Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

My USAA accounts are still updating but they're almost always 1 day old before updating vs 12 hours before. Very frustrating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Since the update to Plaid all my loans aren't updating and i sent a message to YNAB and got a boilerplate "it's always been hard for us to import information for loans etc" except i never had this issue and it always imported the payments until the update. Solid work by YNAB. I paid for this to not have to babysit transactions and their answer is "just start babysitting your loans and reconcile them with each payment"
I did do the process you mentioned Bort and that did fix all accounts not updating for over 24 hours, so thanks for that

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Not sure, seems my wife's iphone never gets notifications when there are transactions unapproved, while my android gets them every day they are there. It's quite annoying

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

They should have budgeted better so they didn't have to raise the price

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Im still at 45$ a year somehow. Yikes

In the FAQ they said you're SOL and will also be paying the price hike

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Wonder if they're going to renege when they see subscription numbers nosedive

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to do anything dramatic since I don't renew till may. Hoping they just walk it back if not plenty of time to review alternatives and discuss.

I just turned off my autorenew and they have a questionnaire when you do it so i let them know the price hike is ridiculous. Hopefully enough people do that they realize what a bad idea this is

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I can't fathom how a company can be so out of touch to not realize there an app for budgeting and getting out of debt and charging a ridiculous monthly price to do so. This should be a $5/month app. They haven't done anything additional since I signed up 2 years ago to add value.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

i think for me the worst revelation of the whole AMA hasn't been that i am losing my $45/yr legacy price... it's this statement in response to "how long until you will raise prices again?" "I can't say exactly how long it will be. I *can* say that the four years between 2017 and 2021 were too long, and that's part of what led to this being sudden."

Don't forget the "we knew we were doing this for 18 months but decided best practice would be to spring it on all users a month before it happened" for an APP whose entire purpose is helping you budget out once a year expenses monthly to help better prepare lmao

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

So much of their brand identity has been built on their user base going out and evangelizing on their behalf it’s kind of hilarious to see them piss it all away.
I can't tell you how many times or how many people I've told that YNAB needs to be in their life but I can tell you now I'll never say it again after this bullshit lol

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

Do budgets roll over month to month?

For example I have $100 set aside every month for spending, but I only spend $50 of it this month.

Do I have $150 next month? Or do I only need to assign $50 to spending and my budget is a strict $100 every month?

First one

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Harminoff posted:

If anyone wants to feel better about their financial situation I found this cool channel where this guy goes through people's budgets. Pretty entertaining!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D2psZ0GrrQ

Thank you for introducing me to this person. I am now subscribed and I LOVED this vid. Insane how much in debt that guy got

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Sockser posted:

I'm pretty sure YNAB4 would let you put future transactions into your budget, but nYNAB treats anything with a future date as not an active transaction

Makes perfect sense, I get it, it follows the YNAB methodology, but it's another in the list of things I liked being able to do in YNAB4 that I can't do anymore (looking at you, carrying over negative balances)

Not carrying over a negative balance pisses me off so much because I learned of that when I paid for a work trip with my CC knowing I'd be reimbursed when the trip happened (and I was) but the balance didn't carry over for the negative account charge which just made things a mess to fix and annoyed me to no end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Man I thought I had a lot of budget categories, but I definitely do not have a "New Tires" category. I am somehow impressed and horrified at the same time.

Just checked. We have 93 active budget categories this month.

I'd love to have some examples of things you're making a single budget line. I run 38 and feel like it's a decent amount, thought I just have categories for Auto, Home, Medical, Pets that covers "unexpected" costs like vet bills or an oil change. I did set a separate car tire budget though since the tires for my car are ~$1350 and I wanted to spread that cost out over years