Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepostaldude
Jan 18, 2009

I regret nothing.

Mr_D posted:

Per reddit, the new features of YNAB5 that we know about are:
  • "The Cloud" so now you can rely on a spotty internet connection to work on your budget
  • Goal tracking, basically a memo field for a budget category
  • Credit card payment management, a feature that becomes less useful the more you use YNAB
  • A monthly paycheck for the developers

You can look at a few of those, and at a sneak preview of the interface here: http://edge.youneedabudget.com/learn/guide/user-handbook

Looks like it is "Cloud"-Only, with no way to self-host it. I really do not want my budget in "The Cloud", so no YNAB5 for me. Luckily, YNAB4 is not going to cease functioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepostaldude
Jan 18, 2009

I regret nothing.

Sockser posted:

Your budget already is in the cloud, that's how YNAB4 works. It's just that the app is going to run from a website now, too.

My YNAB4 budget is saved only on my desktop. Why would you think YNAB4 is saving it in the cloud? I suppose if you enable dropbox support it can be called "the cloud", but I do not use that.

thepostaldude
Jan 18, 2009

I regret nothing.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Link/What's it called? For the rare case it may turn out something competent that I can selfhost.

--edit: Wait, I think I spotted the relevant thread in the personalfinance subreddit.

Can you give me a link? I can't find it.