Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Deadpool posted:

Interiors too.

And what gorgeous interiors they are. :swoon: I keep conning friends of mine who aren't regular comics readers but who liked Black Widow in the movies to try the book out. I've got two of them reading it, at least.

Noto's art is so beautiful it's absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Love the crotch-outlining she's got going on. :allears:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

Ah zha I believe.

It's actually more "ah-ha." I assumed the same as you, but Gillen interviewed him on a podcast and it was more of a straight up 'h' sound.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

Yeah that actually does make more sense. I guess it's the same kind of sound as Alejandro?

Yeah, basically! It's a Spanish pronunciation. Dude's a Spaniard.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Ryan Penagos' Twitter is pretty delightful right now. :allears: Thorpostin'!

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Literally The Worst posted:

Give me the cliff's notes because I'm not reading all of this.

He's got the depression real bad and only recently started getting treatment for it, basically.

e: that's as far as i got in it, poo poo's way long

also an edit: and i have no idea what it means for release schedules, it sounds like he doesn't either. he does want people to comment or interact with him on the internet or something though i guess?

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 30, 2014

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Bro. Seriously, bro?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

I am wearing so many pouches right now.

I just came from the future to tell you all that you need to change your course or else you'll end up in the darkest timeline!!!

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

redbackground posted:

I can't think of a Marvel female that's known most for her super-smarts: There are certainly a large number of very smart, very capable ladies (SheHulk, Kitty, Sue, Pepper, Maria Hill, etc) but I honestly can't place one alongside Reed and Tony. I hope there are some I just don't know about.

This is starting to really bother me, the more I think about it. Where are the genius science ladies of Marvel? :negative:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

Moira McTaggert might be the smartest Marvel woman I can name (science wise) and in terms of genetics, mutations, biology, etc. I'd probably put her in the neighborhood of Beast.

She's been dead a pretty long time, right? Not that death discounts her intelligence, but still. I know death tends to be temporary in comics but ... it's been a while.

Comics!

fatherboxx posted:

AIM is lead by one at the moment I think.

What book's that happen in? :allears: It sounds familiar, but damned if I know why.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I hadn't really heard of/recognized Manara's work before that cover, and he's not a bad artist. That cover ain't well drawn, though. Plus it feels super out of place in the current crop of female solo titles Marvel has going? None of the lady-centric books are really going for pin-up covers at the moment, so it feels like a weird choice and kind of a misstep.

... And seriously, she's presenting her rear end. It looks like she's got body paint instead of a costume on. The cover's weird. You can have sexy art without it being, well. That. He did a GOTG variant cover recently that was pretty cool while also being sexy! I just don't think it fits with what Marvel's been doing lately, and it ain't gonna draw in female readers. That is my thought.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

bairfanx posted:

(...) and said "yes, we want this on a book that we're marketing to women." Not that they hadn't already screwed the pooch on that one by putting Land on the book (his Spider-woman looks to be missing both legs from the knees down and has a really weird elongated torso from her breasts to her shoulders).

Are they actually trying to market Spider-Woman to women? The covers, both the main and variant, the Land art ... it doesn't feel like they're trying, I guess. The other female-fronted books right now feel like they've made a genuine effort to do that, but I'm getting none of that vibe from ... anything about Spider-Woman at all so far. Which is sad, because I like her a lot as a character and have 0 interest whatsoever in this book.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I haven't posted about Secret Avengers on here because everyone seems to hate it already, but I genuinely enjoy it overall. I even like the dumb just-finished-a-college-lit-course references thrown that're about willy nilly.

The latest issue was pretty fun, too, I thought, besides a few "uugh, really?" moments with Deadpool. I loved the stupid montage-y spread mid book. I love any time Maria Hill shows up. Like the dude who brought it up said, the book has female characters being competent and, imo, interesting, so stuff like that gets a pass from me.

Then again, I think I am also the only person in the world left reading All-New Invaders, too, though, so my taste is ... questionable. :negative:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I'm presuming she doesn't have nanomachines, son, so I'll give her a handicap.

Oh, what, so she needs a handicap because she's a woman and women aren't strong enough to defeat robot ninjas in single combat without nanomachines? Is that it? :colbert: Disgusting. Get outta here with that sexist bullshit.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

How many people actually work on Rat Queens, though? I don't have my copies to hand, and I'm guessing my assumption that it's just Wiebe and Upchurch is wrong since some folks are going on about how many other people will be harmed by any potential boycotting. If 50% of a 2-person team is poo poo, then I have no problem throwing the whole thing under the bus. I think a different guy does the covers, too, but that doesn't seem like as strong an involvement. Then again I dunno how the business end works. Do cover artists get royalties or anything?

Hell, Upchurch is such a major part of the book that ... I again have no problem going "yeah, gently caress that guy" and not putting any money toward him or his stuff from this point on.

Sucks because I really liked the comic. :negative:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

The 9/11 chat from a page ago just reminded me of an X-Men issue from ... I think the late 80's? Where they're showing part of maybe the DOFP future? and part of how you know it's a DARK TIMELINE is that the twin towers are gone.

I ran across it recently in my arbitrary backread of older Marvel stuff and it was pretty :psyduck: to realize that used to be a way to point out that this was a bad future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Imagine a world where Good Vibrations is actually a song about Daisy Johnson

• Locked thread