Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to have sub-sub categories?

I use public transportation, sometimes bus, sometimes metro, sometimes taxi. It would be nice to have sub category and fine tune my budget. Or that if I have a "drinking fund" I like to designate 60% into wine, and 40% into beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the help, yeah I'm new to this. Just going through http://www.youneedabudget.com/support/video/step-by-step-set-up

So right now I am just consolidating my categories into Master mandatory column, and Optional. I'm supposed to budget for a month of income and then build onto that but I'm not sure exactly how to reach that step. I saw a video and a seminar and still need some time fine tuning things. Luckily I have no crushing debt or any financial obligations but just want to use my money in a more controlled manner.

I'm also having trouble giving every dollar a job. I just have a pile of money sitting in my meagre savings account of 0.0005% . I rather have a smaller savings account and dump excess money into a portfolio account, a retirement account, emergency fund, etc.

Oh is there anyway to deal with multi currencies? I live in Hong Kong and go to China/USA/Europe often for work/fun/goon meets.

caberham fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 4, 2014

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
You can also sign up for a free web seminar/tutorial. There's a lucky draw for a free copy.

If all else fails...

Said goon really really really wants YNAB, I can steam gift him. Just buy me a video game of my choice when you are debt free. Oh and you got to start your own thread and keep everyone updated of your crushing expenses :)