Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

caberham posted:

Is it possible to have sub-sub categories?

I use public transportation, sometimes bus, sometimes metro, sometimes taxi. It would be nice to have sub category and fine tune my budget. Or that if I have a "drinking fund" I like to designate 60% into wine, and 40% into beer.

I think all you really need to do is to signify who the payee is under your "public transportation" category. When you go to reports, you can break it down further into those payees and see the breakdown of what went were. In my linked example, this is my wife and my "eat out" fund for the month of April. You can see exactly how much we spent where, and how this would potentially apply to "drinking-sub beer/sub wine" and "public transportation-sub bus/sub taxi/sub subway", etc.

Dead Pressed fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
I'm holding out to see if steam gets it lower, but as of now its not discounted at ALL on steam. :(

Thanks for the heads up about the $30 deal, though...I'll go through with that if I can't get it cheaper before Monday.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

This link is still providing 50% ynab, FYI. Just bought two. Should expire tonight.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
For those of you concerned about a new ynab coming out, you could try out Dave Ramsey's new "every dollar" tool. A lot like ynab, and free for the basic (not connected to banks) service, which replicates ynab pretty well. I'm currently taking it for a test ride and it seems pretty decent.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Just a reminder that Dave Ramsey's every dollar is free for the same functionality on the cloud. I've found it to be a completely fair substitute to ynab.