Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Madkal posted:

I was trying to find something that could explain if spider's really have a "spidey-sense" and came across this.

Enjoy some learning.

It turns out that Reasonably Biologically Accurate Spider-Man would actually be pretty awesome. "Is he strong? Listen bud, he's got massive fluid reserves in his torso that he can squeeze into his legs to suddenly burst into the air and leap across a football fiel-ud!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Did someone in the bullpen lose a bet to make Spidey's powers more convoluted than the Clone Saga at the time? Sweet mother of suck.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

That loving rules, way to go on a comic book sting.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Toys are so freakin' awesome these days.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Does Land ever do cons? I'd love to see him at a quick sketch table, sneaking Penthouse cutouts under his tracing paper. At least Liefeld can whip up his own pouches and grrr-faces.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

zoux posted:

Whoa Strong Female Protagonist is real good.

Yes, yes it is. I stopped reading a few years ago when it was right around the event posted in the badass panels thread (issue 3, page 65), catching up now and I wish I'd never stopped.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Edit: More Ebay auctions! Mostly DC stuff! All starting at 99 cents because I love everyone! Hopefully I get another nutbag!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rcwhitey/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Is that Martian Manhunter #1-8 the whole run? I'd guess so since poor J'onn tends not to do very well in solo series.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gavok posted:

I'm going with cosplaying Deadpool myself.

Squeezing tubes of Visine into the eyeholes of the mask.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I like to end every "how I like my coffee" joke the same way: "freeze-dried and dissolved into hot water."

(not sexist)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Anti-Life Equation is tea+milk-caffeine.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I always figured his claws have some kind of internal sheath thing to guide them through his hands and hold them in place when fully extended, which made a lot more sense when they retconned the mutant bone claws in.

Also, his forearms are a TARDIS.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

^^^ :hfive:

irlZaphod posted:

Just imagine yourself sitting here at J. Michael Straczynski's desk

writing a comic book in which Superman walks across America.

That sounds pretty lame, I'd probably quit after after a few weeks.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

To an extent; there's absolutely nothing worthwhile about secret identities being kept from loved ones, and any good comic book made in at least the last 15 years knows it.

Seriously, "oh no, I'm late/have failed to do something/must be somewhere else/whatever, how can I possibly explain this?" is... calling it a dry well does an injustice to dry wells. It's beyond tapped out. It is desolate. The ground has been salted and it's also radioactive; nothing will ever grow there again. If you love someone, you trust them, and if you trust that person, just tell them your goddamn secret identity! I never ever ever want to read that story ever again, and lovely writers keep on trying to make me.

This was pretty much the best thing about Man of Steel, Lois knowing right off the bat just feels so right and (I imagine) will make for such a better relationship dynamic at Clark's job when he's got a secret ID ally. It works so much better when loved ones and close friends are in the loop, both in plausibility and in cutting off the beyond-hackneyed plots you mentioned.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sturm posted:

So, who thought this was a good idea?

I guess joking like this with your friends is ok, but for a creator to say Wasp because she is rich and emotionally damaged...

I wish that page was populated entirely by Chris Claremont answers.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cardboard Box A posted:

Since when is the Red Hood some guy in a hoodie?

Since Harley Quinn was some girl you met at a goth rave, apparently.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gatts posted:

I want to make a JLA vs Avengers thread where I compare rosters of the Avengers Machine and the JLA and do all kinds of comparisons, contrasts, match ups, fantasy bookings, etc.

Someone stop me. Please. Before it is too late.

Go to the Heroclix thread for the punchy part and make your thread for the ideological/historical analysis. That stuff sounds really cool and interesting.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Peter David wrote a pretty good novel expanding on Future Imperfect called Incredible Hulk: What Savage Beast. It was pretty good when I was 15, anyway.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Why don't you go live in a cave and endurance hunt for every meal?

Some stuff sucks, even if it's classic. Those comics weren't well written when they were new either.

Reading old comics: a trial of endurance as challenging as subsistence living.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jimmy Kimmel just had an incredible bit of unnecessary censorship with a JLU clip, keep an eye out for it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8vUBTn3A4

The Russians, they get Batman.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SomeMathGuy posted:

I will never understand why that moment is so maligned. It's such a Batman '66-esque exchange.

It (and that whole film) is such a botched attempt at one. That's why.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

and Ditko is your prototypical randroid rear end in a top hat who wants the poors to starve in the streets TAXES ARE SLAVERY.

Are you getting that just from the latter Question/Mr. A stuff? Because it's totally possible to be a moral objectivist but not an economic or social one. Maybe not entirely reasonable or consistent but hey, that's people for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kramjacks posted:

What the gently caress do comic writers think earthquakes are? Or is her power to make make anything vibrate.

The power to "make earthquakes" would be one of those nebulous things like Storm's "controlling the weather" that, if you wanted to get all hip and quasi-scientific with it, would really be a lot more versatile than it seems on its face.

• Locked thread