good, though. Blatantly aimed at fans of the show, but still pretty good

But there was no Crazy Ward in sight.

• Locked thread