Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I have been using Mint for about 2 months, and saw YNAB on the steam sale so I grabbed it.

The first thing I did was download the past year of data from my bank and credit card and imported it in. Then I watched the new to YNAB video and pretty much flattened the whole thing and started over and just going to use it from now on and not worry about the past as they said.

I set up my budgets and it looks like my savings is getting decimated this month due to me budgeting my estimated taxes this month plus some one-time stuff since I am getting married at the start of next month, but after I take the draws out of my business to cover those things, it will go back to normal and I can refill my savings "envelope".

Now as soon as Mint comes back from maintenance I am going to get my off-budget assets I got saved there (mortgage payoff, car payoff, home value, car value, etc.) then I am going to stop using mint except as a centralized location to pull transactions from. At first, I thought I wasn't going to like manually inputting every transaction, but now I see its going to help me see what I spend money on and make more conscience about my spending habits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU